Is it really hard to add friends on MFP or is it just me?

You find someone you want to be friends with, go to their profile, there is nothing there to add them. I can ignore them, but... Find friends is just a marketing tool to sign up new people... What am I missing, am I just stupid?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    That's because you're looking at their forum profile, not their actual MFP profile.

When you're looking at someone's forum profile, edit the web address in the browser: delete 'community.' from the address and you'll be taken to their profile, where you can add them as a friend.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    This was easier before the recent forum update.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    If you look at the post about the Community upgrade that's still on the main Community page, it's still on the list of issues for which they're trying to find a solution. The Community part of MFP is a separate product (Vanilla Forums) that's supported by a different company, but their staff and the MFP staff work together to integrate them & support the integrated result. This feature is one that has had problems since the Community upgrade, needs to be worked out.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    With recent changes to the forums, its not as easy to get to peoples profiles profiles anymore. The easiest way (from a computer) is to replace the user name (like in the url below) with the user name of the person you want to add. ( i cant help you with doing it from a phone as I dont use the forums on my phone). I dont care if you add me, but I will warn you, I am not the friend for everyone. I am very supportive, and off and on all day, so see most things, but I swear like a sailor and ramble incessantly about my life, and not just about diet and weight crap. I have an awesome group of friends who are pretty much the same. You are welcome to board to crazy train and hop off if you so choose. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/callsitlikeiseeit