What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• Thewonderofitall
    Thewonderofitall Posts: 97 Member
    8qx5g0ttir8c.png

These things are so good! And they're a lot better for you then potato chips!

Get them at Costco.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Cabbage. I just can't stop eating it, it's an obsession. I add it fresh to all salads, I munch on whole leaves for snacks, I make shredded cabbage braised with mushrooms and tomato sauce almost weekly. I just can't stop. Christmas eve is near, it might nudge my mind away towards other foods, or so I hope because I'm sick of shredding cabbage every day.

@amusedmonkey Good to see I'm not the only one obsessed with cabbage! I went through a phase of eating it almost every other night for dinner for well over a year and did not tire of it at all! I like making it as a stir fry (no oil or anything) and just add different additions like lima beans, potatoes, soy curls, etc. Then I add vinegar and hot sauce to the bowl....instant smiles. :smiley:

I will match that obsession too! For me it's still the red/purple cabbage that reigns. A meal just isn't the same without the stuff!❤️💜
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Cabbage. I just can't stop eating it, it's an obsession. I add it fresh to all salads, I munch on whole leaves for snacks, I make shredded cabbage braised with mushrooms and tomato sauce almost weekly. I just can't stop. Christmas eve is near, it might nudge my mind away towards other foods, or so I hope because I'm sick of shredding cabbage every day.

@amusedmonkey Good to see I'm not the only one obsessed with cabbage! I went through a phase of eating it almost every other night for dinner for well over a year and did not tire of it at all! I like making it as a stir fry (no oil or anything) and just add different additions like lima beans, potatoes, soy curls, etc. Then I add vinegar and hot sauce to the bowl....instant smiles. :smiley:

Yeah, I Iove it sauteed too, and potatoes go really well with it. Today we're having cabbage rolls.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    edited December 2021

Yeah, I Iove it sauteed too, and potatoes go really well with it. Today we're having cabbage rolls.

My mind is in the wrong place.

I see “cabbage rolls” and immediately think, “you can make bread out of cabbage? I’m in!!!”.
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 132 Member
    Eatmeguiltfree brownies, and quest peanut butter cookies. I gotta stop my shenanigans 🤤🤤😭
  • aqua14lisa
    aqua14lisa Posts: 35 Member
    Hellmann's lemon Za'atar vinaigrette!! 50 calories per 15ml - the taste is equally amazing on romaine lettuce and chicken! Glad I was able to get a $1 off coupon for it too.
  • amusedmonkey

I see “cabbage rolls” and immediately think, “you can make bread out of cabbage? I’m in!!!”.

Not exactly bread, and not exactly rolls, but close enough and awesome all the same. Mom makes an amazing version of this:

u-a33d59d85c622da530c25a06c370dc44.JPG
  • springlering62

Not exactly bread, and not exactly rolls, but close enough and awesome all the same. Mom makes an amazing version of this:

It looks like deep fried cabbage stuffed dough puffs? Those look amazing. How are they seasoned? I’m hungry just looking at that pic.

My SIL is Russian. His grandmother made melt in your mouth spelt cookies for their wedding. I’d never had spelt before. She ain’t giving up that recipe. I tried.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited December 2021
    jdbg1g8d92jv.png

PLNT Peanut butter Chocolate bar-
    I love these!
  • amusedmonkey

It looks like deep fried cabbage stuffed dough puffs? Those look amazing. How are they seasoned? I’m hungry just looking at that pic.

My SIL is Russian. His grandmother made melt in your mouth spelt cookies for their wedding. I’d never had spelt before. She ain’t giving up that recipe. I tried.

They're pan fried with enough oil until golden then flipped (they're soft, not crunchy). I don't know what they're called in English (mom is Russian). I don't know exactly how she seasons it either, but I think it's salt, pepper, and some generic seasoning? All I know is she adds onions to the cabbage filling. She lightly caramelizes the onions then adds the cabbage to braise. Caramelized onions is all the seasoning I need.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    these are amazing and vegan!

76gvy5i87vgi.png
    7eh12zkmosai.png
    fj6d9wy0ig6o.png
  • springlering62
    See’s Chocolates.

Bought a box in San Diego last week. Managed to (mostly) just eat one or two a day.

Discovered yesterday there’s a pop up store right up the street. Discovered today it’s closed.

Dang!!!! I mean, Thank heavens.
  • AngWBald
    AngWBald Posts: 59 Member
    Cheesecake!! As long as there's no nuts on it. Funny thing is I hated it growing up. My mother would make it from scratch in one of those Spring-Form Pans. Honestly all I could taste was the lemon. I would only eat the graham cracker crust and leave the rest. Now, I can't buy it because I'm the only one who will eat it. If I buy it I will buy one serving so that I don't totally go off my calories. But it doesn't matter how good I've been or how strong my well power is, if I see cheese cake at one of those PIG OUTS, my husband calls cover dish dinners at church, I will keep going back and eating more and more till I'm sick to my stomach.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2021
    wwayib3pqu2e.png
    3 are only 170 cal. Been having 6 every night warmed up for 20 seconds. SO GOOD. No dairy too!
  • springlering62
    How about an unobsession?

We can’t find feta or blue cheese here. (Supply chain issues with a lot of dairy.) Hubs found some fat free feta at $5.freaking69 for an itty bitty tub.

“35 calories!!!” he gloated as he handed it to me.

Well dang. I think styrofoam packing peanut crumbles would have had more taste.

I’d rather have 35 worth of real feta than a whole serving of that vast dairy disappointment.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member

We can’t find feta or blue cheese here. (Supply chain issues with a lot of dairy.) Hubs found some fat free feta at $5.freaking69 for an itty bitty tub.

I’d rather have 35 worth of real feta than a whole serving of that vast dairy disappointment.

LOL this sounds like a whole other thread. :)

Hmmmm not obsessed, I don't think, but more like I can't not go a day without having it?

I like half a coco lite kinda styrofoamy, rice cakeish delivery system topped with a tablespoon of whipped cream cheese and about 18g of a low sodium turkey slice. I'd go for a full one but those coco lite styrofoamy, rice cakeish things ain't cheap! :)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

Hmmmm not obsessed, I don't think, but more like I can't not go a day without having it?

I like half a coco lite kinda styrofoamy, rice cakeish delivery system topped with a tablespoon of whipped cream cheese and about 18g of a low sodium turkey slice. I'd go for a full one but those coco lite styrofoamy, rice cakeish things ain't cheap! :)

how much are they where you get them? - I see Walmart sells them for $3?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »

how much are they where you get them? - I see Walmart sells them for $3?

That's where I get them! But I have to start thinking about my food casualties when I'm out of a job and that, unfortunately, is going to be one of them.

I really like them. They melt in your mouth. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    follow your heart vegan feta...sooooo good
    and the vegan ranch dressing omg it's like crack!! I could drink it!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    follow your heart vegan feta...sooooo good
    and the vegan ranch dressing omg it's like crack!! I could drink it!

The parmesaun is relentles! I love the smoked gouda too 😋