FOR GUYS - Muscular Women, are they sexy?

Replies

• sexiness is subjective.

I would say a muscular lean women can very attractive but some have crossed the line....but if they still have curves (a ala serena williams) they can still be sexy to me.

I have rarely seen women that are overly muscular outside of bodybuilding shows -- and I do not find that look attractive.

Most of my friends find "buff" women unattractive.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    I agree with JeffRodgers1. Kara is great.

Though not big at all, there is a women in my Friday A.M. yoga class. She's nice, pretty consistent in yoga,
    reasonably flexible, and her build is just rippled. Again, not big at all. She's just ripped. It is great.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Admirable? Yes.

Sexy? No.
  • I confess that, if I have a physical preference, I'm more inclined to be attracted to tall, bigger boned women. I have no problem with six-foot women who are either muscular or just bigger boned. Being taller myself, my experience is that I have had better sexual relations with women I can see "eye to eye" with. Any way, it's just a tendency, I try not to discriminate. But hey, everyone has preferences. :)

Also, taller, big boned women are far more attractive than what is put out as the "ideal" woman, i.e, the tall anorexic model who is all skin-and-bones.

Society has gotten fatter and fatter, and things like diabetes and obesity have risen to near epidemic levels. Ånd yet, we have very skewed perception of "ideal". But these models aren't marketed to men--it seems they're geared towards women.

I've always wondered what women think when they read the fashion ads in women's magazines. Is that look really an ideal????
  • bobdawg65
    bobdawg65 Posts: 17 Member
    Yes, they are sexy! That being said, so are the ones with a little more softness to them.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    I would have to say yes, as long as we're not talking like Ronnie Coleman / Jay Cutler muscular....that **** would be freaky.
  • Here's a question: Do you guys think muscular women are sexy?

It really boils down like this.

We've all seen them, the women at the gym with arms better defined than most movie action stars and just the sports bra on so you can see their chiseled abs. For some reason they're always wearing train conductor hats too, but I digress.

I know when I'm at the gym, being a man, I take a look at them. (By the way, ladies, men HAVE to look at you in the gym. It's not something we can help. We're genetically engineered to visually react to movement because of that whole 'hunter' thing. Sorry.) I just don't know if I find them all that sexually attractive or not.

Thoughts?

I'd like this qualified a little. I mean, I don't think that many people find this sexy on a woman:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25374291@N03/4523755273/

this is also not somthing I personally would strive for:

http://www.ironmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Isabell_sample2.jpg

but I've seen some really beautifully strong women.

OMG! The second pic was just scary... I mean... her boobs are like drooping off her huge pecs!

I think looking athletic and fit is sexy but once you start getting to body builder competition looking, its just too much...
  • vizamy
    vizamy Posts: 60 Member
    I don't find that kind of extreme "sexy" in either men OR women. But fit and strong and healthy ... that's different. (Although I'm a woman I can appreciate either gender.)
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    Yes that are as long as they dont go too far and start looking like men. My wife is getting muscular and I love it, I tell her just to not get carried away with it. Its not sexy anymore whwn you start looking like a man.Just look at women like Angela Bassett, Jillian Michaels, Chalene Johnson, and countless others
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Not at all. IMO women should look petite and slender, not mscular at all
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Not generally. Whoever mentioned the hip:waist ratio is on the right track.

Look at Cameron Diaz. Back around the time of The Mask, she was curvy and smoking. Now she's thin and rectangular. NOT an improvement, IMO.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    As long as the woman still looks feminine, I really think it's attractive.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    I like my muscle (on both genders) to look like it does something beside glisten in oil under stage lights.

Soccer, rock climbing, pull a fire truck with your teeth, pole vault, back flips, one handed push ups for charity. I want to be with/hang out with someone who does stuff with their muscles, has an active lifestyle, not someone you only ever see at the gym.
  • nope

• I think anyone, male and female, looks horrifying when they get "bodybuilder" big. Like the advertisement of that guy that pops up, noting "want muscles"? Is that supposed to make you want to click on that site? The guy looks like a Martian who was dropped into some secret "Comic book vat" that transformed into a super villain.

In contrast, while male and female swimmers may look different in terms of the way the muscles fall on them---perhaps the men are more "Cut" and what not, but both look fine and athletic to me.

• I guess this set of pics best displays examples of my question, and I DO find these women sexy.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    I also find the women in both group one and two of the pics I posted sexy. But I posted the results from the guys I'd asked. :) I purposefully looked for pics that I thought both best demonstrated the sorta muscle tone I was inquiring about and were also just generally attractive women as well to keep it from being a straight no cuz they looked like guys. That took a LOT of searching for the third group. lol

I personally strive to be part of group one (still a ways away) but wouldn't mind being on the edge towards group two. But I don't think I have the dedication to the gym hours it would take to edge towards that group.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Not at all. IMO women should look petite and slender, not mscular at all

That is ridiculous....You shouldn't say SHOULD look. There is no way me as a 5'11 1/2'' Female WILL look Petite. I genetically am unable. So you are saying there is no way i can ever be attractive? Sometimes I don't think men think before they talk...
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    One of my exes had smaller muscles than me, but he was only an inch taller and a distance runner. He thought at first that I was curvier than I was and didn't realize that my arms and legs were mainly muscle, lol. It freaked him out at very first when he realized, but then it's not like I run around flexing, so no biggie.

I'd hate to have to date only tall, big guys because of that! I don't mind short men at all, but yeah, they'd better like some meat on a girl. Or they'd better start (or continue) some serious lifting themselves to make sure they are more muscular.