How did you make it through Christmas without gaining ?

How did you make it through Christmas and the Holiday without gaining weight? See my blog for some tips if your interested. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mpkpbk2015

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,791 Member
    Pretty much normal eating all month plus a bit of extra exercise during this weekend.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    Ate just above normal calories by a little. Up a couple, but nothing to fear since most of it is water from all the extra sodium consumed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    I decided to be at maintenance for the holiday season so I had a few more calories to play with. For Christmas I had a reasonable dinner and just made as much as my spouse and I could eat. That way there wouldn't be a massive amount of leftovers. I expect to have gained a couple pounds in water weight but I also expect for it to leave pretty quickly, doing the math on my actual overage I couldn't have gained more than a few ounces in actual fat, if that. So basically I just enjoyed myself and didn't overdo it.
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    I indulged but I watched my portion size.
  • Cozgirl40
    Cozgirl40 Posts: 30 Member
    I gained .6lb. I did my normal exercise routine and my usual meals up to, and including Christmas eve. My son in law prepares Christmas dinner every year and each course is a plated portion (including dessert). No helping yourself to seconds lol. I enjoyed every bite.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,090 Member
    I ate an estimated 3000kcal on Christmas Eve, 2700kcal on Christmas and 2500 calories yesterday. Probably nearly 2000 calories over maintenance. I enjoyed everything, in relative moderation.
    My weigh-ins on the 25th, 26th and this morning were the opposite of what you'd expect:
    svby08qo6muk.jpg

Part of that drop will be from my period ending, but I'm guessing there's other water weight weirdness going on to explain it. In any case, not much indication that I gained any significant bodyfat.

Other times when I have a high calorie day, I will see an increase the day or days after, but that won't stick around if I get back to my regular eating and working out.
  • kjratliff55
    kjratliff55 Posts: 42 Member
    I have a daily Calorie Goal Which I adhere to.
    Yes, I may go a little over or under but I monitor and stay within 10% (weekly average).

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!