What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    We had a junky dinner tonight. Clean the pantry salad using up stale bread for croutons, the last of the prosciutto languishing at the bottom of the fridge, some leftover cherry tomato salad, and some old candied nuts that needed crisping and got a little burnt in the process. Followed by some homemade Vietnamese spring rolls brushed with oil, cooked in the air fryer and dipped into PB2 based satay sauce.
    dafyta1ja9vk.jpeg
    4q8hgea8e81c.jpg

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited December 2021
    Gluten free penne w/meat sauce (topped with pecorino w/truffle) and garlic bread. The penne was made from zucchini, lentil and pea flours. The penne has an awful texture and not a flavor I particularly liked but the meat sauce overpowered it, thankfully. The bread was a gluten free baguette. Meat sauce was wild boar, lots of fresh sage & rosemary, tomato paste, red wine and onions. It was quite savory which is what I like. While I try to do gluten free my partner doesn't so he had pappardelle instead. He thought the gluten free baguette was fine with the butter/garlic that we used. It's the same brand (Against the Grain) as the gluten free roll I had a few days ago. First time he's ever had any.

vwo0ps9aehcp.jpeg

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 432 Member
    cpagyuv2xhce.jpeg
    One good thing about this staycation is cooking in my own (well-stocked) kitchen. Moms friend tested positive for COVID a few days before Christmas so mom and I cancelled our plans.
  • acpgee
    Leftovers management. We had rich mash, sauerkraut and salt beef left over from the St Patrick's day dinner we had at Christmas. Put that with the open packet of feta cheese lying in the fridge into pierogi's that were brushed with butter and air fried. Sides of roast radishes and blackened hispi cabbage as well as yoghurt and caramelized onion to dot on the pierogi's. The tortilla press for rolling and the food processor for kneading make easy work of pierogi's if you also have a dishwasher.
    o5svc16yfgxu.jpeg
  • makinlifehappen
    makinlifehappen Posts: 110 Member
    k0omlqn8c1ov.jpg
    3-4 eggs this time hard boiled, with sea salt and crushed red peppers.
    Mixed salad, half avocado, lemon juice and balsamic vinaigrette for dressing.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,522 Member
    Dinner: Venison meatloaf cups, Yukon gold garlic mashed potatoes, garden peas and a cauliflower garlic bread stick (a new frozen food find - it could've used more garlic).
    3gahakgnesfi.jpg
  • acpgee
    Managing leftovers. We had some turkish peppers leftover from our dinner party two nights ago so pan fried them as a side to go with spaghetti aglio olio enriched with finely slivered leftover salt beef we had leftover from Xmas.
    ioex3hrk27pa.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Moroccan Chickpea Soup with a serving of Doritos.

Best way for me to use up the snacky stuff I bought for guests over Christmas is to incorporate them into my meals. Doritos are something I prefer not to have in the house because I can’t be trusted! 😂 This way I know I’ll be accountable as the big batch of soup *needs* the Dorito accompaniment, which will prevent indiscriminate munching. Mind Games! 🤷‍♀️

h2ibv7ahmwsv.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Moroccan Chickpea Soup with a serving of Doritos.

Best way for me to use up the snacky stuff I bought for guests over Christmas is to incorporate them into my meals. Doritos are something I prefer not to have in the house because I can’t be trusted! 😂 This way I know I’ll be accountable as the big batch of soup *needs* the Dorito accompaniment, which will prevent indiscriminate munching. Mind Games! 🤷‍♀️

You can make a fat free version of tortilla chips in the microwave. Remove once they start to brown a little as the margin of error between browning and burning is small. Don't fret if they are not crisp when you remove them from the microwave. They turn brittle as they cool.
    https://www.cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/6544-microwave-tostadas
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 432 Member
    w2tj0c7zo2wn.jpeg
    For lunch this week! It’s actually a chicken tikka masala recipe I found online years ago, but I eat mostly vegetarian these days so used chickpeas instead.
  • acpgee
    Some microwave tostadas I made with stale leftover corn tortillas to dip into store bought guacamole.
    2a4pvdeudlvf.jpeg