more_oomph Posts: 112 Member
    I hate when I'm in the middle of cooking and I have to go #2

Can someone watch my quiche?
  • Sweet_A
    Sweet_A Posts: 7,694 Member
    Nothing! 🙌🏻 Nada!
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    That I had a naughty dream about my crush but they weren’t sleeping with me and were a huge douche about it
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    This stitch in my mouth that just...won't...dissolve.

I try to chew on the other side but sometimes food migrates and pulls at it and damn, it hurts.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Metric/imperial conversions.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,516 Member
    edited December 2021
    Drivers who forget how to drive in the rain
  • Mychal987
    Mychal987 Posts: 78 Member
    @ReenieHJ this is why I’m a dog person lol
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Today.....it's the post office. :( Trying to figure out where a package is that I mailed is being a real pita. And the people at my post office weren't real helpful, said it's impossible without the tracking number. It didn't help that I lost it. :( For almost 40 years I saved every single flipping receipt I ever got due to my job. And now, I can't find an important piece of info that I truly needed??

But thankfully my dd got online and found out the package is trapped in a recovery center not far from where she lives and she's got a picture of the tracking number. Hmmm, maybe the postal clerks need some training. :(

Now we shall see if the package ever makes it to its destination. :(
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    The term, “light anomalies”
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Nothing really, maybe just feeling like I can never get enough sleep. Dang you Netflix!🥊
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Today.....it's the post office. :( Trying to figure out where a package is that I mailed is being a real pita. And the people at my post office weren't real helpful, said it's impossible without the tracking number. It didn't help that I lost it. :( For almost 40 years I saved every single flipping receipt I ever got due to my job. And now, I can't find an important piece of info that I truly needed??

But thankfully my dd got online and found out the package is trapped in a recovery center not far from where she lives and she's got a picture of the tracking number. Hmmm, maybe the postal clerks need some training. :(

The USPS is and has been a joke for years. I just spent 30 minutes in line because the ONE clerk behind the counter was not only continually going as slow as possible (she always does this), but because she, the postal employee, did not know how to mail a lady's package to a European address or how to input it in the computer. She's been doing this job for YEARS.. and works on a US military base, which means packages are sent overseas OFTEN. She is so inept at her job that multiple people on base have complained about her and have resorted to driving in dangerous D.C. traffic just to mail their packages from the nearest PO.

Add to that there are a few packages I'm waiting for (not Christmas gifts, thankfully) from overseas and I have no way of tracking them at all (the company I bought from decided not to put tracking on the $60 dollar vinyl I bought). So, it's just stuck in shipping hell and I had to open a mail search request yesterday for it (it was shipped on the 29th of Nov. Should have been here a week ago).

So, even though it is a PITA, you *can* submit a search for mail request online even without a tracking number. And usually, even though it may take a few weeks or months, most mail that's been "lost" in transit to me is eventually found, sans tracking number. Holding my breath and crossing my fingers that the same happens with this vinyl since it was limited edition and I had to search around for a company that had a copy I could purchase and ship here.
  • ReenieHJ

The USPS is and has been a joke for years. I just spent 30 minutes in line because the ONE clerk behind the counter was not only continually going as slow as possible (she always does this), but because she, the postal employee, did not know how to mail a lady's package to a European address or how to input it in the computer. She's been doing this job for YEARS.. and works on a US military base, which means packages are sent overseas OFTEN. She is so inept at her job that multiple people on base have complained about her and have resorted to driving in dangerous D.C. traffic just to mail their packages from the nearest PO.

Add to that there are a few packages I'm waiting for (not Christmas gifts, thankfully) from overseas and I have no way of tracking them at all (the company I bought from decided not to put tracking on the $60 dollar vinyl I bought). So, it's just stuck in shipping hell and I had to open a mail search request yesterday for it (it was shipped on the 29th of Nov. Should have been here a week ago).

So, even though it is a PITA, you *can* submit a search for mail request online even without a tracking number. And usually, even though it may take a few weeks or months, most mail that's been "lost" in transit to me is eventually found, sans tracking number. Holding my breath and crossing my fingers that the same happens with this vinyl since it was limited edition and I had to search around for a company that had a copy I could purchase and ship here.

Yep, that's what my dd did; she has an account with USPS and is able to see any incoming packages. BUT why did the 2 employees I spoke with locally, not know a person can do that? Not know there *IS* a way to get the tracking number? Honestly, neither one of them had a clue. And one of them is a long term employee. I cringed when I realized who was going to wait on me. :(
    I think some of it also is because everybody is scrambling to fill a spot with a body to work. And many of those bodies either 1. don't care or 2. aren't as well trained as they should be.

My dd submitted a claim yesterday because she had to wait a week from the day I sent it. But she said when she finally got to talk with a person they weren't helpful or supportive at all. :( Doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

And how does one file an insurance claim for lost packages? I insured it for $600 but doubt I can find many of the receipts. And some of those receipts don't specify what the gift was, only the place it was purchased. I do have my credit cards records but dang, gonna be a pita figuring that all out and proving it was in the box. I truly do not understand how it made its way all across the states, only to end up in a warehouse the next city over from where she lives. That's mind boggling. :( She could drive over and look for it herself. :(0

All I can picture is months from now, they'll hold an auction and someone is going to make a huge haul with all the gift cards. :( Or even, some shady employee will discover them and they're easy to pocket, ya know?
    Yeh, I'm not the most optimistic trusting thinker right now. :( But who knows, maybe a small miracle will occur.

