I wanna grumble about...

12346»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    Well it is 0 right now... but it is supposed to feel like 1. Fahrenheit. That is more like -18 in the Swedish dude scale everyone else uses!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,594 Member
    Wow....sounds like some horrible weather you gals are experiencing.

We had some good wind here last weekend - door blown off my shed, lots of limbs and signs and a neighbours awning down. But since then it has been beautiful - unseasonably warm (kinda creepy), but perfect walking weather.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,810 Member
    Laurie, I know 80s in December might seem pretty nice when Canadians are freezing. But speaking for Connie and me, after suffering through a blistering summer and autumn, we look forward to some cooler weather. We barely have any seasons except HOT. I couldn’t open windows between May and November! And winter is pretty much over by March here.
    Don’t miss the ice and shoveling though. 🥶🥶🥶
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    Perfect weather requires you to be comfortable walking outside. If you can't.... it's no longer perfect for me!🤷🏻‍♂️
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,594 Member
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Laurie, I know 80s in December might seem pretty nice when Canadians are freezing. But speaking for Connie and me, after suffering through a blistering summer and autumn, we look forward to some cooler weather. We barely have any seasons except HOT. I couldn’t open windows between May and November! And winter is pretty much over by March here.
    Don’t miss the ice and shoveling though. 🥶🥶🥶

I didn't think that sounded pretty nice at all - that sounded horrible to me - I wasn't being facetious. I can handle a few weeks of that through the summer. Can't imagine all year round :(
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,810 Member
    Yup - it’s just wrong somehow even after nearly thirty years here. Eternal summer with green lawns and leaves on the trees. When we lived in South Carolina and Virginia, winters were mild but there were four distinct seasons. You’d get a good laugh seeing Texans bundled in puffer coats, boots, gloves and ski hats on 40 degrees days. When we get a mild freeze, the grocery shelves are bare like the apocalypse is coming.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Hot here through the weekend!