NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Prayers for you & DH…I, too, hope they can get all the cancer with the surgery & that his colonoscopy will be OK. That is so nice that you did the shopping for the angel tree.

I don’t have time for personals right now. I am having a hard time sticking to my calories & exercise, so giving myself some grace until after Christmas. GD is doing good after surgery, but keeping me busy helping with her therapy since DD is back at work. Ice machine & leg movement machine multiple times a day. She went back to school Monday, but could only do 1/2 day, so helping get her to & from school, too. I think she will just do half days all week. We did take Bella (the granddog) back home.

Hope everyone has a good & less stressful week.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @cbabie No, do not give up on yourself. You can do this! <3 Are you concerned you might have diabetes, is that why you want the tester? Yes, we are busy but it's all good. Yeah, we are always trying new recipes lol.

@theslightedgeforever True! :) How are you doing? How's the foot?

@TeresaW1020 Luckily, I just have to get gift cards at this point except for my officemate. I have to find her something locally and I'm not looking forward to that. I ordered her some earrings coming from the U.K. but I don't think they will be here by when I need them. :( Yes, Miss Daisy will likely be very spoiled! :D That's awesome that every kid on the Angel tree will have gifts.

@RetiredAndLovingIt That's good you are giving yourself some grace. You'll get back to it. It sounds like you are being a great help to your GD.

Hi all. Today we are having a Christmas party at work, or are we? The director came around yesterday to everyone asking if we wanted to have a party today and the consensus was yes, and he said it was on but he never sent an email. I'm bringing those little ham and cheese sliders but I really don't know for sure if we are having the party? In other news, Daisy played with her toy for the first time last night. It was so cute. She shook her toy and was rolling around on her back. She goes to the vet tomorrow. I look forward to finding out what is going on with her.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..I have a little more time this morning, so thought I would get on here right away.

@trooworld Your sliders sound yummy, hope you have the party. We never had Christmas parties at work. Miss Daisy is so cute..I love the smooshed faces..most of my grand dogs have been Shitzus (not sure how to spell, lol). So same face, but more hair, lol. Daisy was the name of our poodle when the girls were growing up. Hope Miss Daisy doesn't have too many health issues.

@theslightedgeforever Hope your foot is doing better. I had heel spurs & plantar fasciaitis & what helped was shoes with very good arches & then later got orthotics. Used to wear them all day & it finally went away. I probably still have the spurs, but they don't bother me anymore. Stress fracture sounds painful. Yay on being down 4#!

@cbabie Glad you are better from the Covid. They say sometimes the fatigue lasts quite a while. Ooooh pumpkin bars..I love them! They would not be safe around me, lol. I know what you mean about eating the "old" food rather than throwing it out, I do the same thing. Hope your ear is better.

I am still tracking everything & getting on treadmill when I can.

Dh was out in the timber yesterday, slipped & fell (didn't get hurt, just muddy) but when he was coming home, he realized he didn't have his phone. So he got up at 5 am to get back out there & try to find it. Figured it should be light by the time he got there & took mine to try to ping his, lol. Anyway, I could not go back to sleep, so got up at 6 & started doing wash & get on here. Hope he finds it, but thankful it was a pretty cheap one, lol. Supposed to be very windy (up to 70mph winds) & maybe stormy later, so he wanted to get back before then. He just called, found his phone, but now lost his glasses. Tripped over something & they went flying. Good thing he really doesn't need them after his cataract surgery a few years ago, & they were a pretty cheap pair, lol. Men!!

I have to get Gd from school at lunch time. I am glad she isn't pushing too hard & trying to go all day. Dd will take her to PT this afternoon. Gd is hoping she will be down to one crutch, but don't think that will happen yet. She is not putting full weight on that leg yet, but I'm not sure if she is supposed to either. She said "It's not fair...I decorated my room for Christmas & I can't even see it!" Her bedroom is on 2nd floor & she is not allowed to do stairs yet. Over all I think she is getting along very well. I had to laugh yesterday, she had to put mascara, etc, on before going to school...priorities of a teen girl, lol.

