"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Heavy rains today so it's gonna be chaos at school.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. Just caught up on all my TV shows I watch and watching replay of the GSW winning last night against the Pacers and now Curry only two 3 pointers away from all time record. Maybe he does it tonight. I'm watching for sure.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,907 Member
    Tonight's meal: Taco Tuesday

FF Update: Good news, bad news. Good news is my early-playoff team did in fact advance to the second round. Bad news is my fourth team on the bubble fell just short. Going into MNF I was up by 52 points, with my opponent having two players left whose combined season average was 26 points per game, so I figured I had some cushion. But by the end of the night, Cooper Kupp and Aaron Donald (IDP league) combined to score 56 and knock me out. Pity, too, because my two rivals also lost, so I would have gotten in, but because of tie-breakers I'm odd man out. Oh, well, I finished the league 7-7 and still have three of my four teams playing this week in the playoffs, so I'll just have to focus on them.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full day of clients and early start. So glad today is only a half day at school.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Steak and vegetables last night. Was so good to watch Steph Curry breaking the 3 point record last night! As a long life DUBS fan, it's been so great to say we have one of the best players ever on our team. So many years of mediocrity and it's been crazy since we won championship a few years back. Can't wait till Klay and Wiseman get back. Think they are good now?

• nossmf
    edited December 2021
    Workout: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    T-Bar Row 4x10
    Cable Pulldown 2x10
    Cable Chindown 2x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    BB Curl 3x21 (7 reps bottom half, 7 reps top half, 7 reps full range)

Tonight's meal: Stroganoff

Fantasy football update: Playoff brackets have been set for my last two leagues, so I know who my opponent is in all three playoff games. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure what my starting lineup is going to look like, between Covid flaring up, questionable tags for players like Josh Allen and DeAndre Hopkins, etc. Early betting lines have me as an underdog in all three games, though the margin is so close it's basically a wash. If the unfortunate happens and I end up bowing out early, at least I'm able to have actual hope for my Broncos to reach the postseason for the first time in years.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Weather has been cold and rainy and not something I'm really used to.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express last night. I was too beat to cook. Good thing is that I'm right on track for goal weight weigh in at beginning of Jan. Just have to sustain it through the holidays. I'm on a "bye" this week fighting for 7th place overall. I don't play till next week. But at this point I'm just putting in all my good guys regardless of matchup. Now I'm just focused on the 49ers just keeping a playoff spot.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and last day of yard duty for the year!!!! I get a couple of weeks of from the school.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Lamb and broccoli. My weight has been steadily going back down now, but of course there's still Christmas to deal with next week!!
    With a "bye" this week in FFL, I'm going to go watch SPIDERMAN this weekend and just enjoy the Warriors tonight.
  • nossmf
    edited December 2021
    Workout: Volume Leg Day

Squats 4x20
    Hack Squat / Standing Calf Raise Superset 3x10
    Bulgarian Split Squat 3x10
    Leg Extension / Seated Leg Curl Superset 2x10

Gym observation: This was my last day having access to my neighborhood gym and the hot tub for a while, as I'm giving up my expensive membership to help pay down a couple bills. I will have access to the military gym, but it doesn't have a hot tub for after leg days, and it's a long drive to get to which means I likely will only go on days I work, not on my days off. We're hoping to get a legal settlement sometime early next year from when a drunk driver crashed into my wife's truck at a stoplight (she's ok, but has back pain which will likely be lifelong). If it comes out to as much as we've been led to believe, we'll be able to pay some bills off, put some in savings, and I can rejoin my gym.

Regardless, I have the next week off from work, will also take the week off from formal exercise, let the body regenerate a little. My left bicep has been bugging me of late, mostly when my wrist is in the position of a hammer curl, so hopefully it'll be fine with a week without lifting. We'll see how my weight is after all the Christmas cookies I plan on baking with my kids, so maybe a little extra-long walks with the dogs will be in order...

Tonight's meal: Pasta of some form... it's my monthly date night with my wife, we alternate who picks where we go, and she's chosen some Italian place I've never heard of.

Fantasy football update: Two of my three playoff matches didn't have anybody in Thursday night football, but the third one really had it going. My opponent had the twin terror towers of Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce going off for a combined 80 points (more than double their average). I countered with Justin Herbert and Tyreek Hill's 60 points combined, plus another 25 from a linebacker who was putting on a tackling clinic. This is going to be an interesting matchup, especially with the news of Covid postponements of the Raiders-Browns game from Saturday until Monday, as we each have multiple players in that game, so we won't know the final results until late.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Regular cleaning, grocery and laundry today. Going to go watch SPIDERMAN today with my daughter.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Polish dogs yesterday with sauerkraut for dinner. I didn't eat the best because it was the last day of school for the year and there were so many treats. However, I did stay within calorie restriction. Back on track today.