@KosmosKitten, I wish you some small miracles to get all your deliveries you're expecting and hoping for!!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    In the I'm too old for fandom bs, I watch this show where one of the characters is gay. The young fandom also thinks all the other characters are some kind of gay (because they want representation) which I don't agree with but that's not my irk.

Someone posted that they thought a song coming out after the gay character died was homophobic because he would have been all over it. Which is dumb because the character is a ghost so can still listen to the song. Anyway, I know it was a lighthearted post but it irked me that members and/or allies of the lgbt community could throw that word around so nonchalantly.

Also, our office christmas dinner is tonight and I'm trying to figure out how to extricate myself before having to go through all the courses and not feel bad about it or blurt out the truth. NONE of us (except one guy who' always up for a good meal) want to be there.
  • honey_honey_12
    This ******* headache 🤯
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited December 2021
    Yep, that's what my dd did; she has an account with USPS and is able to see any incoming packages. BUT why did the 2 employees I spoke with locally, not know a person can do that? Not know there *IS* a way to get the tracking number? Honestly, neither one of them had a clue. And one of them is a long term employee. I cringed when I realized who was going to wait on me. :(
    I think some of it also is because everybody is scrambling to fill a spot with a body to work. And many of those bodies either 1. don't care or 2. aren't as well trained as they should be.
    My dd submitted a claim yesterday because she had to wait a week from the day I sent it. But she said when she finally got to talk with a person they weren't helpful or supportive at all. :( Doesn't instill a lot of confidence.
    And how does one file an insurance claim for lost packages? I insured it for $600 but doubt I can find many of the receipts. And some of those receipts don't specify what the gift was, only the place it was purchased. I do have my credit cards records but dang, gonna be a pita figuring that all out and proving it was in the box. I truly do not understand how it made its way all across the states, only to end up in a warehouse the next city over from where she lives. That's mind boggling. :( She could drive over and look for it herself. :(0
    All I can picture is months from now, they'll hold an auction and someone is going to make a huge haul with all the gift cards. :( Or even, some shady employee will discover them and they're easy to pocket, ya know?
    Yeh, I'm not the most optimistic trusting thinker right now. :( But who knows, maybe a small miracle will occur.
    @KosmosKitten, I wish you some small miracles to get all your deliveries you're expecting and hoping for!!!

There's a lot that local PO workers don't know about the system. They aren't taught about the online system unless they specifically work for the service centers. Not even the postal workers *at* the PO know a lot.
    For instance, I spent 30 minutes in line because the lady at the nearest PO didn't know how to ship to a European address, despite working their for years. And it wasn't a one-off because I've heard several people complain about her since I moved here for similar things. They are taught surprisingly little during training and just are supposed to "figure out" the rest.
    Honestly, I have had more luck asking for a "call-back" from the USPS and dealing with an online call service than I ever have in person. Also, the service center can usually pull up things easy if you *do* have a tracking number. In my case, the shipper insists that there isn't one, but all packages (even media mail) have one once they enter the US.

https://about.usps.com/publications/pub370/pub370_v10_revision_012016_tech_013.htm

The above is information on filing a claim. It's pretty picky. If you, as the sender have the receipt with the tracking number and the cost of the item you mailed when you mailed it (that has the assigned tracking number on it), this is when you use it to file a claim. Even better if you have receipts from when you purchased the individual items. When you get a person on the line (either by waiting forever or asking for a call-back), be sure to ask them if there is a stipulation on how long you have to file a claim, as well as how long you should wait for a package to show up before filing one. Depending on the mail service, there may be a time period that has to pass before you can file for lost property or damages.
    Also, if it is IN that sorting facility near her, it is not lost. The tracking clearly shows it is stuck in the sorting facility, so calling up the USPS service center and getting their help to get the mail to move is probably the first step. I had to do this A LOT last year. The fact that tracking shows it is still in the system is a good thing. If you call them up and get someone to look into it, usually that's the "push" the package needs to get moving again. This time of year, there are just so many packages, too few workers and so many hazardous weather conditions so the mail *always* gets messed up, slowed down or halted all-together.
    I'm still waiting on my vinyl, but I did submit a search request (since I have no tracking information). Trying to give it the benefit of the doubt since I believe it was shipped standard airmail from overseas, which equates to like.. media mail here. And.. if it got stuck in customs, it might be awhile. If it doesn't show by Christmas, I'll be calling up the call center myself and to let the shipper know it never arrived. That will be a whole other fight trying to get my money back.
  • ReenieHJ
    @Kosmoskitten Thank you for all that info!!!
    I actually found my receipt with tracking number info; I was so excited. I figured I just had a terrible stupid moment and threw out the receipt. But it'd slipped into a card and I found it this morning. My dd did file a search request, describing the contents of the box.

I was out reshopping for her this a.m. and relayed my lack of confidence in the post office this year, to one of the store owners. She said she's never heard so many stories about lost mail as she has this year. :/

As far as ordering from overseas....my other dd had ordered something a few years back that got stuck at customs and it took at least 3 months to make it through. :s

Good luck to you!
  • honey_honey_12
    y9ua2ysugvbj.jpeg
  • makinlifehappen
    makinlifehappen Posts: 110 Member
    Anti-smoking ad that blames the tobacco companies for a man’s cancer yet never once does he take ANY responsibility.

It’s your own fault if you smoke and end up sick.
    (I am guilty)

It’s your own fault if you drink so much you become an alcoholic.

It’s your own fault if you eat like crap and don’t exercise, ending up overweight.
    (I am guilty)

People blaming every problem on someone else.
    Take responsibility for your own decisions in your life.
    Be daring, step away from the herd.

Don't tell my sister that