I think we are having Christmas with them (dd & fam here) this weekend, then are going to OK sometime next week. Dd & kids here have school thru Wed next week, so we might have to wait until Thurs to go. It was our turn to have Christmas in OK last year & it didn't happen, so we are doing it this year. Guess I better figure out what we are going to eat. Might be a pretty simple meal, lol.

Hope everyone has a good week.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, wow good to wake up to all the conversations!!! LOL. Well I ate a little better yesterday, but not where I want to be. Went on a bike ride and then my DH and DD decided to go buy firewood...so then had to unload our truck and carry it to our back yard. That was fun...especially with a 3 yr old and it had to be put inside the pool gate. So I got my exercise in. :). I am not diabetic that I know of...however that being said, I don't want to be either..both of my parents were. I just know my eating is not leading me in that direction and I want to "see" what my body is doing.

@TeresaW1020 I love hearing your mom is in her element...reminds me of my mom...she was in her element in her "sewing" room..She loved making things and giving them away. My sister gives good advice...but I don't always listen.. I am praying for you to not eat your emotions..that you will become actually stronger in not eating them. You and DH have the best mental attitude and that is really most of the battle.

@trooworld LOL so glad Daisy is playing..I pray for good news at the vet. I just had a thought, your boss probably just wanted to get some good food into the place and knew you would bring some. LOL. I hope you have a great day at your work place and enjoy some FUN.

@RetiredAndLovingIt you are such a good grandma...she is lucky to have you in her life. I am sure you feel lucky to have her in your life too!! I had to laugh about your DH...I am glad he found his phone. Well maybe your GD can keep the decorations up past Christmas just to enjoy them. :)

@theslightedgeforever You are doing great and you have learned a lot since mom getting cancer. I eat at night..I have found crocheting helps some. I am usually too busy during daylight hours to eat too many bad things.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited December 2021
    @teresaw1020 I know it's hard not to want to do everything to take care of others but we still need to take care of ourselves too. I'm so glad you are doing that. The foot is getting better since I'm not doing alot of walking for exercise. When I add it back in, I'm going to do it a little at a time. That way I'll know how much is too much.

@gemwolf110 How has your week been?

@trooworld My foot: see my answer to TeresaW

@retiredandlovingit I'm glad your gd is doing well. Just two weeks left in the year and you can concentrate more on yourself in Jan. Thanks for the info on the plantar fasciitis and heel spurs. I'm sorry about dh but he really was having the worst luck. :)

@cbabie Sounds like you got in some good exercise. Little changes each day will add up.

98/100 Red
    64 min cardio, weights, stretching

• trooworld
    @RetiredAndLovingIt The sliders were delicious! We did have the party but it was kind of a non-party: everyone brought food but just went into the break room all morning getting food, no specific gathering time. Thank you, she is such a sweetie! I had a Shih Tzu, they are little loves, too. Hopefully, the vet visit goes well. I will let you know. I'm glad he found his phone, that's an awful feeling. I'm glad he didn't get hurt when he fell. Oh dear, that man is unlucky! I hope he finds his glasses. Oh, poor GD! Not getting to see her decorations. I hope you enjoy your Christmas this weekend.

@cbabie How's your back been? That makes sense about the diabetes testing. Thank you, at least we will know what is going on with her. LOL about my boss! I'll talk more about the party below.

@theslightedgeforever That's great that your foot is getting better. I'm glad you are resting it.

Hi all. We had our work party yesterday, it was really not a party but was more "bring a bunch of food and put it in the break room" and eat it all day lol. Nobody gathered. It was sad. I also went home at 1:00 p.m. because in the morning before work, I popped some Ibuprofen on an empty stomach and my stomach was hurting so bad. The food didn't help it either. It's better today.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld What ever happened with your dr appt about your migraines? Did they figure something out so you can exercise? Some people would like that kind of party where people bring food but you don't have to talk to your coworkers. lol I could talk more than eat.

I had bookclub yesterday. Nice book. Girl with the Louding Voice by Abi Dare Next month I'm the hostess and we are reading 1984.

226/238 Green
    54 min cardio and stretching

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @teresaw1020 I know it's hard not to want to do everything to take care of others but we still need to take care of ourselves too. I'm so glad you are doing that. The foot is getting better since I'm not doing alot of walking for exercise. When I add it back in, I'm going to do it a little at a time. That way I'll know how much is too much.