• nossmf
    Saw the new Spiderman last night.

O.
    M.
    G.

Willing to chat forever about it, but won't here due to spoilers. But wow...
  • ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »
    Saw the new Spiderman last night.

O.
    M.
    G.

Willing to chat forever about it, but won't here due to spoilers. But wow...

Was awesome or what? I'd watch it at least 2 more times in the theatre.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. 9ers won in decisively yesterday. Hope for a good playoff run.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chinese last night for dinner. Have to make this week count hard because the weekend is going to be tough with 2 family parties to attend. I'm going to have to be very disciplined because I'm just above goal and could totally make it hard on myself to make Rd 3 goal weight by end of the month if I'm not careful.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Lots of schedule shifting due to the holiday this week. Since I have no yard duty, I've opened up time slots and am inundated with many people.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and broccoli for dinner. Watched the DUBS last night win again. Lots of football action too and more tonight!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Crazy schedule today due to all my clients basically rescheduling to fit our closed days this week.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Chicken curry and vegetables for dinner. Curtailing on all the treats given to me by many clients. Still on track to meet my Rd 3 goal.
  • nossmf
    edited December 2021
    Exercise: I have been enjoying my time NOT exercising. My left bicep no longer aches.

Fantasy football: This was not a good weekend. Two of my three playoff teams lost (including one in the semifinals), and my Denver Broncos lost, and with it probably lost their shot at the NFL playoffs.

Tonight's meal: seasoned ground hamburger served over a bed of rice with sauteed mushrooms.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule all day and kbox class this morning. Rain has brought people indoors to the gym and it's been pretty crowded.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Shrimp and asparagus last night. Can't lie that I haven't indulged in fudge and some other treats, BUT I have been counting calories and am only .5lbs from my Rd. 3 goal. Now just gotta make sure to control it till the end of the year.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Just morning schedule then we close at 2pm! Then later off to my sister's to celebrate Christmas with my side of the family.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Steak and sauteed bok choy for dinner. Weight has been steadily holding, but this weekend will be my test. With all the rain, it looks like I'll have to do my walking on the treadmill. Luckily I have a key to the gym. Warriors won last night and got redemption on the Grizzlies, but the 49ers lost in a close one to the Titans. Still not sure how we'll do in the playoffs once we get there.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend and Merry Christmas! Although the gym is closed, since I have a key, I can still go in and personally workout! And since it's leg day I'll get it done before we meet up with family at 12pm for an all day family get together! And watch the Warriors win!!!

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: So many variety of foods I couldn't count. But only a .5lbs gain. I'll keep it up today and KNOW that I should finish Rd 3 in the win section.

• nossmf
    Workout: Yesterday since my daughter was sleeping off a cold, I volunteered to take her dog for a walk. Combined with taking my son's dog for a walk while he was at work, the count was 192# of man on two legs vs a combined 125# of dog on eight legs, so it was a contest the whole way. Ended up running a lot more than intended, tug of war a lot, and entirely more cardio than I had intended for a leisurely "walk." I hate to say it, but I need to get more cardio into my workout regimen...

Tonight's meal: Thanksgiving Redux. Turkey, brown sugar ham, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, two types of rolls, wine, and Hershey's chocolate pie for dessert. After adding in the cinnamon rolls from breakfast, and I'm already in negative calorie budget remaining before I even think about lunch. But hey, it's Christmas, so we'll forgive it.

Fantasy football: AJ Brown woke up and performed his best game of the year just in time to help my chances to advance to the finals. Still have lots of games left, but he took me from being an underdog to now favored to win.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Schedule is sporatic today. But have class tonight. Looks like I won my FFl consolidation bracket this week. Next week is for 7th place overall.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi last night. After all the family parties, I'm only up 1lbs. So I have just under 2 to lose before the weigh in next week. Looks like some extra cardio and fasting to make it up. But I'm more than confident that I'll make Rd 3 with no problem.

• nossmf
    Workout: pushing a shopping cart around the grocery store to feed a family with 4 teens
    Today was supposed to be the day I begin working out at the military base gym, but over the weekend I developed a nagging cough, and figured a couple extra days at home would be a good call, rather than have coworkers staring at me every time I coughed

Tonight's meal: pan-seared pork chops with BBQ sauce and oven-baked potatoes

Fantasy football update: going into MNF I'm up 30, he has RB Alvin Kamara left, so I should be good but by no means is it a guarantee. It would've been guaranteed if I hadn't gotten cute with my QB decision. I'd been riding the arms/legs of Josh Allen all year, but this week I allowed myself to convince myself that with Allen facing a stout New England defense, and Matt Stafford facing a porous Minnesota defense, I would be better off with Stafford. Of course, Allen goes off for 37 points compared to Stafford's 9, so if I end up losing this week, I'll have only myself to blame...