"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,452 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    Workout: pushing a shopping cart around the grocery store to feed a family with 4 teens
    Today was supposed to be the day I begin working out at the military base gym, but over the weekend I developed a nagging cough, and figured a couple extra days at home would be a good call, rather than have coworkers staring at me every time I coughed

Tonight's meal: pan-seared pork chops with BBQ sauce and oven-baked potatoes

Fantasy football update: going into MNF I'm up 30, he has RB Alvin Kamara left, so I should be good but by no means is it a guarantee. It would've been guaranteed if I hadn't gotten cute with my QB decision. I'd been riding the arms/legs of Josh Allen all year, but this week I allowed myself to convince myself that with Allen facing a stout New England defense, and Matt Stafford facing a porous Minnesota defense, I would be better off with Stafford. Of course, Allen goes off for 37 points compared to Stafford's 9, so if I end up losing this week, I'll have only myself to blame...
    Josh Allen had been choking a little the last couple of weeks and division opponents always are tough and sometimes low scoring. But the Bills have owned that Pats the last 2 years so, I probably would have stuck with Allen. Hope you win though.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    The entire New Orleans team laid an egg, so I skated through to the championship round. I have already amended my starting lineup to include Allen in the title round. I'll be going against a divisional rival, we've faced each other twice this year (split series 1-1), and early scoring estimates have me an early 14-pt favorite, possibly better Darren Waller ever suits up again.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Left overs from party for dinner. Feels good to be back to controlled eating again. Won't have to worry about New Year's because my family isn't holding a party this year. FFL, well I'm in the "finals" for the consolidation prize of 7th overall. Facing an opponent I beat by 5 points the last time I faced them, however much of his team was on bye, but not this time.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Busy day today. Lots of client reschedules and fill ins.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Steak and vegetables last night. Ugh a disappointing night as a Dubs fan. After I just went to bed.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Still a crazy schedule and kbox class this morning.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express last night. Using up the gift card a member gave to me as an Xmas appreciation. This year I gathered about $500 dollars in gift cards or cash and that doesn't count for the numerous chocolates and cake. Good thing I am good at keep that at bay. Reached Rd 3 goal already so just have to maintain or lose more for Rd 4.
  • nossmf
    edited December 2021
    Workout update: Thanks to a cold I picked up over this past weekend, I was asked to stay home this week by my boss to prevent spreading anything, instead working from home. Good part is I get to skip about 3 hours of daily commute; bad part is, since my gym membership is frozen and my work gym is, you guessed it, at work, I'm going another week without working out. My cough and other symptoms are almost all gone, so I should be good to resume going to work next week to start the new year. Will have to remember to knock off about 10% of the weight after this two-week layoff from lifting.

Observations: An observation I made which falls under the category of "Duh!" had to do with my water consumption. At work, the presence of so many computers means the air conditioning is tailored towards keeping the place cool and dry. Consequently we need to drink water, and lots of it, just to be able to keep talking comfortably. I have a 1.5 liter water bottle I keep at my office, make it a point to drink all of it each day at work. At home I have fallen into the habit of not drinking water each day (or more accurately, never developed the habit TO drink water like I did at the office). For a day or two over a weekend it's fine, but over this extended break away from the office I started to note headaches, general feeling of blah, until one night I drank a large cup of water just because I wasn't in the mood for milk or something else. Within an hour I was feeling right again, and slapped myself upside the head. Since then I've been drinking water as I should, and other than this cold I've been right as rain.

Tonight's meal: chicken fajitas
  • ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »
    Workout update: Thanks to a cold I picked up over this past weekend, I was asked to stay home this week by my boss to prevent spreading anything, instead working from home. Good part is I get to skip about 3 hours of daily commute; bad part is, since my gym membership is frozen and my work gym is, you guessed it, at work, I'm going another week without working out. My cough and other symptoms are almost all gone, so I should be good to resume going to work next week to start the new year. Will have to remember to knock off about 10% of the weight after this two-week layoff from lifting.

