Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    OMG! These dog pix are making my day! EVERYONE has a cute pup! (or maybe it's just that there is no such thing as an ugly dog?) Bring on the fur baby pix- I cannot stop smiling!

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 171
    CW: 171.9

+0.9
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Forgot to post this yesterday. Probably wanting to stay in denial. :grin::#

Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 181.2
    CW: 183.4
    LTD: 81
    Month: +2.8

• Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 213.0
    CW: 210.4
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Me too! She is adjusting well, still having a few accidents in the house but we are working on it. She is definitely as in love with us as we are with her! :D I'm so glad that your hubby's brain is healthy.

@leonadixon OMG they are adorable! Thanks for sharing. :)

@Cornanda I agree. I love the pics! I'm glad it made you smile.

@Firefly743 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. Things are going pretty well over here. I'm almost ready for Christmas, I just have to get a few more things and make a few things. I made one of my favorite recipes for dinner last night: air fryer chicken fajitas. Life is good.

DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:
    1. There are 14 days left in 2021. Yes, there are still parties, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve to navigate. Do you have a plan of action on how to handle the remaining food events? Well, my BIL is still in the hospital and I'm not sure he will be out before Christmas so our Christmas is probably canceled as far as special meals go. If it isn't canceled, it will be fairly easy: we will probably make lasagna and I can handle one serving of that.

2. New Year’s Day 2022 is right around the corner! What will be your plan going into the New Year to get back on track, or to stay on track? How will you make 2022 different than 2021 in regard to your weight, fitness, and overall health? Well, I hope to be cleared for exercise in February but until then, I am going to continue getting back on track with tracking, drinking water, and eating veggies.

3. Do you have an inspirational word or quote that you will have to help you stay focused in the New Year? I've really enjoyed having CHANGE HAPPENS as my phrase of the year. I've tried to live up to that phrase and have made some incremental improvements. My new phrase/word, I will give some thought to and will reveal on Jan 1st. :)

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,765 Member
    Digger61
    Sat
    PW 218
    CW 223
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 133 lbs
    CW: 133 lbs
  • TeresaW1020
    edited December 2021
    @trooworld You have a good plan to finish out this year and go into the new one. I always look forward to what your inspirational word will be! :grin:

@bgame4 Cat pics are totally acceptable!! I love cats and wish my hubby did so I could have one. Yours are adorable! Cats love to lay on things we don’t want them to lay on. :D

Good morning Team! I’m killing some time before heading off to church. I have a little Sunday school party planned for my kiddos that should be fun. I’m getting excited that it’s almost Christmas and I’m really looking forward to a New Year where I hope to get my weight off and learn to live in maintenance. I know that I’ve been saying that at the end of most years and I will keep on saying it until it actually happens! ;) Here are the answers to the questions that I asked.

Questions to think about and answer when you are ready:

1. Do you have a plan of action on how to handle the remaining food events?
    Yes, I plan to enjoy myself but not use it as an excuse to eat off plan at every meal or have a ton of snacks. I will also keep up with my workouts. Also, I’m not drinking or overindulging on foods on New Year’s Eve because I want to go into the New Year ready to fight for what I want. So, we are having our New Year’s Eve a couple of days earlier with a fun date night.
    2. What will be your plan going into the New Year to get back on track or to stay on track? How will you make 2022 different than 2021 in regard to your weight, fitness, and overall health? Well, like I said above, I’m not quitting on myself to reach my goal weight and stay there. I plan to stick with Marty Kendall’s Data-Driven Fasting and have signed up for his Macro challenge. You can read about it here if you are curious. https://optimisingnutrition.com/ddmacros/
    3. Do you have an inspirational word or quote that you will have to help you stay focused in the New Year? I do have a word and it is Intentional. I want to be intentional with my weight loss, my workout life, and my relationships with my husband, friends, and family.
  • trooworld
    @bgame4 I love kitties!!! I just got a kitty sweater, I will post a pic of it from yesterday. Your kitties are gorgeous babies! LOL about the puzzle. ;)

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yeah, I'm thinking of being a little sassy next year lol. I hope you have fun with the kiddos. I know you are going to get there next year, you are so close! Intentional is a great word for 2022, I love it! <3

Hi all. Not much happening here. Yesterday, I did crafts most of the day and we ended up running around in the evening and stopping through the drive-through for dinner. My stomach is not happy about that. Seen here is a picture of me in my new cat sweater that I love. I got it on Amazon.

njdly0csjkej.jpg

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    giphy.gif

Our December Week Two Results are in! Click on the link below to check them out!

