Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 209 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 200.4
    CW: 202.6

I overindulged more than I thought over the holidays.
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    KHill875
    Friday weight
    PW: 145.1
    CW: 144.8

Finally stopped the upwards trend.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    t0ukf4zzfhlj.jpg

Welcome to our newest members:

@Fattleass
    @seeless25

Great time to get motivated and you're starting off with a great group of people. I hope you'll find the support and care that I've found here. Take a moment and introduce yourself, either in this chat or on the new January thread which starts on Sunday, Jan 2nd. Let me know what I can do to help you both and get ready for our New Year group challenge which will start on Jan 2nd as well. Last week we started working on goals, reviewing 2021 and looking forward to what we want to accomplish in 2022.

I hope the New Year brings you joy, health and success in your journey!

Again, welcome!!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    @bearchested We've all been guilty of that...and now the work begins for 2022! I've gotta learn to stop buying cookies...SMH

@KHill875 Now you're setting the example of how it's done!! Great loss this week!

Any New Years plans? I'll be watching the ball fall on tv tonight, but I rarely do anything on New Years...hope you have a nice evening!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    vtzi6eyxnoio.jpg

This little guy's adorable...so let's hear about your New Year's plans today...CHIME IN!!!

Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2021
    igz4epajt7fi.jpg

Now accepting Step Team Challenge members for the month of January...send me your first name, daily step goal and your favorite place to walk currently and that's it! The Step Team Challenge chart is located on the same spreadsheet as the weigh-in chart, just scroll down and you'll find it. I'm hoping to see many of us pushing our walking to new limits for the month. Join me, won't you?!!

Jessica

l8a29eudveon.png
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    @jessicakrall8 good luck with your transition away from music teacher. It really is a special relationship, I’ve appreciated the music teachers in my life so much over the years.
    I will weigh in today instead of tomorrow
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 232.5
    CW 236.0
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    Does anyone know of a good YouTube Zumba type work out? I miss my Zumba class but will not be joining the commercial gym again. We set up a home gym when Covid started and I much prefer lifting weights without an audience.
  • Dec 31, 2021
    Justanotherloser007
    PW: 175.4
    CW: 172.4

I tried to go on maintenance for December, but I lost 6 lbs total. I think between picking up on my daily walk, and having only a week of maintenance - it sort of all worked to the loss. I plan on being at Church to give thanks for the old year, and the new year! Happy New Year all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,044 Member
    frankwbrown
    Friday, December week 4
    PW: 228.4
    CW: 229.8 (-1.4 lbs; -0.59%)

Step goal: 10,000 daily
    12/26: Sun: 14,572
    12/27: Mon: 13,123
    12/28: Tue: 13,634
    12/29: Wed: 10,286
    12/30: Thu: 15,519
  • Marni3369
    Marni3369 Posts: 54 Member
    Marni3369

PW: 236.4
    CW: 236.6

• Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Chalmation
    Friday
    PW 142.2
    CW 142.4

Gaaah!!! This is just a wobble but its my first gain of the month.

Cindy
    Daily step goal: 8,000
    I like to walk at the ball park down the street and indoors with Leslie Sansone.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2021
    fzgmc73r9090.jpg

Missing the following weigh-ins this week (incl today):
    @suziieq56 (2x)
    @Be_theBest_Me (2x)
    @mulecanter
    @jennifersusanmcdougall
    @leni1us
    @cre804
    @Yukie_OP

Please report in...thanks! Walkers, send in your steps please...check the chart and fill in the gaps! Thanks all!
    Jessica
  • Daily step goal 10,000

Dec 25: 14,386
    Dec 26: 15,350
    Dec 27: 15,985
    Dec 28: 14,589
    Dec 29: 11,825
    Dec 30: 14,971
    Dec 31: 16,724

Here is a funny picture I took from the day after Christmas, I call it "Rage quit Christmas puzzle" it looks like someone threw it from their backyard lols...
    hywrta6ffh3f.jpg
  • Thank you for sharing @Marni3369 ((((hugs))))
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    @Marnie3369 thank you for your honesty, I read till the end.Wish you every success for 2022 you deserve to feel happy in your own skin.Whatever size you are,you are beautiful & worthy.
    Happy New Year ♥️
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited January 2022
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 195.3
    CW: 195.3

A little disappointed with myself that I didn't do better this month. I do have the food ordering under control again and I am mostly free from side-effects from quitting my meds. So I am very excited to see what 2022 will bring. I wish all of you a very happy and healthy New Year and thank you for making this group such a lovely place to share struggles and successes. <3

Steps for Thursday 30 December: 11.581
    Steps for Friday 31 December: 12.791
    I would like to join the step challenge again for January with a goal of 12.000 a day, thank you!

@jessicakrall8
    Thank you very much for your compliment about my home. To be honest, 80% of the stuff is probably for my cat Tinus with some bits and pieces of decoration thrown in. I don't really own a lot of things, but the things I do have make me really happy. I think that is more important than making it look all matching and pretty. :smile: The birds are stickers on the outside. They help to make sure that no real birds fly into the window since I have another big one on the opposite side of the house which to them may seem like they can fly through. The stickers prevent that from happening, so it wasn't really a decorative choice, though I personally also think it looks fun.

It is already January the 1st here. I am not a big fan of fireworks (that's an understatement), so I always just go to bed, get woken up by the noise and fall asleep again when things have calmed down. It is my first New Year in this town and house, but it was fairly quiet. It could also be because there was actually a firework ban, though I think it will be okay here normally as well. It is supposed to stay dry today for a change, so I will see if I can go for a walk.

I did my monthly body meassuring as well this morning. Weight wise, I am down 3.3 pounds (goal is 4.4 a month). But I did lose 3 cm from my chest, 3 from my belly and 4 from my hips. So those numbers are still pretty good to me!
    Happy Saturday everyone <3
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    @jessicakrall8 as I said, I’d like to rejoin the weight loss squad for January! You can put me down as a Saturday weigher, with a starting weight of 237.4 lbs. I’m not sure what my all-time high was postpartum, but 250lbs would be close enough if you’re still recording all time highs.

It’s a gorgeous sunny day today, and we’re going for a walk soon. I’ve been thinking about my goals for January, but they’re not really resolutions despite happening on Jan 1st. They’re more of a continuation of being cleared for exercise, the christening and Christmas and covid just got in the way.

My overall goal is a healthier lifestyle and major weight loss (60-ish lbs), but on January I will work on the following to get there:
    1) I will phase out my night pumping snack. If it’s not possible to leave it out altogether yet, I’ll at least work on switching from a full breakfast sandwich to fruits, berries or cherry tomatoes. Yes, I’ve become a hobbit, eating a first and second and possibly third breakfast every day with my pumping sessions.
    2) I will do something intentional to improve my fitness every day. I have to be realistic about having a 2-month-old, so anything counts. I’m really hoping my weekly baby&mama pilates class doesn’t get canceled due to lockdown rules and the gym reopens, and I plan on going on walks and doing some YouTube yoga videos at home, but even a five-minute stretching session or just doing my physical therapy exercises counts if that’s all I can do that day.
    3) I will do at least one ”extra” home improvement or cleaning task on top of my routine chores every day. I function better in a clean home but am really bad at keeping it tidy and clean, this is something I need to improve. If my home is a mess, I tend to just slump on the couch and feel down instead of staying active and happy. Today I plan on cleaning our nightstands.

I’ll report back every day on my fitness action and home improvement action of the day :)
This discussion has been closed.