WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2022

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, 142.4, readings, osteo back, yoga, BP, dogs to powerline, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO., mfp50+.
    Bonus: one load laundry, 30 mins vacuuming, beach stroll with T, Italian almond cookie dough
    Workin on it: H20 x 5,
    Happier January 2022
    2:Make time Sunday to do something kind for yourself. Manicure ;}:

Changed weigh-in day to Saturday, will include in accountability. Tweaking spreadsheet, chain links.

Debbie speckled lima beans, do you have a pic?

It was a brilliant, blue sky, low tide walk on the beach day. Not even any wind, so it didn’t feel as cold as it was. Glad we seized the chance. Rain forecast for as far out as the weather app goes.

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    dwf3qrn2tj9u.gif

octriakryn9v.png

The seed catalog calls them Christmas Lima beans- dad always just called them speckled Lima's.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Dealing with second day of sub zero temps. It is so bright and sunny out you think it will be warm.SURPRISE!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,125 Member
    Debbie - Gorgeous Limas. <3 I feel hungry just looking at them!

I consider myself very fit for my age. 72. I do around 2.15 or more hours per day exercising.
    However, running round on our back yard, throwing snowballs at the grandchildren, on Christmas Eve, really got me out of breath! I was surprised. We are not as young as we were! However, I am fitter now than I was at 40! :D

Just do as much as you can. It's always more than you think. But it builds up really fast. The first step is the most important thing. <3 Then keep on keeping on. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Temp was finally above freezing yesterday and some snow melted. Today it is pouring rain and the temp is 37* so lots of snow disappearing especially from the trees. There was no church this morning due to ice on roads and in the parking lot.

I got my flu shot and Covid booster on Friday. Yesterday I had a sore throat, today I have sore throat and headache. Hope this will be the extent of it. Wanted it done because DD and I are traveling to San Diego in February.

Allie - happy birthday to your son.

KJ - glad you had a nice time away.

Love the speckled lima beans.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    Machka-thanks for explaining your name- LOVE it!!! Dh's dad was 100% Yugo(his mom is 100% Okinawan).
    All of our cats, with the exception of the latest two arrivals who belonged to son's girlfriend, all have Japanese names- one is Neko- which is Japanese for cat. If we had gone the other way, most likely one might be Machka ;)

Have to go with his two nationalities- no idea what "blend" I am- grandpa always said we were Heinz 57
    Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,389 Member
    edited January 2022
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, 142.4, readings, osteo back, yoga, BP, dogs to powerline, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO., mfp50+.
    Bonus: one load laundry, 30 mins vacuuming, beach stroll with T, Italian almond cookie dough
    Workin on it: H20 x 5,
    Happier January 2022
    2:Make time Sunday to do something kind for yourself. Manicure ;}:

Changed weigh-in day to Saturday, will include in accountability. Tweaking spreadsheet, chain links.

Thanks Machka! Yeah, finding joy in waiting, what a challenge, but hope does spring up from unexpected places.
    Ginny Bravissima for staying smoke free. UTI with staph sounds scary. :0
    Welcome m@fizzfizz Paula in Oxford. Barbie and Heather remind us often, not to let the “perfect” be the enemy of the good.
    Alexandra Nyx is beautiful!
    Beth “…perseverance that is cheerful, endures with hope, and with patient continuance.” Brilliant choice.
    Welcome @annham in On! You’ll find motivation, tips, wisdom, encouragement and friendly humor here in this thread.
    Kylia happy for your Miata. We had a convertible Miata for a couple of years and had tons of fun with it. It would be a pain for me to get in and out from now… ;} :love: that your family pic includes your ex and his wife ;)
    Heather back spasms? Oh NO! Between the cold, and the frustration and the sooty mess, yikes. Hope the spasms eased right away. :love: the teddy bear helmet. Really love the windswept family photo, not sorry!
    Happy birthday, Maryann in UK. Would love to see pics of your dogs.
    Carla in MN, :love: your 4 planned actions.
    Rebecca Brava for listening to your body/self and making sound decisions. Salt instead of sugar in coffee? Wonder if it would work in my tea?
    Rita I’d stay in my pjs all the time, if I could get away with it ;) Your ex DIL’s posting was inspiring.
    Debbie speckled lima beans, do you have a pic?
    Margaret :love: your bright burning candle, and thoughts on light and clouds.
    Kellly beautiful, beautiful boys and you. Sometimes the best first step is to say “No.” … and smile ;)
    Welcome @downongreenacres. Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Rori look forward to hearing about the courses you’ll take to tap your creativity.
    Tracey “… heat, hot water, and no rodents or bugs…” count me in if you add a flush toilet and electric lights. Happy birthday Michaela!

It was a brilliant, blue sky, low tide walk on the beach day. Not even any wind, so it didn’t feel as cold as it was. Glad we seized the chance. Rain forecast for as far out as the weather app goes.

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    dwf3qrn2tj9u.gif

Thanks! Well its to just take away the bitterness, so I am not sure if it works for teas. I can't have any flavored herbal teas, during my fast because that can induce your body to start making the enzyme that signals your body that you're about to eat something. I want my digestive tract to rest, and when its time to wake her up(yes my digestive tract is a her), I usually eat some nuts, a slice of cheddar, or a prune.
  • dlfk202000
    Kylia- I love that you are friends with your ex. I consider mine my best friend. We were Jr. high sweethearts- had no kids and lost touch for 25 yrs but reconnected and text every day.

