Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @19shmoo69 @Firefly743 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! So far, she is adjusting well. Your rings sound gorgeous, congrats! I'm glad you had some downtime yesterday. We love the holiday baking shows, no violence or drama, just fun! I sure hope everything turns out okay with the biopsy.

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss! Well done!

Hi all. Not too much going on here. Doing pretty well overall. Have a great day!

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 186.2
    CW: 183.8
  • trooworld
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW1020 I know, things have been really quiet. I think we need a discussion question or something lol. I'm so very sorry about your husband's cancer. That's good they caught it in stage 1. I hope the thickening of the rectum turns out to be nothing. It sounds like you are doing well besides that.

Hi all. My eating was on-point yesterday, no snacking at all not even healthy ones. Today, I'm leaving work early to go on a tour of a museum's library. I am excited for that as a library geek. I'm also excited I get to leave work early lol. I just hope the traffic isn't bad because of the coming rains.

3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

• trooworld
    Username: Trooworld
    Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    PW: 227.2
    CW: 230.6
    LTD: 17.4
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @trooworld your puppy sounds super cute! Definitely sounds like she needs a home with you♥️!!

@TeresaW1020 I am so sorry to hear about your husband’s diagnosis. I hope they quickly figure it out so that the plan can be made

Good morning everyone! Well this crazy weather of ours has me MIA. After that crazy rain we were having, we had a dump of a foot of snow!!! It takes forever to get anywhere. Typically to get to my gym, it takes 15 minutes, with all of the ice and snow it takes between 30 to 45 minutes , it is crazy around here. It seems that before Christmas there is so much running around, and right now it takes forever. Right now, I am sitting outside at the dog groomers. I normally drop Vannie off, then head home for an hour or do a few things before it is time to come back. With the crazy the roads the way they are right now, I don’t have time so I sit outside the dog groomers for an 1.5 hrs, crazy. If I am not checking regularly, it’s just a crazy Christmas season along with our roads. On Monday, the snow was so deep that it was about 2 inches up Vannie’s tummy. I had to stomp down a circular area so she could squat to go to the bathroom 🤣.
    I am definitely just trying to maintain this week. We had a birthday dinner for my mom and daughter-in-law to be, then today I am going to a brunch at a dinner theater. If I can maintain I will be super happy!

I am so sorry I haven’t checked in much, I don’t see it changing much in the near future. I decided to take the opportunity, while waiting for Vannie to catch up on a few things on my phone, I am behind on everything!! :-).
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Hi! I'm back! My trip was nice, but not nice food wise. MIL had less quantity of treats, but better quality- ie- things I love and find hard to resist. My Mom is having some health issues and did not cook at all- so all meals out while we were there. 1 short walk- it was c-c-c-cold! The good news is the scale is only up 2 pounds. I expected 5! My dog did great, in fact, I think he is feeling better than when we left.

So, now it's time to get back to work and eat well between now and Christmas. I have my meals planned out and will get some exercise planned as well. I find it easier to get it done if I already know what's on the schedule for the day.

@TeresaW1020 - I'm sorry about your husband's diagnosis. I will keep on praying for him and for you too.

Lisa
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 11/24: 224.1

Check in weight (12/1/2021): 223.8
    Check in weight (12/8/2021): 223.5
    Check in weight (12/15/2021):224.5
    Check in weight (12/22/2021):
    Check in weight (12/29/2021:

I can only speak for myself, but the radio silence has been my unwillingness to think about my weight loss goals. There is so much stress this time of year in a normal time. Right now, work is a a stressful mess, and still worrying so much about my dad. I had a slight breakdown yesterday, so hopefully now that it's off my chest that way, I can move forward a little better.

Have a lovely week all!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Good idea about having a discussion question. Let me give that some thought and if you have something please feel free. I hope the museum’s library lived up to your expectations. :grin:

@laurelfit57 Thank you! We are also hoping for a plan to get hubby better that doesn’t take forever. Yikes on getting all that snow! I’m not one bit envious of you having to deal with all that. I would love a nice inch or two. 😉 And don’t worry if you can’t check in every day. We are all busy and shouldn’t feel any added pressure.

@Cornanda Thank you for your prayers. <3 I think only having a 2 lb. gain is great! Let’s just get through the holidays without beating ourselves up or diving too deeply into the sugar and it will all work out in the New Year. :)

@leonadixon You are under a lot of stress and the last thing you need to do is to feel stressed about your weight loss goals. I feel the same way right now. But what if we switch our thinking from weight loss to health goals. Can we eat a little healthier at some meals? Can we get in a little more water and exercise? We have to do what we can and be kind to ourselves. <3

Hi Team! Went to work today in the office and then came home and did a workout. This evening I will be with the kids at church for our Christmas party. That should be crazy and fun! :grin: Hubby has to go tomorrow to have a brain MRI to rule out anything in that area. We are just taking it day by day and trusting God to see us through. My eating was pretty good today but there might be a cupcake happening this evening. :grin:
  • trooworld
    @laurelfit57 She is so cute! Super sweet. We told the rescue that we would like to be considered for her permanent home. :) Oh dear, that weather sounds bad! Poor Vannie (and you) for having to walk in it. Thanks for checking in, good to "see" you!

