Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    I wish you all a great day! <3

k0q0vs67njjc.png
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Merry Christmas to those that celebrate! I hope your day is filled with laughter and love.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    trooworld wrote: »
    @GabiV125 I had never heard of the avalanche style of writing but I'll look it up. Thanks and have a nice Christmas if you celebrate! quote]

Hi Trooworld , it’s not a thing I just made it up to sum my style of timid start, gasping at the first sentence that I would never say out loud, to all barrels out on bad days. Maybe avalanche was not the best word because while it exposed some deeper fear roots ultimately responsible for a specific reaction, there’s no destruction nor burying under 😁.

I do celebrate Christmas, too. Fun fact my go to Christmas meal is stuffed cabbage and I got carried away yesterday and now we have 87 pieces- so come on over friends!

Merry Christmas everyone and lots of 🎁🎄❤️!

• Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 210.4
    CW: 211.6
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Dec 26th. Let's review the year and get some goals set for a tremendous and active 2022! Join me for a New Year/New You!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10851645/december-week-4-challenge-new-year-new-you#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 133 lbs
    CW: 132 lbs
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Merry Christmas!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Merry Christmas to my Slimpossible family! Love all of you! I keep in touch with a friend's son, she passed away about 10 years ago and I think he thinks of me as an older sister and he started telling me about his marriage issues which was totally uncomfortable so I drank a little too much chocolate liquor trying to counsel him. Last night was Christmas Eve at my parents with my brother's family then I came home this morning, we had quite the storm so I wanted to get home. I worked out, put on my PJ's and new slippers, and lay around with the cats all day in my peaceful home catching up with friends and family, it was perfect. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    How much weight can a person gain in one week? I was +5 yesterday but salt was definitely part of it. Things should be better going forward. @TeresaW1020 - I did have that frosted cookie for you. :)

Had a nice quiet holiday with just the 4 of us. Went overboard with the food I made, that's something I have to work on. Took a long walk with husband yesterday, then a second long walk with my daughter. Didn't beat my all time record, but got in over 23,000 steps!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @GabiV125 I think avalanche sounds like a good word, the words just spew out like an avalanche. I think it should become a thing! :) Oh my gosh, 87 pieces of stuffed cabbage! I love stuffed cabbage but have never made it because it seems so labor-intensive. I hope you had a great Christmas!

@bgame4 Congrats on the loss and Merry Christmas to you as well!

@Katmary71 Funny story about drinking too much and communicating: Christmas Eve, I drank too many Moscow Mules and I got on Facebook and told this couple that are acquaintances that I loved them lol. Luckily they responded back with the same but I was a bit mortified for a while. It sounds like you had a great Christmas, I'm glad!

@Cornanda A lot of that is probably water weight. I think a lot of us went overboard on the food. Great job with the walks!

Hi all. I hope you had a great Christmas. I had a Christmas lol. That's right, no adjective. Just a Christmas. Just another day. But I'm over it and on to looking forward to the new year ahead.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 467 Member
    Happy Boxing Day everyone! I always feel like I haven’t posted in two or three days, and start catching up and realize how long it’s been! So much going on with so many over the past while, I am sending much and many hugs and love to you all!
    I have not even climbed out of bed yet (it’s 8:45) this morning, I was determined to catch up on everyone’s news before beginning my day.
    I hope everyone had the Christmas they were hoping for, this can be such a tough time of year♥️.
    I am going to take some time later on today to reflect on the last year and set goals for the new year.
    Last week when I maintained, I was very surprised, this week when I gained 3.8 pounds I was not surprised at all🤣. Having weigh in day right after Christmas day is not good timing LOL.
    I will be posting later today, just wanted to say that I am thinking of everyone!
  • laurelfit57
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 141.4
    CW. 145.2
    +3.8
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    This week is Fat2Fit recruiting week! If you have any friends who might be interested in joining our team(s), now's the time. We can always use a few more to fight those statistics with us - keep going past the new year resolutions, keep losing weight, stop gaining it back afterwards.

Here is the link - share away! And if you are already a member, you do NOT need to sign up again.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10851675/registration-for-new-members-january-2022#latest
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited December 2021
    Date: 12/22
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: no
    under calories: no
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 6587
    Water: 96

Date: 12/23
    Steps : 4505

Date: 12/24 &. 12/25
    Steps : 8364 &5189

Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last weight: 151.8
    Todays Weight: 155.8
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited December 2021
    1604062462phph001aY.jpeg

December Week Three has concluded! Click on the link below to see how this week went for our group!

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did last week...

wftgsmo36u16.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hi Team! I’m doing a quick check-in. I see you are all doing well. Many of us ate and drank too much but that is OK. The holiday is over and now we can concentrate on the New Year and how we are going to make it the best one EVER!! I spent the last two days taking down all my Christmas and my house is looking fresh and clean and just what I need for the week that lies ahead. Tomorrow, I will do the church and go grocery shopping. I haven’t stepped on the scale in four days. :#:/
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Hi Team MS ...You have a new member coming to your team...Please welcome @adoglover :)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,047 Member
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 261
    C. W. 280

I cannot remember when I posted last but eating Christmas cookies all day is no good. Now that it's all behind me I'm studying on how to tackle this problem. I'm thinking of trying keto again with I. F..
  • adoglover
    adoglover Posts: 22 Member
    Hi Team MS ...You have a new member coming to your team...Please welcome @adoglover :)
    Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm excited for 2022 and making some lasting changes.
  • laurelfit57
    Welcome @adoglover! 2022 will be exciting for sure!
    @TeresaW1020 You have your hands full that’s for sure! I will sure be thinking of you in this upcoming week!!
    Reflecting over the last year, I am pleased with my progress, especially the last half of the year :-). I think I have figured out for me the key thing is keeping it extremely simple! I think trying to get involved in many challenges and more complicated ways of doing things, although it is very appealing to me, I get bogged down in all of it. My key for the last six months which seem to work was simple calories in calories out and checking in with this group. I also do a lot of meal prep, so I always have simple healthy meals ready to go in my freezer. Tracking my protein and trying to keep my protein at 140 g seems to be key, It keeps my hunger at bay and I have a good amount of energy (trying to eat enough early in the day!). The last thing that has become really important is getting exercise every day. Some days that might just mean getting out with Vannie for a really good brisk walk, but I definitely love going to the gym and doing spin classes and antigravity classes! I really need to get back into weight training! I’m starting to get saggy LOL
    Today was not a great day for eating, but I had already known it would not be. I had to have my traditional turkey with stuffing in a bun! It was delicious!! Now all of that food is gone from my fridge, sent home with everybody else, even the leftover delicious pies LOL!
    Back on track tomorrow I have two casseroles ready to bake and the turkey barley soup will hopefully be in the slow cooker tomorrow!
    Looking forward to a new start! Goals for the up coming year…10 lbs left to lose, would love to do that by the end of February! Then spend the last of 2022 learning how to just maintain a healthy lifestyle and weight. I don’t even know what that looks like, I think most of my adult life I have been in weight loss mode, or yo-yo mode!
This discussion has been closed.