Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Welcome aboard shadowlady25, you definately sound like you've got a game plan. I'll be glad to hear of your progress in the coming year.
  • makinlifehappen
    makinlifehappen Posts: 110 Member
    @MrsHermit Thanks. I had made it to just under 240 the day before Christmas.
    Now I am fasting to deplete the carbs that need to go. Back at it again
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Hey all! I'm back and with a tiny bit more weight to lose ugh December! I started my weight loss journey again on boxing day. I didn't want to wait till new year.

Happy new year to all!
  • ladycopnh1
    What matters is that your back. I just have 3 days to get the last remaining things out of my system (cravings). January 1st is my day to start a new beginning. My treadmill has been fixed 3xs in the last month. I'm gonna have to try it out again today just to make sure it works this time. Ther's nothing more discouraging than building up your attitude to get back on the treadmill ( yes, you all know what I'm talking about), you get it going, get into your zone and have the treadmill stop dead. That's happened 3xs. Talk about getting a complex, when even the exercise equipment don't want anything to do with you.
  • ladycopnh1
    Today is the last day for 2021, Thank God. Next year has got to be better (in so many ways).
    Tonight, is a good time to purge the frig, the cupboards, your secret hiding places.... come on you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's time to take the clothes off the exercise equipment dig in the closet, find the scale or go out today and get one, you're going to need it cuz this is a challenge!! Not just a well maybe.

Are you with me ????
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    edited December 2021
    @ShadowyLady25 You can do it! Don't give up! Try small, specific changes. Look at patterns in your behavior and see if you can find "triggers" for bad behaviors and change them (do you eat when you're in between tasks? Try having tea instead.). Then look and see where you can add good habits, like reading a book before bed, setting a timer on the computer, doing five minutes of an exercise video, etc.

I'm so grateful that God provided a place for us to move to. Now there's the prep and there's so so so much to do before we move to raw land. The task list is tremendous.

@ladycopnh1 does packing count as purging? One day at a time! I'm still trying to fit in healthy choices in my day too. This week I started some IF, just not eating for longer (which seems to finally get my body to take the hint). I got a cold and overate a few days, but the IF days seemed to help which was good.

Happy new year to all!
  • ladycopnh1
    January 1st, 2022.
    Are you still peeking in to see what it's all about or are you with us.
    I want to take off at the least 60pds this years. I am aiming to be under 200pds by Dec. 31st.
    I AM taking this challenge seriously ( or it wouldn't be a challenge ). So I am aiming for 81pds.
    The HARDEST part of all is stepping on the scale on Jan. 1st. accepting the fact and digging
    your heels in. Take it as starting a new job. You're out to do the best you can. For me, it's taking a hike in the White Mountains. Today my backpack is full ( 260pds ) and by the end of this year, it's gonna weigh a heck of a lot less, and I'm gonna feel a lot lighter to be able to move around.

Well, I'm starting out at the trailhead (even though it's raining today).
    I'm excited.

Starting Weight: 260
    Jan. 04:
    Jan. 11:
    Jan. 18:
    Jan. 25:

Total January loss:

Feb. 01:
    Feb. 08:
    Feb. 15:
    Feb. 22:

Total February loss:

Mar. 01:
    Mar. 08:
    Mar. 15:
    Mar. 22:
    Mar. 29:

Total March loss:
  • ladycopnh1
    Today went awesome. Wishing my best for the rest of you.
  • roz0810
    @ladycopnh1 I'm with you!! I'm weighing in at 263.8 January 1st! I want to aim for 1.5-2lbs loss each week. Looking forward to taking this journey with you ❤️💙
  • I'm refocusing on weight loss. My thyroid levels are normal, so that shouldn't get in the way the way it has for the last year. I'm going to have the remaining half taken out in a couple weeks, so that will pause the workout/loss schedule for about a week, but otherwise I want to just put my head down and dig in!
  • MrsHermit
    edited January 2022
    @ladycopnh1 The hike goal sounds great! A goal you enjoy throughout the year (gradually increasing hikes) - very nice!

Hello everyone!

About me:
    5'6" tall
    Highest weight: 262.2 lbs
    Goal weight: 149 lbs (healthy BMI)
    Current weight: 243.6 lbs

2022 goals
    Lose 2 lbs per week (at least 1 lb) - eat later in day, calorie limit, exercise in the morning
    Get to Onderland by the end of the year
    Make it in the new place - don't need to move again, functional and able to build a life
    Stick to small habits, goals, routine no matter the interruptions or lifestyle changes (do not set aside - it helps!)
    Devotional time in the morning
    Exercise in the morning even a little, helps
    Dishes before bed
    Crafts and music after dinner
    Device-free activities in the evening
  • roz0810
    So everyone. I now have 101lbs to lose. It's going to take a lot of time, consistency and motivation but I know i can do this!! One day at a time. My goal for end of March (12 weeks) is to drop 24lbs! Let's go!
  • ladycopnh1
    It's going well for me so far. Cross your fingers.
    About me:
    5'2" tall
    Highest weight: 260 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs (healthy BMI)
    Current weight: 257 lbs

Starting Weight: 260
    Jan. 04: -3
    Jan. 11:
    Jan. 18:
    Jan. 25:
  • roz0810
    1/3 - 266
    1/4 - 264.6
    1/5 - 262.8
    1/6 - 262.6

So I know this is water weight but I'll take it! I've also started exercising yeay for me. I play FitXR on my virtual reality headset. It's a HIIT workout, boxing and dance workout game. I'm loving it and it has a calorie counter in it too for my height and weight. I've also got a hello fresh delivery on Sunday. 5 recipes for 2 people. It was 50% off too. Looking forward to cooking more too.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 588 Member
    Hello All!

About me:
    Male, 49
    Highest weight: 260
    Goal weight: 200
    Starting weight: 255
    Weight in day: Thursday

Goals
    Lose 1 lbs per week for 52 weeks. That way in December I will be close to my goal weight.
    Cut back on sugar, watch my portion sizes (my biggest issue), watch my Carb intake.
    Exercise 4 days a week at the Gym

1/06: 254
    1/13:
    1/20
    1/27

Total January loss: - 1 lb
  • MrsHermit
    I think I have caught the thing, so trying to get over that. DH is further along than I am, getting better. Thankfully I have a few days to catch up on tasks once I get better. Yesterday I didn't really track (went way over calories), just focused on eating a large variety of food/veggies/fruits.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Sorry I've not been in the group in awhile. I'm down 26 lbs since surgury,26 overall inch. My closes are definitely fitting different. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and new year.
  • I'm retaining ALL the water, but I know that this too will pass. So I'm drinking a lot and waiting for the twenty bathroom trips when my body decides to let go of it.
  • SFFirebird
    SFFirebird Posts: 21 Member
    hi . just thought i'd post to say that i am rooting everyone on. :D i just have to cut back on my sugar and portions. :|
  • luannedonnell
    luannedonnell Posts: 1 Member
    Is this group still going?