I wanna grumble about...

Replies

• Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    It is only 45F where I am today and we have a very cold wind too. No shorts and sandals that I've seen today.

I don't mind the cold or the heat but I don't like the temps going back and forth. Next week we are supposed to be 76F again and then back down. Mother Nature needs to pick one!! LOL
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    It was 80+ degrees here today with air on….usually very warm at Christmas….only a few years we have had cool weather….ugh….I hate it hot!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,802 Member
    Mercifully a cold front- relative for our Canadian friends- comes through tonight. So only 60F for the high tomorrow with a light freeze Saturday night. 🥳 Woohoo! It will be short lived but might get to don a sweater or jacket for a change.
    Like Connie, I grew up in the north. So not a fan of southern weather - winter or summer. Just seems abnormal somehow.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Today I want to grumble that I'm cold (currently 21F outside) and I am at work for 4 hours today. I am not expecting any phone calls or anyone to come to the office, but I have to be here anyway.

I know I should be glad to have a job and I realize I only work 16-20 hours a week, but I don't want to sit in the office and do nothing. :( That's my whine/grumble.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    Had a weekend staffer at a place I worked who was on a similar shift mainly reading a Harlequin or doing her online shopping. It was always a surprise when there was a call or walk in! She continued on weekends till they moved further away. Used it as her quiet time away from the kids 😂
  • Americanbabydoll
    @PAV8888 I bring my Kindle with me, watch Hulu/Netflix, or mess around online (MFP or shopping). I'm glad I get paid to do nothing, but sometimes it's hard to get out of bed to come to work and do something I could do at home. Luckily my boss and I trade off Saturdays so I only do this every other week.
  • Americanbabydoll
    I wanna grumble that my son's car keeps overheating and we can't figure out why. He has already replaced the thermostat, water pump, and radiator fan in the last month but today it started to overheat again. He has to borrow my truck or carpool with me until we can get his car fixed. That's not a problem but he's not sure what else to do now. No money for a mechanic to tell us what they think plus my son wants to figure it out on his own because he's studying to be a mechanic. (Proud mom: He's 17, just graduated high school and already has a job lined up to learn on the job plus his college classes.)
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    Inspired Lad - update us once he solves it!
  • PAV8888
    I'm sort of wondering too! Best of luck. Overheats can make people cry
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,701 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I'm sort of wondering too! Best of luck. Overheats can make people cry

As can delayed turbo bikes. Has your arrived yet Gimpy?
  • PAV8888
    There is hope this week.
  • Americanbabydoll
    @lauriekallis & @PAV8888 He changed the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor and reset the warning lights. Then he started the car and let it run for awhile. He said the warning lights never came back on and it never got hot enough to overheat. He is taking it to work today and hoping it is fixed now.
  • PAV8888
    Fingers crossed the ride to work is good!
  • Americanbabydoll
    I'm happy to report he made it to work without an issue. No grumble from me today. :)
  • PAV8888
    Woot! Woot! I now have a Lincoln LS 2003 for him.... with an overheating problem 🙀🙀🙀😹
  • Americanbabydoll
    🤣😂🤣
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    Good for him!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Today I wanna grumble about 85 mph wind gusts and sustained winds of 35 to 55 mph. It looks like we are in the Dust Bowl. It is so dark outside and there is dirt everywhere. Buildings are losing roofs, street signs are breaking off their poles, and doors keep getting pulled open by the wind. It is crazy bad. It is affecting my breathing and I haven't even been outside in it. Power at my house has been out for 2.5 hours because of the wind moving the power lines. It looks like a blizzard only its dirt instead of snow. :s
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I want to complain because it is 87 outside and humid…..certainly not holiday weather…..not as bad as being in the middle of the country currently with crazy winds!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,802 Member
    Mid 80s in Texas too. It’s just wrong! Fortunately we’re getting cold (50s) and rain over the weekend. So I’ll be baking cookies without running the air conditioning. Woohoo 🥳