Kim- we just drove through Fairfield twice today- went up to Vacaville to the Asian market up there. Where did you have lunch? We don't eat out very much, well, I don't, dh goes out often with his friends. They were at Applebee's last night. We did go to a little Mexican place in Fairfield on Thursday(had a coupon so wanted to try it- wasn't impressed)

Debbie
    Napa Valley CA
  • dlfk202000
    Debbie - Gorgeous Limas. <3 I feel hungry just looking at them!

I consider myself very fit for my age. 72. I do around 2.15 or more hours per day exercising.
    However, running round on our back yard, throwing snowballs at the grandchildren, on Christmas Eve, really got me out of breath! I was surprised. We are not as young as we were! However, I am fitter now than I was at 40! :D

Just do as much as you can. It's always more than you think. But it builds up really fast. The first step is the most important thing. <3 Then keep on keeping on. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Thanks- dad always loved them and planted a lot to share( a 100ft row of them every year). Mom and I are not huge fans of them but will eat them once in a while. Former father in law really loves them. Carl is 84 yrs old so if I can do things to make him happy, I love doing it. His wife is in a care home so he cooks for himself unless former hubby takes food over to him, sounds like he does that often. Mom and I will plant them again this coming spring but not a whole row of them. Shelling them is hard on the hands unless you wear gloves. Dad never seemed to be bothered by them.
  • JustJenn68
    JustJenn68 Posts: 38 Member
    Wishing everyone a Happy New Year
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    Well I stuck to my schedule today and got everything done, except I didn't fit in a grocery trip. Now we are suddenly expecting six inches of snow tomorrow. I'm hoping it will be okay to get groceries Tuesday.

I did finish up the dumbbells from last night and I walked for half an hour in the basement. And I stayed well under calories. Yay! So far so good on my plan to lose 30 pounds by June first.

I started reading "A Court of Thorns and Roses" so that will tide me through the snowstorm. Hope you all are safe and warm, and not stuck in airports!

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,389 Member
    edited January 2022
    Hey there ladies! Just taking a moment before I make chicken fried rice for the Navy son. I swear he could live off the stuff! I'm getting in a couple times a month, because soon he will transfer to Guam continuing his Navy journey. Its a 6 year tour, so hopefully at least once he'll come home for a visit. I already have my countdown started for youngest sailors return:
    o4q6rwt7m8kd.png
    Then put up a countdown for my 60th birthday while I was at it!
    Started a fasting app so that alleviates my brain from thinking about that.
    Today I fasted 22 hrs. My meal was three street taco sized tortillas with a leftover taco meat, diced tomatoes, and black olives mixture with some cheese melted on top. It was heavenly!
    For dessert I got out my fancy plate and saucer set. I had my creamy macchiato coffee, 3 prunes, some walnut pieces and a sq of 85% chocolate. I had to go to the kitchen 3 times for a refill, because my pod made 12 oz and my little cup only holds 4 oz! So exercise! No I didn't put my pinkie out..😁
    78s6vk5w62by.jpg
    Have he ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island WA
    I LOVE THIS!
    d55uc60n37mx.png

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Rebecca when in doubt pinkie out 😉
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka-thanks for explaining your name- LOVE it!!! Dh's dad was 100% Yugo(his mom is 100% Okinawan).
    All of our cats, with the exception of the latest two arrivals who belonged to son's girlfriend, all have Japanese names- one is Neko- which is Japanese for cat. If we had gone the other way, most likely one might be Machka ;)

Have to go with his two nationalities- no idea what "blend" I am- grandpa always said we were Heinz 57
    Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA

I'm a blend of Serbian, German and English (over on the west side, quite possibly into Wales), with a splash of Romanian. :)

My family mostly has dark hair, dark eyes, darker skin tones with a few exceptions. My great grandmother, for example, was German with lighter hair, eyes and skin tones.

M in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    Debbie -

what a small world we ate at Mimi's near the solano mall. We should meet.

Kim
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Not enough time to exercise?
    168 hours in a week
    - 56 hours for sleep (7 days * 8 hours)
    - 40 hours for work (5 days * 8 hours)
    - 10.5 hours for exercise (the recommended amount of 90 minutes a day * 7 days)
    = 61.5 hours for ... whatever you want. 🙂

However, when I added university and my carer's role in there, the time to exercise did diminish!

For the past few years I've been part of a 24 hours of exercise each month challenge in our Challenges forum here in MFP and I've aimed for a minimum of 24 hours of exercise in a month, but preferably 30 or 31 ... at least 60 minutes a day.

Last year's times (not including incidental exercise like walking across a parking lot):
    Jan-21 ... = 24 hours 39 minutes
    Feb-21 ... = 29 hours 01 minutes
    Mar-21 ... = 30 hours 48 minutes
    Apr-21 ... = 28 hours 42 minutes
    May-21 ... = 25 hours 3 minutes
    Jun-21 ... = 28 hours 5 minutes
    Jul-21 ... = 32 hours 33 minutes
    Aug-21 ... = 27 hours 53 minutes
    Sep-21 ... = 33 hours 04 minutes
    Oct-21 ... = 19 hours 31 minutes
    Nov-21 ... = 32 hours 34 minutes
    Dec-21 ... = 30 hours 15 minutes

This year, I'm hoping to nudge that up a bit to try to get it closer to 90 minutes. :)

Also note that the recommended amount of 90 minutes a day (a recommendation that came out in 2005) is not 90 minutes all at once of intense exercise. It can be things like taking the stairs, parking at the far end of the parking lot and walking to the store, getting up once an hour and walking around the office building. It all adds up. It's also not necessarily intense. Just walking is OK. And the recommendation was not that people go from couch to 90 minutes all at once. It is recommended to build up gradually.