Women 200lb+, Let's Start Strong This January!!!

๐ŸŽ‰Hello, ladies, and Happy New Year! We've made it to 2022!!!๐ŸŽ‰

โญ This is our year! We're going into 2022 with commitment, focus, and the support of all the women in this group who have our backs!

โญIt's a brand new year, so the slate is wiped clean and we are starting fresh! Any mistakes or setbacks are in the past and we're looking forward from here on out.

โญPlease share your goals for this month and/or your resolutions for the whole year. Big or small, please share any and all of your plans and hopes for 2022.

๐ŸŒŸ If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

๐ŸŒŸ In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

๐ŸŒŸ All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

๐ŸŒŸ Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

โญ Let's have a strong start to the New Year!!!โญ
ยซ13456714

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Thank you @RavenStCloud for keeping this group going!

Height: 5'3"
    Original SW: 252.8, 11/13/2020 (ATH 260-something, circa 2009)
    2022 SW: 197.6, 1/1/2022
    1/1: 197.6
    1/8:
    1/15:
    1/22:
    1/29:
    January Goal: 192
    2022 Goal: 147

I lost 50 lbs on the nose last year (started at 247.4 1/1/2021, finished at 197.4 12/31/2021), and I'm pretty confident I can do that again, especially having y'all here for support and encouragement! Once I hit Onederland I started weighing daily, and I think I'm going to continue doing that - I'll just report the numbers from Saturday here.

For the first quarter of 2022, I'm ramping up my daily activity. I'm going to start working out first thing in the morning again (took a brief break from that to get some extra zzz's over my Christmas vacation), as well as going for short ~30-40 minute walks in the evening. Morning workouts will alternate between cardio (C25k) and strength (randomly generated, excited to see how the system I built works).

I'm changing my approach to meal-prepping dinners - rather than having a rotation of 6 like my lunch menus and prepping weekly, I've picked three things that I want to make sure I have at least 2 servings of in the freezer at all times (Cincinnati chili, enchiladas, and meatloaf), and cook dinner fresh more often during the week. I'm thinking of incorporating some instant-pot/slow-cooker freezer meals, like where you put all the ingredients in a big ziploc bag and freeze, then when you want to cook it, you just empty the bag into the IP/slow cooker - that's something I could either do in the morning before work, or ask him to do when he gets home since his day usually ends well before mine. He's a smart guy, I'm sure he can handle "dump this bag into the instant pot and press the following buttons." Recipes are welcome! No restrictions - meat and dairy are OK, no preferences wrt macros.
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Thanks @RavenStCloud for another month!

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 290.6 (4/19/2021)
    SW: 287.4 (7/16/2021)
    CW: 232.2 (1/1/2022)

GW for January: 225
    GW for 2022: 170
    UGW: 170

1/1: 232.2
    1/8:
    1/15:
    1/22:
    1/29:

Goals for January:
    - Meet protein goal at least 3x weekly
    - Meet fiber goal at least 3x weekly
    - Eat out no more than 1x per week
    - Get minimum of 6000 steps daily
    - Drink minimum of 8 glasses water daily

Goals for 2022:
    - Incorporate weight training and work on improving my muscle definition
    - Reach my goal weight and move into maintenance
    - Plan for and make self care a priority at least quarterly (massages, mani/pedi, etc)

• MacKenzieLeeCan
    MacKenzieLeeCan Posts: 7 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm new to MFP, so I hope I'm doing this right!

SW: 218 (Jan 1st)
    GW: 170

I'm not sure which day each week I will weigh in (to be honest).

Weight loss goals are simple:
    1. Mindful Eating (eat less and foods better for me - no more snacking)
    2. Move more!
    3. Log my food intake everyday into MFP

Thank you for having me!
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @RavenStCloud thanks for starting the new thread!

@justanotherloser007 I just saw your message on the December thread. I think Iโ€™ll possibly have to log for the rest of my life too. You are an inspiration with all the weight you lost over the holidays!

Iโ€™m so looking forward to reaching Onederland sometime in 2022! I hope we all crush our goals!
  • drj63
    drj63 Posts: 59 Member
    edited January 2022
    Welcome @McKenzieLeeCanada !!!
  • JoFaulkner1
    JoFaulkner1 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey, I have at least 90lbs to go....ideally about 110.
    2021 was a very busy year for me so I never gave dieting a consideration.

I've not really tried for about 3 years if I'm honest but I am ready to change.

Is everyone just following calories deficiency?

What's people's motivation
  • JoFaulkner1
    JoFaulkner1 Posts: 5 Member
    Friend requests welcome