@Cornanda Welcome back! That's good that there were fewer treats. That's awesome that the scale is up less than you thought. I'm glad your pup did well. Meal planning definitely helps. Good luck!

@leonadixon Yeah this is the time of year that there is so much going on, it's no wonder it's so quiet around here. I hope stress lessens for you soon.

@TeresaW1020 The museum and their library were a lot of fun! It did live up to my expectations lol. How did the Christmas party go last night? I hope all goes well with the MRI. <3

Hi all. We had a non-party Christmas party at work yesterday, we just brought a bunch of food and left it in the break room all morning to graze on. My stomach was bothering me so I didn't eat that much. I went home early because it was hurting so badly. It's better today.

• Cornanda
    edited December 2021
    Well, it's Thursday and the weekend is almost here!

Opened a bag of chips yesterday- that was a mistake! Have vowed not to eat any today. Did a nice, sweaty step workout today. Been enjoying some walks since the temp is much nicer here than it was up north. Forgot to mention my NSV of needing new, smaller jeans! I'm excited about that. I don't have much holiday stuff left to do- the biggest thing is the wrapping. I like to do it in my garage with the door open and the sun shining in while I listen to Christmas tunes. (Apologies @laurelfit57 and any other northerners who are having yucky weather.) I set up a big table and then I can leave all the mess right there until I'm done.

@TeresaW1020 - one day at a time is a good way to take things with your hubs right now. Maggie Mae is super cute!

@trooworld - when you have a chance can we get a pic of your sweet Daisy? Haven't been able to add a photo in a long time, let's see if this MFP upgrade fixed it. Here's my little guy: kteu80t6ua8f.jpg

As far as discussion questions- it's probably a bit early, but I've started thinking about how I've done this year and what I'd like to work on next year. We could also talk about how to minimize damage without depriving yourself through the end of the year.
  • Cornanda
    Well seeing that it's so quiet around here, and I successfully posted a pic.... I'm gonna post a couple more. I'm posting my doggo in his donut bed- I talked about him curling up in it a long time ago. And the other photo is just plain goofy fun!

3xpe1jn2411j.jpg

feko6bade5hz.jpg

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 134.4
    CW: 135.4

What should I do next year? Maybe own the fact that not every pound up is water fluctuation 😁.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    I see your dog and I’m matching it with mine - half and full versions 3ucxywpxibkv.jpeg
    da7htbruy8j1.jpeg
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Such cute puppy's you all have
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day:Friday
    PW:205.3
    CW:209.4

mx32pp4l0xes.jpg

rt9p2wzw3n6i.jpg
  • trooworld
    @Cornanda Chips are my downfall. Right now, we have mini bags of baked chips and I've managed to only have one bag with dinner but it's pushing it to have chips in the house. How did you do yesterday with them? Congrats on needing new smaller jeans! That's awesome! That sounds like a fun way to do the wrapping. I would love to post a pic of my sweet Daisy! Awwwwww, Mojo! Mojo is adorable in his little sweater. I love the pictures, especially the close-up of Mojo's nose lol. What a cutie, thanks for sharing! We just ordered Daisy an indoor igloo of sorts. We hope she enjoys it. She already has a nice bed. She's so spoiled and it's only going to get worse! LOL Those are great discussion questions. What do you say, @TeresaW1020 ?

@GabiV125 Now is the time to make a plan for next year. Start thinking! :) Your pup is so cute! OMG is he a puggle?

@davidji82 Your pups are adorable, too! <3 Look at him smiling!!!

Hi all. Does anyone else have pups they want to share pictures of? I think we could all use some pup pics today! I am sharing some pics of Daisy, our new foster who will be a foster fail. The last pic is of her at a coffee house, we took her there on Sunday and she was so mellow, just put her chin on the table and snored away while we enjoyed our coffee lol. I took her to the vet yesterday and they said she looked good but they are running blood and urine tests. Eating has been pretty good.

3ep19lgdhad8.jpg
    lwj5c6hgberb.jpg
    k9lvhht11c1i.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Cornanda Mojo is the cutest!! That sweater and that nose!! <3 Great questions and should be asked. See below. 😉

@GabiV125 HaHa, I often use that water fluctuation excuse too. :grin: Your dog is adorable!

@Davidji82 What cute dogs you have! Where do you live? Are those lavender fields? Beautiful! :)

@trooworld I’m loving all these doggy pics!! <3 How is Daisy adjusting? Is she in love with you as much as you are with her?

Hi Team! Well, we just got some good news that hubby’s brain MRI is clean. Thankful for that bit of good news for sure. This evening we have a Christmas party to attend. I made a bacon ranch cheeseball because who wouldn’t love that? I did a good workout and have been careful with my eating today since I’m sure it won’t be great this evening. :p

Questions to think about and answer when you are ready:
    1. There are 14 days left in 2021. Yes, there are still parties, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve to navigate. Do you have a plan of action on how to handle the remaining food events?
    2. New Year’s Day 2022 is right around the corner! What will be your plan going into the New Year to get back on track, or to stay on track? How will you make 2022 different than 2021 in regard to your weight, fitness, and overall health?
    3. Do you have an inspirational word or quote that you will have to help you stay focused in the New Year?
  • leonadixon
    7pzvsvvz8kjq.jpg
  • leonadixon
    Here are my fur babies!
    leu2s8ac3a2b.jpg
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19

Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 261