@gemwolf110 How has your week been?

@trooworld My foot: see my answer to TeresaW

@retiredandlovingit I'm glad your gd is doing well. Just two weeks left in the year and you can concentrate more on yourself in Jan. Thanks for the info on the plantar fasciitis and heel spurs. I'm sorry about dh but he really was having the worst luck. :)

@cbabie Sounds like you got in some good exercise. Little changes each day will add up.

98/100 Red
    64 min cardio, weights, stretching

Oh. Boy. I derailed my goals. It was an extra stressful week at work and I ate my stress to gain 1.4 lbs and now at officially highest weight of 226. Smh 🤦🏼‍♀️ Christmas break cannot come soon enough. I think it’s time to look for a new career.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Ohhh your poor DH! What an ordeal to first lose his phone and then his glasses. Did you have a good laugh about it? :grin: I’m glad that your Gd is doing better and yes mascara is a VERY important thing for a teenage girl. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! :)

@cbabie I can picture the 3-year-old wanting to help carry the firewood. :grin: Diabetes runs heavily on my mom’s side of the family and is one of the reasons I want to be at a healthy weight.

@trooworld The furniture store I worked at often had those kids of break room parties too. I hope you are feeling better with your stomach issues. <3

@theslightedgeforever 1984 should be an interesting book to read and discuss in light of the times we are currently living in. ;)

Hello! We got some good news that hubby’s brain MRI is clean. We are thankful that we can rule that out of the equation. This evening we have a Christmas party with the people that are in hubby’s Sunday school class. I’m not really looking forward to another party but I love all these people so it will be fun. We are taking mom along and she is excited. I made a bacon ranch cheeseball that is very tasty if I do say so myself! :p
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever They ordered CAT scans to make sure nothing is going on. I go get those done in the middle of January. You are right, some people (some of my coworkers included) would love that kind of party lol. I could talk a lot, too. I've heard of that book, it's on my Goodreads to-read list. I loved 1984. Did you pick it?

@gemwolf110 Sorry about the stress and the gain. I hope it gets better soon.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you. I am! I'm so glad that the MRI was clean. A bacon ranch cheeseball sounds delicious. Care to share the recipe? ;) I hope you had fun.

Hi all. It's 39F outside right now at 6:18 a.m. too cold for me and too cold for Daisy. We found out we can adopt her as soon as she is clear with medical which should be soon. I've got most of my Christmas shopping done, it was easy because most of it was gift cards. I'm still making magnets for my coworkers, I decided to make different types so I'm going to have a lot of extra magnets probably lol. We had air fryer chicken fajitas for dinner last night. One of my favorite easy recipes.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, Sorry I missed the last couple of days..I would get on here and read and then get distracted. Its been so cold here and I am just starting to feel like me again. I am spending most of my time reflecting and planning for 2022. I am so ready for life to be something more than COVID and it's effects. I am almost done with my GD pillow I was crocheting her. She loves sunflowers and I found a pattern on Etsy. I just have to finish sewing the bottom..YEA. It was supposed to be for her birthday in Nov, but COVID said NO. LOL. So she gets it for Christmas. I had more drama yesterday that helped me make bad choices....I am hoping not to gain again, just maintain. LOL.

@trooworld Magnets are great. I love my magnets. So happy you are going to be able to adopt Daisy. Would you like my 3? LOL. We have one in heat and she thinks she is male. Every time I say I am going to GET HER FIXED..and I don't so hopefully I will this time. My back is a little better and yea, I really don't want to be on meds for eating sugar. LOL. My dad's idea was he would just take more insulin to eat what he wanted...until he couldn't afford it any longer..smh...makes me sad to think people can't afford meds.

@TeresaW1020 So glad you got GOOD NEWS...more to come! Thankfully Christmas is almost here and the food will all of a sudden be salads..LOL

@gemwolf110 So sorry about your stress...I did the same thing, but I am hoping not to gain...but so far I have 3 weeks in a row. LOL. Take time to reflect these last few days of 2021. I pray God will show you the best path for you in 2022.