Observations: An observation I made which falls under the category of "Duh!" had to do with my water consumption. At work, the presence of so many computers means the air conditioning is tailored towards keeping the place cool and dry. Consequently we need to drink water, and lots of it, just to be able to keep talking comfortably. I have a 1.5 liter water bottle I keep at my office, make it a point to drink all of it each day at work. At home I have fallen into the habit of not drinking water each day (or more accurately, never developed the habit TO drink water like I did at the office). For a day or two over a weekend it's fine, but over this extended break away from the office I started to note headaches, general feeling of blah, until one night I drank a large cup of water just because I wasn't in the mood for milk or something else. Within an hour I was feeling right again, and slapped myself upside the head. Since then I've been drinking water as I should, and other than this cold I've been right as rain.

Tonight's meal: chicken fajitas
    So funny how when at home we tend to NOT do the things we should. I don't workout at home the same way as the gym.

• ninerbuff
    edited December 2021
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! New Year's eve and I've got a crazy schedule today! See how many clients bag out this evening even though we close at 6pm!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express last night. Up a little this morning, but I have till the 5th to make Rd 3. Shouldn't be any issue to lose a pound.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend and Happy New Year!! Time for new goals and new aspirations!!! I'm on track right now to hit some goals I set in 2021 and will set more for 2022! Grocery shop and mow the lawn today cause of all the rain. Also laundry and clean.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Flanken short ribs and broccoli for dinner. I stayed on track with calories and am back at Rd 3 goal and working towards Rd 4.

• nossmf
    Fantasy football update: My WR's carried me through the entire year, average almost 60 pts/gm as a group. Today they combined for less than half that, and my team fell in the title game as a result. No more FF this year, and Denver losing badly also killed our IRL shot at the playoffs, so looks like my reasons to cheer have just about run their course this season.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. Well here we go. This weekend wasn't too heavy, but I fully expect today as the first day to deal with resolutioners and all the different workouts I have to do with clients to compensate for lack of equipment or machines.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Korean barbecue for dinner. I had Udon with beef and shared a few other items. I won the "consoldation" bracket and took 7th overall in my league. Of course if I would have made the playoffs, I would have been in 2nd based on my scoring. Ugh. Well FFL is over, but the 9ers are still in the hunt. Big game this week against our nemesis the Rams. Oh and Warriors still on a roll! Holding steady on weight to complete Rd 3 of my Dietbet as well.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. SO CROWDED yesterday. Luckily I didn't have to wait long at anything I did for my clients. I think subconsciously I trained them on equipment that most people don't use at the beginning of the week. My kbox class last night was crowded too.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Left overs from dinner yesterday. I weighed in this morning for my Dietbet Rd3 and surpassed my goal by .5lbs. Good thing I was a pound under goal last week cause the sodium yesterday could have totally offset my weigh-in. With FFL over, now I'm concentrating on just the 49ers winning and the Warriors (who won yesterday) winning. Bay Area rules!!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule today with some new add ins as well. Busy, busy, busy.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Steak and vegetables last night. With Rd 3 under my belt now, working on trying to reach Rd 5 so I can easily make Rd 4.

• nossmf
    edited January 2022
    Tuesday workout (yesterday): push day
    Bench press 5x5
    Incline DB press 3x10
    Decline cable fly 3x10
    Shoulder DB Triset - front/side/rear delt raises 3x10
    Cable pushdown 3x10

Tuesday dinner: Taco Tuesday

Wednesday workout (today): pull day
    Pullups 3 sets
    High machine row 3x10
    Cable row 5x5
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher curl 3x10

Wednesday dinner: spicy peanut chicken and rice

Workout review: Man, it feels great to work out again after almost three weeks away from the iron! Hit the gym yesterday after work, and today before work. No DOMS, though it's possibly too early for it to hit, we'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow. Didn't even need to lower the weight yesterday during my push workout, though I did today for my pull day. Not sure if my body simply recovered during my break, or if the lower elevation came into play (my home gym is at 6800 feet, the base gym is at 5200... wish I could see how much my cardio improves, but mandatory mask wear even in the cardio room is keeping me away), but I had fully expected a significant drop off in performance which never materialized. Still have leg day coming up on Friday. I also weighed myself, and after three weeks of inactivity and holiday sweets I'm only up 1.5 pounds from this time last month, easily reversible with a return to routine.

Base gym review: While I already miss the convenience of my home gym being all of a quarter mile from my house, I think I'll be alright with however long I need to utilize the base gym.

