• Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    12/21: 9,554
    12/22: 10,201
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    edited December 2021
    @jessicakrall8 Hey, I would like to leave the challenge for now. How can I do this?

@princessdimplz

If you're taking a temporary break and want to still monitor the team, but not participate in the weigh-ins, you can move to the support team. This allows you to stay part of the team, not have to re-register and gives you a break from the scale. If you're plan is to leave permanently, I will just ask the MODS to remove you. If you choose this option, and wish to return at some point, you'll have to re-register and be assigned to a team (you can request a team if you choose). We'd love to have you stick around, if you just need a period of time for a break.

Let me know what you'd like. This time of year is rough for many of us, for many different reasons, so don't feel that you're alone.

In any case, I wish you a peace-filled, relaxing holiday and a wonderful New Year! The New Year will offer us all an exciting chance to re-center ourselves, make new plans...and enjoy "New Year/New You!"

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Sorry for my recent absence - the family has come down with Covid. Wishing you and your families a very merry Christmas!

@TheMrWobbly Bob, I'm praying for the health of you and your whole family. Please keep us posted and take care of yourselves!!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Hi Ya'll...I've had a pretty good day today...got my walking done earlier this morning, then watched a couple of Christmas movies I've been saving on the DVR. I set up a schedule since October and I've been taping them on four networks since then. Been watching one each evening and I still have about 50...I'll be watching holiday movies until Spring...not to mention the New Years ones will start soon (but not as many). I just love holiday movies...they're sweet, always have a happy ending and no violence or horrible language...yes, in short, I've turned into my grandparents! LOL I'm ok with that!

Read a little this afternoon and taught three virtual piano lessons. Tonight I am taking Miss Hazel (my fur baby) to the vet for her annual exam, shots and getting her nails trimmed. I have no problems doing the front ones once every couple of weeks, but those back ones...she doesn't like those touched, so when she goes in for her annual exam, I let them have that fun. In short, I'm gonna be on her poo poo list for a couple of days for sure! It's so cold outside...not looking forward to this little adventure. Getting her into her carrier will be fun enough for me...UGH! Hope to be back by 8pm and watching another holiday movie!

Trying to decide what to do for dinner...don't really want to cook that late, so I may pick something up. I'm not sure what I'll do. I've got some allergies bothering me today so I'm not really hungry...whatever...I just want this vet visit over. I hate putting her through all this.

Worked a little this afternoon on the next weekly challenge...I'll put it out on Saturday night. This one will get us ready for the new year...offer some tips and help us in planning for setting new goals, etc. I hope you like it. Watch for that announcement this weekend.

OK, well hope you're all having a festive day and relaxing in front of your trees...would love to see a picture of your fur children in front of your trees if you have one! That would make me smile.

Enjoy your evening!
    Jessica :blush:

w6o51wvctzwb.jpg
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Wtbarunner
    Wednesday
    PW 236.9
    CW 237
  • jessicakrall8

I’m okay with being moved to the support team.

I'll email the MODS now...give me an idea of your return plan (Jan?) Merry Christmas! We'll miss you!
    Jessica
  • princessdimplz
    princessdimplz Posts: 47 Member

I’m okay with being moved to the support team.

I'll email the MODS now...give me an idea of your return plan (Jan?) Merry Christmas! We'll miss you!
    Jessica

More like February or March. Merry Christmas 🎄 & Happy Holidays ❄️
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited December 2021
    @jessicakrall8
    Vet visits are never fun, though in my experience there are some things you can do to make the transport more comfortable. I used to have one of those simple plastic carriers. Functional, but nothing else positive to say about it. I always thought they were super small. So after a while I decided to upgrade to a transport box for dogs. Tinus can stand up in it, lay down, easily turn. It made a huge difference in his stress levels when I had to transport him. I also started using Feliway, but I think the size upgrade made a bigger difference. I now have the luxery of being able to walk to the vet, so I use a pet stroller. He really enjoys being in it.

f46bskc4ufo4.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,452 Member
    Steps for Thursday, 23 Dec: 11.924
    Happy Friday everyone <3
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Thank you, @jessicakrall8 I'm excited about hitting onederland in the next few weeks, although I'll have a few extra pounds to lose after the holiday festivities. Here are my two dogs, Albus Dumbledog and Scarlett O'Hairy. Love my fur babies!! okmp48n30aaf.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    @coblujay I love your far baby's pic!!! Creative names LOL!! They're just chilling on the stairs...I think they've got the right idea! I'm trying to talk myself into getting up and into the shower, but you know...it's a holiday...hope you and the fur babies have an awesome holiday!!
    Jess :blush:
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 341 Member
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 196.5
    CW 195.5

Still stressing with last minute holiday prep. I had a bout of vertigo this week and that slowed me down. We’ve had to postpone our Christmas to Sunday afternoon. My son (fully vaxxed and boosted) came down with Covid. Again. Since he had to isolate, he rescheduled his flight home to Sunday. Now I’m hearing reports of airlines canceling flights, so fingers crossed that he makes it home. My daughter was also exposed to Covid and showed symptoms but has tested negative. Now we’re thinking she may have had a breakthrough case of the flu. She gets tonsillitis a lot and I think she may have that as well. She’s driving home today and will check with a teledoc Sunday if she’s not feeling better.

Hoping to make some of my chili tonight before heading to church. But it’s definitely not chili weather; we’re expecting highs in the 80s today and tomorrow! Records even for Texas.

Hope everyone has a safe and merry Christmas!
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Chalmation
    Friday
    PW 143.2
    CW 142.2
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,044 Member
    frankwbrown
    Friday, December week 3
    PW: 227.2
    CW: 228.4 (-1.2 lbs; -0.52%)
    LTD: -0.6 lbs (101.6 lbs since 7/10/2020)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,044 Member
    frankwbrown
    Step goal: 10,000 daily
    12/19 Sun: 10,268
    12/20 Mon: 13,029
    12/21 Tue: 12,796
    12/22 Wed: 14,579
    12/23 Thu: 10,182
This discussion has been closed.