Women 200lb+, Let's Be Dynamic This December!!!

14567810»

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,645 Member
    @roz0810 and @justanotherloser007 Thank you for the input on the Renpho scale. I had spent so much time on my own trying to compare various brands that I was getting dizzy. When 2 of you had a good experience with one brand, I made my decision. My new Renpho Body Fat scale should be arriving next Tuesday!
    @goal06082021 Thank you, too! I have a calipers and scale, but I thought a fancy scale would be more fun. LOL! I have trouble with them because never really figured the calipers out and am never sure if I put the tape on the same place or pulled it tighter or...so many things. I guess my main hope is that they will be consistent, not completely accurate, but I would be able to watch the numbers go down and feel like I'm making progress through working out even though the weight might not change as much.

I love this group <3
  • tahitig
    tahitig Posts: 31 Member
    So many examples of grit, resilience, and optimism here -- you guys are awesome !

Thank you all for your encouragement and advice as I began the journey toward an important weight loss goal this month.

SW: 215
    December goal: 111
    Revised December goal: 207
    Final December weigh-in: 205 !

You always lose weight more quickly in the beginning --so now I'll try to be happy with a 1/2 lb loss per week, but I'm looking forward to seeing what January brings.

Good luck to all, and Happy 2022 !
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Looking forward to getting back on track in the new year. My plans for the new year are to get stricter with my logging and participating here; to reach Onderland; and hopefully get a promotion at work. My sister and my friend have been very sick with Covid for 3 weeks now and it’s going around my department at work. I’m hoping this gets better in the new year!! 🙂
  • jazzadesigns
    Sorry for all of the posts, but I thought I may get an answer from this group. I noticed that I haven’t really been going on MFP since they changed around the whole community section. I liked it the old way much better. I could see how many new posts each thread had and if someone mentioned me in a post. Also now none of the old posts have dates on them other than December 2021 so it was harder to find my last post to copy it.

I also noticed that my Fitbit hasn’t synced to my diary since 12/11/21. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks in advance for any answers!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 514 Member
    Sorry for all of the posts, but I thought I may get an answer from this group. I noticed that I haven’t really been going on MFP since they changed around the whole community section. I liked it the old way much better. I could see how many new posts each thread had and if someone mentioned me in a post. Also now none of the old posts have dates on them other than December 2021 so it was harder to find my last post to copy it.

I also noticed that my Fitbit hasn’t synced to my diary since 12/11/21. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks in advance for any answers!

Hi, you need to resync your Fitbit, when they updated the site, it got deleted a couple of times but it's working again now.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,645 Member
    Also now none of the old posts have dates on them other than December 2021 so it was harder to find my last post to copy it.

@jazzadesigns In answer to the partial quote above: I just discovered how to see the date and time of post. If you're on a computer, hover your mouse over the month and it will bring up a box with that information.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    It’s really sad how you can gain so much faster than lose.
    I agree with you on this, it is really sad. The second I don't track and weigh, my weight creeps back up. I know my maintenance will be absolutely brutal! I will have to track and weigh, maybe forever. I see myself everyday and my attitude is always "more than I should have". I know how much food I have planned to eat in calories, and how much it needs to weigh. I need 30g of nuts, so I will always weigh out 32g. Every single time! I am like this with EVERYTHING! If I didn't measure it and weigh it, I easily double the portions (by eyeballing it) every single time - I don't just go a gram or two over, I double it. This gets me into so much trouble. Tracking has been a true rod for me, but it is really sad how when you aren't cautious it is just ... so many calories. *sigh*
  • jazzadesigns
    @FushiaKat @goal06082021 @nebslp

Thanks for your answers!!🙂
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    💜Hey, ladies! The new group is posted in the Motivation and Support Forum. Sorry it's a bit late in the day, but hope to see you there!💜

⭐Women 200lb+, Let's Start Strong This January!!!⭐
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    I can't find the January group-i don't see a separate motivation and support tag. Help.
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    edited January 2022
    finngirl61 wrote: »
    I can't find the January group-i don't see a separate motivation and support tag. Help.

If you open the Community tab on the main menu and then scroll down about 11 topics, you'll see Motivation and Support.

There might be an easier way, but this new setup isn't super user friendly. If anyone knows an easier/better way, please share.

• sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    December Challenge Weigh In Day

Age 44
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 220.2
    GW for December 213
    UGW 145

12/1: 218.8
    12/8: 218.8
    12/15: NA - No Scale week
    12/22: 218.6
    12/31: 219
    Total month loss:+0.4

Monthly goals:
    Hitting water goal -8 cups a day
    Gym 3x during the week
  • tc122573
    tc122573 Posts: 6 Member

Hi, you need to resync your Fitbit, when they updated the site, it got deleted a couple of times but it's working again now.[/quote]

Thanks for this! I didn't realize my Fitbit was not longer sync'd. :)
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Height: 5'
    SW: 266.6 (1/4/21)
    SW November: 233.5
    SW for December: 234.7
    GW for December: 229
    GW for October 2022 because that's my focus: 165

12/3: 233.5
    12/10: 233
    12/17: 235.8
    12/24: 234.5
    12/31: 233.5

Well, I maintained. Good enough for December. On to the new year!