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

636bdywvut5r.png
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,812 Member
    @broncobuddee
    Krea4
    Mondays
    PW: 65.30kg
    CW: 66.30     146.2 lbs
  • trooworld
    @laurelfit57 @Vegan4lyfe2012 @Firefly743 Congrats on getting on the leaderboard!

Hello all. It was a super nice day here yesterday (sorry for those that are having bad weather!): sunny, high of nearly 70F. I took our pup and met a friend at a coffee house's patio. It was enjoyable and I was "in the moment" for a while instead of worrying about things. I had a zero-calorie iced blueberry herbal tea and it was delicious. Have a wonderful Monday!

3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

• Cornanda
    Happy Monday. And It's Christmas week! Very exciting!

@bgame4 - your cats are gorgeous and of course any pet pix are welcome! Thanks for sharing.

@trooworld - I love your cat sweater!

@TeresaW1020 @trooworld - I think you have good solid plans for next year. Kudos to you!

I'm working through some ideas for next year. I like to look at what went well and what didn't. I set a goal to lose 25 pounds in 2021 and I lost 10. I made a list of different fitness and diet things to research and try- didn't do much with that at all. Those are the things that didn't go as well as I had hoped. However, I've cleaned up a lot of bad habits- that is what DID go well. After Christmas I will pull out my journal and work through more details.

In 2022- I would like to do more strength training. I would like to continue to work on the remaining habits that I am not proud of. One of those is my relationship with alcohol. I think at times it becomes a crutch for me- I need a drink to relax. There are plenty of other ways to relax and it's time to explore the non caloric ones. My husband and I are planning a dry January, so that should be interesting.

As far as food events for the rest of the year..... I'm feeling that "what the hell" attitude creeping in. And I guess that since I wanted to let it in back around Thanksgiving and have staved it off this long.... well that's good, but I need to keep fighting. There will be dietary splurges on Christmas Eve and Day, and also on New Year's Eve. The rest of the time, I will make choices that align with my goals in order to make it into the new year without a huge gain. I've not planned out my exercise as I said I would last week and that's already hurting me, so I'm going to get that done today. I have also thrown out some food and hidden some food as I tend to want foods if I see them. Out of sight, out of mind works for me.

Last night, I did one of my VERY bad habits. I have almost tamed this one, but it got me last night. I couldn't sleep, so I got up and ate a crapload of food that is bad for me. Why? I don't know why I do this. Many times I can successfully tell myself to stay in bed and then I go back to sleep. I woke up this morning feeling yucky and ashamed of myself. I'm tired of feeling this way. It doesn't reflect who I am now- a person who cares about her health. If I could stamp out this habit for good in 2022, I would be ecstatic!

Lisa

• TeresaW1020
    @laurelfit57 @Vegan4lyfe2012 @Firefly743 Congrats on getting on being the top three Slimpossibles this week! Keep up the great work! :B

@trooworld Love that cat shirt!! <3 I’m glad that you had a chance to get out and have a nice time with your friend and the gorgeous weather.

@Cornanda I resonated so much with what you wrote and I applaud your honesty and self-reflection. I’m not sure how much I’ve lost so far this year, but I sure know it’s not what I had intended it to be. :| I’m all about strength training and love it. I need to work on doing more cardio, which I hate! Going dry for January might really help you stop what is probably just a habit. Then when you decide to drink it will be more of a treat than a crutch. But yeah, overdoing it with a crapload of junk will leave you feeling very yucky and ashamed. Forgive yourself and move on. We have 12 days left of this year, so enjoy it. <3

Hi Team! Well, hubby had his colonoscopy today and the doctor didn’t find anything to be concerned about. He did schedule a CT scan for next week for an area where he couldn’t get to because of an old appendectomy scar that hubby has. But we are very happy with this news and so far, it looks like we are only going to have to deal with the lung cancer and not cancer in the whole body. We were both wiped from spending so long at the doctor’s that we had Chic-Fil-A for dinner and now we plan to relax in front of the TV. The jewelry store called and my rings are ready for pick up. We will do that tomorrow and I am super excited!! :grin:
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    I know I am a few days behind, I will try to catch up :-)!