Weight room: A. Eight bench press stations, including three which can shift from incline to flat to decline without ever leaving the station; five squat racks and three separate deadlift mats; two full cable stations; DB's which go up to 100#. Beside a couple minor machines my home gym has which this one doesn't, it's fully equipped for my needs.

Locker room: B-. Very cramped on account of lockers being half as wide as I'm accustomed to, more like my old high school lockers. But the room is clean and well-lit, and there's plenty of lockers to allow people to spread out.

Showers: B. Tiny little shower space, curtain which barely crosses the entryway, pathetic water pressure, universal shampoo/soap, provide your own towel. But it's clean, and the water is HOT to the point of me actually having to adjust the temp down, which felt great.

Snacks: F. I forgot my protein shake at home when I hit the road at 0530 this morning, and the base gym doesn't sell protein shakes. What it does have is a vending machine with a choice of three products, all for $3 for a shake with only 26g protein. That'll learn me.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Busy schedule today along with kbox class.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express last night. Had to write to them because they close at 9pm and I was there at 8pm and they had very little to choose from. No cooked vegetables and I asked if they could make some and they said no. WTF you close in an hour and you don't have enough food? Anyway, that's the first time I experienced it because it's the first time I've gone after 8pm. Let's see the response from the company. Onto Rd 4 of Dietbet after clinching Rd 3.
  • nossmf
    Workout: Leg Day

Squat 4x20
    Leg Press 5x5
    Calf Raise 3x20
    Hamstring Curl 3x10

Workout Analysis: My muscles worked just fine, but my knee started to act out. Not badly enough to limit my range of motion, nor particularly painful, more of a "hey, buddy, down here, pay attention to me" kind of sensation. Reminded me I've neglected to take my joint supplements this week when I wake up. Second observation was amazement at the leg press station, which included 100# plates the same diameter as 45#'ers but twice as thick. Boy, if that doesn't help hone your focus when loading plates to make sure you don't drop one on your foot! Third observation came from the hamstring curl station. I've used ones where you sit with legs stuck out and then bend, and one where you lie down and bend, always working both legs together, but this was the first time I've used one where you stand on one foot, brace your working leg knee against a pad and curl while standing. Very humbling how little weight I could use, believe you me.

Tonight's meal: Breakfast for dinner...French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Gym still busy and having to utilize all equipment for clients due to having to wait.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Italian sausage and salad. Long day for me and another long day today as well.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Doing my regular weekend work with cleaning, grocery shopping and laundry, but get to watch NFL today and tomorrow, so good. Also the return of KLAY THOMPSON to the Dubs seems to point on Sunday!!!! So excited!!!!

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Panda Express last night. I've been a little lazy with cooking the last couple of days. Time to get back on track.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. What a great weekend! 49ers won and made the playoffs, Klay returns and the DUBS win, and the Raiders (not a Raider fan but happy for their fans) finalize making the playoffs as well. Good day for Bay Area fans.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Robber's Roost pizza from Mountain Mike's. I ate 5 pieces............ and still lost a little weight. That's when you know everything was great this weekend!
  • nossmf
    Workout: Push Day

Bench press 5x5
    Incline DB press 3x10
    Decline cable fly 3x10
    Shoulder DB Triset - front raise, lateral raise, rear lateral raise - 3x10
    Cable pushdown 3x10

Workout analysis: Felt really good on the bench, wanted to raise the weight and go really heavy, but I was the only person in the room and without a spotter figured safety first. Over the weekend I resumed taking my joint supplements, and today my knee felt back to normal, well before my scheduled leg day on Thursday.

Tonight's meal: Lasagna, Texas Toast, salad (no dressing). Stupid me slept in, so I ran out the door without making lunch, figuring I'd just buy something. So of course I left my wallet on my dresser, and get to go through today eating nothing but my post-workout protein shake until I get home tonight for dinner. Wouldn't mind it so much on a non-training day, but I get extra hungry on days I lift. Thinking I'll spring for a larger-than-normal dessert tonight to compensate.

Weekend observation: Worked both days this weekend, didn't get to see any NFL action, which stinks. The good news is I'll have next weekend off, so get to watch round one of the playoffs. Bad news is, as a Broncos fan, I have to see our arch-rivals Raiders playing in the first round. Guess I'm a Bengals fan, at least this week while they knock Vegas out on their ears.