10# Challenge Redeaux

Al_Howard
Al_Howard Posts: 7,852 Member
Anyone up for another 10# Challenge, starting 1/1/2022 and on until 4/1/2022?
Same as always, check in on start date, and weekly on Saturday, with your losses. You can list your weights, if you want, or not. Just need the downs, and probably ups for the week.
I'm hoping for a 10# below goal final, which might, or might not be a 10# loss, but the competition helps.
Those of us attending WW meetings can either use their last weigh-in, and following, weights, or your at home ones. Your choice.

Replies

• crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited December 2021
    Not sure I’m up for a challenge approach, Al. I’ve settled into a target of 2# per month, which is giving me a nice mix of flexibility and progress. As long as that’s working, I hate to disrupt it.

As an alternative, I'd set a target of 6 pounds against your 10, and maybe we can both be winners.
  • Al_Howard
    crewahl wrote: »
    Not sure I’m up for a challenge approach, Al. I’ve settled into a target of 2# per month, which is giving me a nice mix of flexibility and progress. As long as that’s working, I hate to disrupt it.

As an alternative, I'd set a target of 6 pounds against your 10, and maybe we can both be winners.

Whatever works for you. Anyone can tailor it to their own needs.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,231 Member
    Helloooooooo GOAD!

Yes for me on the 10 Pound Challenge. You beat me to it, Al!

• cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,804 Member
    I am in!
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,925 Member
    edited December 2021
    I'm all in! I got a call from my Cardiologist Christmas Eve saying he was giving me an early Christmas present. My last echo on Wednesday week before Christmas week has my EF factor from 35-40 which is very low to 55-60 which is normal. This was after having a new biventricular 3 lead pacemaker installed on 9/10/21. In feeling much better. 🏃
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,928 Member
    I'm in! Taking 10 pounds off would get me a couple of pounds below my personal target, so that would give me a little buffer!
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,157 Member
    I will sign up.
  • Al_Howard
    Here we go! I'm planning to use my "official WW" number every week, so 220.2#
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,751 Member
    I’ll use my daily number as of the post, which is 199.4.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Checking in! Love this idea! Thanks for swinging by FB with the invite Al. I'm in, weighed this a.m., and am not sharing my number 🤦🏼‍♀️.

So many regrets but they don't help, so, putting that aside and moving forward. I would really like to reach goal this year and work maintenance. But wishing and hoping aren't getting me there, so I committed to making progress with baby steps.

This week, track, stay w/in DPs, and do arm exercises. I'd planned a short walk each day to start too, but I'm sick, and this is what I can handle, so onward.

We got this!
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,925 Member
    I'll be using my WI for this morning.
  • whathapnd
    I weighed in on Sunday. It was about where I expected but still an ugly number.

I'm toying with the idea of not doing weekly weigh-ins for awhile - - perhaps during the entire challenge. I've done this before but not had a good plan around an end-date. It was really useful short-term. Doing this helps me focus on my BEHAVIORS versus RESULTS. After all these years, the scale can still p$$! me off or make me too happy. I know that if I track my food and move more, the results will come . . . in time. Right now, I'm not sure I want the scale interfering with that knowledge.
  • Al_Howard
    whathapnd wrote: »
    I weighed in on Sunday. It was about where I expected but still an ugly number.

I'm toying with the idea of not doing weekly weigh-ins for awhile - - perhaps during the entire challenge. I've done this before but not had a good plan around an end-date. It was really useful short-term. Doing this helps me focus on my BEHAVIORS versus RESULTS. After all these years, the scale can still p$$! me off or make me too happy. I know that if I track my food and move more, the results will come . . . in time. Right now, I'm not sure I want the scale interfering with that knowledge.

Emmie, do whatever is going to WORK for YOU!
  • whathapnd
    Thanks Al! I should have clarified. I plan to be in the Challenge, I just may not know weekly scale progress. However, I WILL report weekly "behavioral" progress.
  • whathapnd
    Well . . . I busted out my official WW "weigh-in outfit" and made my way to a studio today to get an official starting weight for this challenge. I'm not going to follow the "new" WW plan or even put the app back on my phone, but I am going to use the studio for my weigh-ins. I'm thinking I'll weigh-in every 4-6 weeks for this challenge.

At least that's my current thinking.

• Al_Howard
    As I said, I did math on Wednesday (because of the icy conditions). As I'm a daily weigher I looked up the last time I was that "at home" number, and then looked up what I weighed at WW, and Voila! saw I was down 1.6#.
  • Al_Howard
    Gee... I figured we'd have more participation than this. :(
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,157 Member
    -3 lbs
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,804 Member
    Down 1.6 for last week
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,928 Member
    Al_Howard wrote: »
    Gee... I figured we'd have more participation than this. :(

I guess I wasn't sure how this would look...are we checking in daily? Weekly? Here or on the weigh-in thread?

I'm participating.

My 12/31/2021 weight was 137.6, and that's what I'm using as my start weight. I like to report my weight on Fridays, so on 1/7/2002 I was 137.4: a whopping 0.2 pound loss! Go me!

But seriously, I've got a plan and I've been sticking to it so far. I've limited alcohol to the weekend, and have "allowed" myself air-popped popcorn with a bit of butter-flavored Pam and salt as my weekday evening snack (no alcohol). So far so good. While I haven't really started showing a significant loss on the scale, it seems that it often takes a couple of weeks (or more) for the losses to start showing up. If the scale doesn't start moving soon, I may have to make some adjustments.