Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Hello everyone. Annie, 55, Brit living in the US for the last 30 years. Hit my goal in July, maintained it until October. A bout of Covid and a couple of other factors have led to a tumble down a slippery slope and I need to put the brakes on. Having this group to keep me accountable and motivated worked last time, so looking forward to joining in again next month :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,903 Member
    Another member heading your way ... Please welcome @xrj22 :)
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    Hello, I am JR, Single 50-something woman with 30 lbs to loose. I was here briefly a year ago, but it didn't "take", and I am coming back with a clearer plan and more resolve for the new year. I went on a quite successful diet and lifestyle change early in 2020. I lost 25 lbs and brought my cholesterol down from 246 to 160. But then didn't follow through. Covid, and a bunch of other stuff in my life were factors. My weight and cholesterol are almost back to what they were before covid. Now that the rest of my life has normalized (mostly), I am ready to re-commit to my health. With the new year, I am going back to eating vegan, and re-starting exercise. A freak now-storm here has not helped, but I did a 30 minute HIIT video two days in a row, so that's something.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 135.0
    CW: 134.0
    We had dinner with friends Friday night and one there was sniffing…and I must say I’m not fond of this cough at night time.
    This week’s loss was all cough, none because of my effort or discipline. Tomato, tomah-to, right?
  • 3duffs
    3duffs Posts: 7 Member
    Hello all! My name is Stephanie. I’m 48 years young, wife and mother of one son and 3 fur babies, 2 cats and a very energetic boxer! I’ve struggled with my weight for most of my adult life as it’s yo-yo’d up and down for years. My son is 20years old and just moved into his own apartment, so it’s time for me to focus on myself. I have 60lbs to lose and I am ready to make the lifestyle changes to get there. I am looking forward to this group and challenge to keep me accountable and on track! 🙂
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    @FushiaKat sounds like a wonderful relaxed day!

@Katmary71 many people smile at Vannie in stores and want to pet her. She must sit and not jump up to be petted, sometimes that is a real challenge for her LOLLOL. Wow! It sounds like you have been busy and having fun. I have never heard of ear tipping before, I had to look it up. I honestly didn’t even notice that on Jasper until you mentioned it, he is super sweet!

@fatfifties welcome and huge congratulations to you for losing 42 pounds already!!

@trooworld your appetizer sound delicious! Amazon shopping, there is nothing like it!🤣

@Cornanda so glad your symptoms are remaining mild! Loss of appetite is a bonus for sure lol.

@TeresaW1020 Poor Maggie Mae, I know my brothers dog used to be so afraid of thunderstorms. I will definitely be thinking of you and your husband as you prepare for his surgery on Monday♥️.

@roz0810 welcome back! Good for you on the weight loss!!

@gwamajtw91 good for you for getting right back on it! I am only 10 pounds away from goal weight, I can’t even imagine what it is like to be in maintenance! I hope that if I fall off, I will have the good sense to do what you are doing!

@xrj22 Welcome! It sounds like you have really clear goals, 2022 is the year to make those are reality!

@GabiV125 A loss is a loss! I hope you feel better soon!

@3duffs welcome! And it is much easier to make a lifestyle change, when we can actually concentrate on ourselves! Good for you!

It was a good day today. I did spin class first thing this morning, I did not set my Fitbit right (I usually have it set on my ankle to catch all the steps and set to spin for exercise). For some reason it was just set on walking, it only counted about 2/3 of my steps and the calorie count was about 150 down from what it normally is. I find it extremely motivating to have my Fitbit tracking that work out😊.
    The deep freeze continues here, it is supposed to be up to -10° on the weekend for two days! Never thought I would be so excited about that, but that means we can actually walk outside for two days!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    tfjfomelexw5.png

The January Habit Tracker is ready! Everything you need to know is here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10852143/january-2022-fat2fit-habit-tracker#latest

Add this to your toolkit and put your planning into practice from day one.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    I'm really tired today. I got lots of sleep, but that's just how it is sometimes. Mr. Snicket was sleeping between my legs and gave me a huge cramp in my problem right knee, I had to get out of bed at 3am for a bit. I love Taco Salad Day because I get to eat 2 bags of 100 calorie kettle corn, popcorn. Every night for dessert I budget to have 1 yogurt and 1 bag of 100 calorie popcorn and a big glass of fizzy water.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    Weekly weigh in

Username. Jactop
    Weigh in day: Monday
    CW. 194.2
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 173.9
    CW: 173

• davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all and welcome to all the new members.

davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:208.1
    CW:209.4
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 183.4
    CW: 186.7
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @Cornanda Are you feeling better than you have been? My husband just came down with a sudden intense "cold" and we suspect he's positive but we can't get him an appointment to test until Sunday! Enjoy the steaks. Yum! Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW1020 They are super good and easy to make, make them! LOL I'm so glad to hear your back likes the new mattress. :) I did order something I'm in love with: a blanket hoodie lol. It's extra large and comes down to my knees and is super warm. Now I can stop complaining about being cold lol. Poor Maggie Mae! Yeah, someone was shooting guns last night and it scared little Daisy. I'm sure it will happen again tonight. :(

@roz0810 Nice to see you here, welcome back! Congrats on your progress so far.

@gwamajtw91 Hi Annie, welcome back! Glad you are here.

@xrj22 Welcome back, glad you re-joined the group! What great progress with your cholesterol.

@GabiV125 Well, congrats on the loss and I hope your sickness is not the 'Rona.

@3duffs Welcome! I have about 60-70 lbs to lose myself. Good luck on your journey!

@laurelfit57 Thanks, it should be good! Yes, I do love me some Amazon shopping lol. That sucks about your Fitbit! Enjoy the "warm" weather lol.

@FushiaKat That sounds like a good dessert. I love that you budget for it!

@davors19 Congrats on the loss!

Welcome again to all of the new faces. I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,070 Member
    edited December 2021
    @Katmary71 Hi my friend...need your expertise...I know you frequently use YouTube workouts...can you recommend a good Zumba YouTube video for a friend on my team? Please email me the link jakrall@cox.net. Thanks! And Happy New Year!!
    Jessica :smile:
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    Question: are we supposed to come up with a phrase for the year?
  • TeresaW1020
    FushiaKat wrote: »
    Question: are we supposed to come up with a phrase for the year?

No, you have to come up with a word or phrase, but many people like to and find it helps to keep them mindful of their goals throughout the year. I hope you will choose to and share it with us. :)
  • TeresaW1020
    Hi Team and happy New Year’s Eve! :) It’s going to be a quiet weekend here and I’m working on my goals for 2022. I hope that you will take some time to sit and write out your health & fitness goals for this coming year. As I reflect on my 2021 journey, I see that that the road has been up and down with many twists and turns along the way. Some weeks I’ve kicked butt and other week’s I’ve face-planted in the dirt. I know that I’m not alone in the highs and lows of weight loss or you wouldn’t be here on the Slimpossibles team with me. ;)

Tomorrow we walk headlong into a New Year! Let's do it with determination and resolve to NEVER give up on ourselves, to stay accountable to one another, and to believe in our ability to overcome any obstacle. We are Mission Slimpossibles and NOTHING is impossible for us!! B)

xz6qlz3cgj7q.jpg

• shawetan
    shawetan Posts: 72 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I am in for the next year and this is my first time. Today I made up my mind and wrote all short term goals which will boost my confidence once I reach there. We all will try to keep each other motivated and boost their confidence. Here we come 2022.
This discussion has been closed.