@Cornanda i’m so glad that your pup did well while you were away! It sounds like YOU did really well while you were away, it is so challenging eating more and exercising less. Good for you for having a plan up until Christmas!
    I am impressed that you could walk away from a bag of chips after they are opened, that doesn’t happen to me very often! Once that bag is open it seems to be my duty to finish it off! I cannot even believe that you have your garage door open at this time of year and can wrap Christmas presents in there, so jealous!!! Your Doggo is so cute! I could look at puppy pictures all day long!
    You and I, definitely have some of the same bad habits, although in the last few months I have just about teamed a couple of them. Late night eating, all food that is bad and feeling awful in the morning, that was a tough one for me! I have only done that once or twice in the last three months, it used to be much more often. I would also have three or four drinks before during and after supper if we were having a dinner party. I discovered that drinking made me eat more as well😩. The last three months I cut out alcohol, it was a bit of a challenge at first, but now it doesn’t seem to matter to me.

@trooworld it sounds like your foster puppy is turning into your permanent puppy really quick! What a lucky little pup♥️. Daisy is so cute, she looks so tiny! That face🥰 ! She looks like she has definitely found her happy place with you!
    Your new sweater is absolutely beautiful!

@GabiV125 your pup is too cute for words! Love the Half picture!!🤣

@davidji82 what a soulful little face your pup has♥️. So cute!

@TeresaW1020 so excited to hear the news about your husband‘s MRI!!
    It sounds like you are going to have a very fun evening! I would definitely be loving that bacon ranch cheese ball, it would make it very difficult for me to stay on track lol! I want to have your social life, you go to more dinners and parties than anybody I know, what a lucky lady! I really like your plan of action on handling the remaining food events! I love your plan for 2022 And that intentional is your word for the new year!
    Great news about the colonoscopy as well!! Please make sure to take a picture of your rings so we can see them! I think Chick-fil-A for dinner was definitely in order after the stressful time U2 have had.

@davors19 Super cute fur babies!

@bgame4 Beautiful cats!

Well it has been pretty busy and hectic around here. The roads have definitely improved, which has been so helpful! I have been getting over to the gym at least four days a week. I try to do spin classes three times and bungee fitness twice! They have this class, you put a body harness on, it is hooked up to a bungee cord. It just purely makes me happy, I laugh all the way through class. Most of the people are between 20 to 40 years old. Most of them can do a lot more than I can at 64. I am including a link that has a short YouTube video of the class. https://youtu.be/ikASFv90Uqs
    These people make it look much more graceful than I do it🤣.

I am just about ready for Christmas, I just can’t find a few presents that I put away, I have no idea where I put them!
  • trooworld
    @Cornanda Thank you! I love it too, it makes me so happy when I wear it! I wish I could look back over my year and remember what I did well and what I didn't but since I don't write things down very often, my record is spotty. I think one of my goals for next year is going to be to do more self-reflection. Congrats on cleaning up those bad habits! Good luck with the dry January. I'm also feeling the "what the hell" feeling creeping in. Especially with the stress going on right now, it's hard not to do that. Good idea to hide the tempting foods out of sight. "It doesn't reflect who I am now- a person who cares about her health" --- I love that you said this! Good self-reflection, Cornanda!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! Yeah, the weekend (both days) had gorgeous weather. It's supposed to rain later this week so we will make up for it. :P I'm glad the doctor is being so thorough with your hubby. Yay pick up those gorgeous rings!