@theslightedgeforever I could never do a book group..I don't finish the books and their time frame is not mine. LOL. Glad you have that. 1984 was better for me than 1983..LOL Not by much, but better.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @gemwolf110 It's so easy to stress eat. So you just forget it and move on and make good choices today. What do you do again exactly? I forgot. What would you do instead?

@teresaw1020 The bacon ranch cheeseball sounds really good. I bet low in carbs too. That would be good for me. That's why I chose the book 1984. We choose almost a year in advance. It's going to be a really good discussion. Probably fiery. But those are the best kind. :) What good news about your hubby. Such a relief.

@trooworld How are you doing on your WW? Yes I picked the book. I read it in high school my sophomore year. At that time 1984 was just around the corner. Here we are years later where it is so relevant. I think he wrote it in 1949.

@cbabie One of your habits for 2022 is don't stress eat when you have drama around you. Of course write that habit in a more positive way using the SMARTER framework. I don't like magnets. They are messy. People in other countries afford meds more than here. Big pharma is just making money off of us and keeping us sick. I think it's sad that suddenly all the food will be salads. lol Balance balance. We have a month to finish a book. Surely you can finish a book in a month. Did you ever read 1984 in high school? 1983 was a good year for me. The year I met my hubby.

191/164 Yellow
    Exercise rest day
  • TeresaW1020
    @gemwolf110 So sorry that you had such a stressful week at work. Maybe over your Christmas break, you can give that new career some serious thought so it can be put into action. :)

@trooworld This is the recipe I used, but I used sharp cheddar instead of pepper Jack and I used at least a cup of cheese. :grin:https://www.thechunkychef.com/bacon-ranch-cheese-ball-recipe/
    That is cold for you! I’m so glad that you will get to adopt Daisy. The nice thing about the magnets is that they will always be a nice gift idea throughout the year. Mmm air fryer fajitas are one of my favorites too! :)

@cbabie Sorry for the drama you had to deal with. I’m ready for a better New Year too. Although, I do admit to feeling rather pessimistic that we will get one. :/ However, I do know we serve a good God and that is where true joy lies, so let’s cling to that knowledge. HaHa yes, lots of salad is on the horizon for sure but also lots of lean protein will be in the New Year diet. Just NO more sweets! :D

@theslightedgeforever the cheeseball and a huge hit. Even my pastor loved it and he has the palette of a five-year-old, which I admit is one of the reasons I choose it. :D I also love a fiery discussion and 1984 could definitely do it if you have book club members on different political camps. What fun! :grin:

Hello! It’s unseasonably warm and rainy here today, but that is OK because I’m not going anywhere. DH went up to Walmart this morning and said it was a nightmare already. Our Christmas party last evening was a lot of fun, but I’m glad the parties are over. Other than my Sunday school party tomorrow morning but that is just cookies and juice. :grin: I’m working on my 2022 plan to get back on the weight-loss wagon. For sure going the high protein route. I also signed up for a new challenge that Marty Kendall is doing starting January 8th that will help me target my macros. So yeah, I’ll be tracking those pesky calories and macros for at least a month. ;)
  • mrytckr
    mrytckr Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, can you say more about the Marty Kendall challenge you referred to please? I’m new and macros with low carb, high protein is the plan I’m working on. Thanks!
  • TeresaW1020
    mrytckr wrote: »
    Hi, can you say more about the Marty Kendall challenge you referred to please? I’m new and macros with low carb, high protein is the plan I’m working on. Thanks!

Marty Kendall has an incredible amount of knowledge and I can't recommend him enough! You can start by looking over his website https://optimisingnutrition.com/ To read about the Macro challenge and how to join (there is a cost) you can read about it here. https://optimisingnutrition.com/ddmacros/ Marty was doing his challenge on Facebook but has recently moved to his own platform. I hope to see you over there! :)
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm ready for COVID to be over, too. That sounds like a very special Christmas gift and I know she will love it! Sorry about the drama at home. The magnets came out really good, I will post a pic of them now that I made different ones. LOL I think one dog is all we can handle at this point but my hubby did say, "This is probably crazy, but what if we got another one?" I said that was a bad idea lol. Yeah, I think little Daisy is going into heat so the rescue is going to get her spayed. No, you don't want diabetes. I've heard insulin is expensive, that is sad that people can't afford it. That shouldn't happen.