@laurelfit57 She is! We are so in love with her. She is very tiny, only 13.8 lbs which is really small for a pug. Daisy seems really happy which is amazing considering what she's been through. <3 The bungee fitness class sounds really fun. I'm glad you are laughing during it. The video, it looks like great exercise too, besides being fun. That's the best kind of fitness class! LOL about the hidden presents! That sounds like something I would do. ;)

Hi all. Not much going on here. It is supposed to rain later this week, but for now, the sun shines all day and it's a bit cold. We had soup for dinner last night which really hit the spot on a cold night. Tonight, it's Asian chicken salad, which should be good. I am officially done with Christmas shopping, yay! Now to just relax a bit.

• Cornanda
    edited December 2021
    @laurelfit57 @vegan4lyfe2012 @Firefly743 --- Congrats on making it to the leader board!

@TeresaW1020 - I'm so thankful and happy for you every time you report another good test result for your husband! Honestly, I don't mind strength training- I just think I could put in a better effort. I need to find some more weights in the garage and develop a better plan. I'm tired of my "fa-doo-ba-das" (that flab that hangs off your tricep area after you turn 50). I may not be able to get rid of it, but more muscle should stop it from swinging around so much, I think? I've been doing step aerobics for my cardio. I suck at dancing, but the dance element keeps my mind busy while I'm doing it so I'm not constantly looking at how much time is left. Also, unless you do the crazy kinds of step, it is low impact. There is something out there somewhere that you will like. Can't wait to see your rings!

@laurelfit57 - Yes! drinking does make me eat more so it's a double whammy. Now let me tell you that I did NOT stop eating the chips, and it's one of the food items I threw out yesterday. I do have days where I can tell myself "I will not eat chips, they are not on my plan" and when my brain says "WANT CHIPS GIRL", I can remind it that I made that promise to myself. This is real progress for me! But this time, it did not work. Mostly I try to keep chips out of the house. You and I should keep each other informed about success with late night eating in the new year. I'm seriously interested in the bungee class! Hope you find those presents!

@TeresaW1020 @trooworld - I think I got pretty detailed with my notebook when we started Beck. I read an article yesterday about "therapeutic writing"- It was more directed at people who suffer traumatic events. The idea is that writing can help you organize those thoughts that swirl around in your head and don't make sense. That is definitely the case for me. I also like have some inspirations and goals in my notebook, along with NSV. When I get down about progress, I can go back to it and increase my motivation.

And that's another thing I've gotten better at- not beating myself up when I mess up. And that's been HUGE for me in terms of progress. Own it and move on. Do better.

@trooworld - wow your Pug is tiny. Not much bigger than my guy. I love the wrinkles on her head. I hope your BIL gets out of the hospital soon. I think you would like it if things settle down more.

Well, it has been raining the last two days, so I didn't get my walks in. I did work out today. Making cookies now- and tomorrow, so there's that. Eating lots of salads.

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020

@laurelfit57 Thank you for reminding me that I am indeed a very lucky lady and need to remember that. I had many, many years where there were no dinners or parties to go to. I watched a video the other day about those classes with the bungee cord and thought how much fun it would be to do that! I need to see if they have anything like that where I live. :grin:

@trooworld It’s the best feeling when you know you are all done with Christmas shopping and can just sit back and wait. What are you hoping to get this year? Other than a precious pug! :grin:

@Cornanda HaHa :D I am well aware of the "fa-doo-ba-das" and working my triceps is one of my main focuses when I use my weights. I really do like the idea of doing some therapeutic writing and adding in those NSVs. I have a very pretty journal just sitting in a drawer and I think you have inspired me to get it out. We are getting lots of rain here too and I’m sick of it! :/

Hi Team! Well, hubby took me downtown to pick up the rings and I am in love!! And just for you all, I did my best to try to get a decent pic of them, but it really doesn’t do them justice at all. :) Hubby got a call from the surgeon who he will see next week on the 27th and he wants to schedule the surgery for the 30th. I’m a little shocked that it’s all happening so fast and that we will be bringing in the new year with my Joe in a hospital bed. But we are also anxious to get it over and done with. I just need to figure out how to organize my life with work, church, home, and of course the dog! :#

yvt3mswpxv67.jpg
This discussion has been closed.