@theslightedgeforever I was doing really bad, not even doing anything on the program, but I am doing a bit better now. Yes, I think it's an interesting choice for your book club because it is so relevant now.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you for the recipe! It looks so good and I love cheese so do most people lol. I am glad we can adopt her, too! <3 Yes, these magnets aren't holiday-themed so they are good all year round. I went to Walmart at 8 am yesterday and it was busy so I can imagine it only got worse. I'm glad you had fun at the Christmas party. Tracking is good for ya lol.

Hi all. I spent most of yesterday doing crafts. I took a vase and put rubber bands on it and then sprayed it with frosted glass spray. This is a gift for my officemate. I will include a before and after pic. I also made more magnets (see picture). We got fast food last night: we had to do some running around after I picked up my hubby from the hospital and we didn't get home until 8:30 p.m. if I were smarter, I would have made dinner prior to picking him up but I was being dumb.

m472rgusyu01.jpg
    1q3fka0yovhv.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Sounds like you have a good plan for 2022. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have the palate of a 5 year old too. lol In my bookclub we took a personality quiz and I was a "protagonist". One of the characteristics was likes watching people argue and fight. :D

@mrytckr Welcome to the group.

@trooworld So reframe this: if I were smarter, I would have made dinner prior to picking him up but I was being dumb. Sounds like you are beating yourself up there. Which restaurant did you go to? Let's figure out what you can choose from there to minimize the damage next time. There will be times when we are tired and rushed and get fast food. Your magnets are so cute. I love the vase. You are so creative.

223/238 Green
    35 min cardio and stretching
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever You are right, I was beating myself up. Carl's Jr is the restaurant. I don't tend to make healthy choices at those restaurants so that is why I don't eat there a lot. I am so hungry by the time we make the decision to eat there that I am thinking with my stomach and not my brain. I looked at the menu and my best bet would be a kid's meal of some type. Thanks re: the crafts.

Hi all. Yesterday was really nice weather, almost 70F. I took Daisy and met up with a friend on a coffee house's patio. Daisy was so good while there. I had a nice iced blueberry herbal tea. Afterward, we walked a bit. Dinner was chicken pot pie made with puff pastry instead of pie dough. It was really good.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I love Carl's Jr. I'm trying to teach myself at these kind of places to order a sandwich I like with no bun and then a side salad. Then cut up the sandwich and throw it onto the salad. Then grab a couple of fries from hubby. So I get the taste of everything but not all the calories and carbs. I think they have a low carb menu item but I don't think that would help you on WW. Hm. Blueberry iced tea. I've had blueberry hot tea once. It was good. I'm currently drinking iced sage tea. It's a part of my new water plan. chicken pot pie sounds really good. I wonder which one would have more points/calories. Pie crust or puff pastry?

81/100 Red
    Exercise rest day

I lost another lb. That makes 6 since I got back home.

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld You are so creative! I still say you need an Etsy store to sell your stuff on. I hear you about making poor food choices. I was tired and cold after spending so much time at the doctor's with hubby that I caved when he suggests buying Chic-Fil-A. I could have made a healthy choice on what to get but of course, I didn’t. Their holiday shake was in my hand before I could even allow myself to think about it. :# Blueberry iced tea sounds good. I had a boss that would make blueberry coffee. I loved it! 😊

@theslightedgeforever I do have a good plan and the key will be sticking to it. I really don’t do well with moderation. I want to be a moderator and not an abstainer, but if I was being totally honest that probably isn’t going to work for me. At least not while I’m still actually trying to get the weight off. Haha, yes, I can see you as a protagonist. :D

Hello! Well, hubby had his colonoscopy today and the doctor didn’t find anything to be concerned about. He did schedule a CT scan for next week for an area where he couldn’t get to because of an old appendectomy scar that hubby has. It sure is a crazy time with all these tests and the waiting to find out what’s next. Hopefully, the CT scan will be the last one and then we see the surgeon and find out how to get rid of the lung cancer. In happier news, our jewelry store called, and my rings are ready for pick up. I can’t wait to go pick them up tomorrow!! :grin: