Shape Shifters Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    @jessicakrall8 thank you for the links. I will try them out tomorrow
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    giphy.gif?cid=790b7611836acb3a19a26b4948d680afd0aeba0ca6e6eccf&rid=giphy.gif&ct=s

Congrats on completing yet another month with Fat2Fit! You can see the results of Week Four and the month of December by clicking the links below...

Here's a sneak peek into how your team did...

Week Four-
    vca002p2bx2v.png

December -
    qlkukdswwein.png
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    leni1us
    Week 1
    PW 153.6
    CW 152.6

Sorry I'm late in posting.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    Here is the message from @PamStellick hopefully she will find her way here!
    Hi everyone
    Please forgive me if this a duplicate post. I can't find what I posted earlier so maybe it didn't go through.

I'm a newbie to F2F and to the team. Glad to be here and give this a go. Here we come 2022!
    Pam 😊

Userid pamstellick
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in: Sunday
    PW: 140 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 139.2 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: (optional loss to date)
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    edited January 2022
    Those Zumba videos look like something I'm definitely going to try!

Reporting in for day 2 of my own January challenge:

Fitness action of the day: completed day 1 of Yoga with Adriene's 30 day Move challenge! "Complete" is used broadly here as there were some things I couldn't do, but I just sat on my mat if I couldn't come up with an alternative, and then jumped back into it once it went back to easier moves. If anyone is looking for a free YouTube yoga video, I really like Yoga with Adriene and she has lots to choose from. I started the 30 day yoga journey and want to complete all 30 days, but already know it won't be 30 consecutive days and it will take a while for me to actually progress through all of them.

Home improvement action of the day: I cleaned the bathroom mirror. Took about 3 minutes to get the cleaning supplies, do it, and put the cleaning supplies away. I know because there was still a minute left in my 4-minute microwave sterilizer for bottles and pump parts. Used the leftover minute to put away some candles and candlesticks that were still out from NYE.

I realized today that especially the home improvement action part needs a bit of planning, so it's easy to just do it when a good time opportunity presents itself. Maybe I'll add to my report my plan to the next day! Tomorrow I'll wipe clean all the windowsills, and either go for a walk or do day 2 of that yoga challenge.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,145 Member
    edited January 2022
    frankwbrown
    Step goal: 10,000 daily
    12/31: Fri: 5,077
    1/1: Sat: 15,009
    These were my steps for the last two days of previous challenge.
    For January, I'm focusing more on non-step related activities, so I've lowered my step goal.
    Step goal for January: 6,000 daily

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    @jessicakrall8 just to add my steps for the last day of December.
    12/31 8,126
    My garmin watch I got from my son's only last Christmas has decided it didn't want to be on my wrist anymore & snapped !! It still works but I have to remember to put it in my trouser pocket.Apparently the band can't be replaced which is annoying.It was just past the guarantee 😒
    Please could you put me down for 12,000 steps as I don't tend to do as much walking in the winter.Thanks.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Here is the message from @PamStellick hopefully she will find her way here!
    Hi everyone
    Please forgive me if this a duplicate post. I can't find what I posted earlier so maybe it didn't go through.

I'm a newbie to F2F and to the team. Glad to be here and give this a go. Here we come 2022!
    Pam 😊

Userid pamstellick
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in: Sunday
    PW: 140 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 139.2 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: (optional loss to date)

@jugar I sent her a friend request and a PM, but haven't received a response. I have no other idea how to reach her. Will keep watching...it takes a while to navigate these screens so hopefully she'll find her way back to the chatroom soon!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,539 Member
    Sunday, January 02

Exercise: no
    Steps: 16.367 / 11.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had a relaxing Sunday. Did some more laundry and vacuumed upstairs. My steps were pretty good again, though I did have pizza in the evening (it wasn't great either). Going to behave the rest of the week for sure. :smile:
    Happy Monday everyone <3

@jessicakrall8
    I am glad you enjoy my pictures so much! I don't think they are bad either, I did keep them afterall, but they aren't something I would share on instagram. They don't really have a wow factor in my eyes. I will keep sharing pictures, even if I personally think they are 'just nice' :wink: It's great you are so excited for the New Year. I also like the idea of starting fresh, and to a small degree, I have that with this group every month as well. It is really nice to be able to say "okay, that is behind me now, let's go again!". What a lovely idea to go walk a 5k in your mothers honor. I am sure she would be proud of you too!
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    @CasandraW and @Katmary71 That Pussycat Dolls one had my attention!! LOVED that song...had to do that one about three times. I had to make a couple of changes due to my knee issues, but man I can't wait to do that one after another 50 pounds comes off...making plans to tear that one up! LOL

I so wish I could rush things along, but all in good time...and 76 pounds ago, I couldn't have done any of it!! YAY!

Thanks Kat, for sharing...keep em coming as you find them...just shoot me an email or pop in and post them please!
    Jessica

I use the gymondo app there are free workouts or you can sign up for the subscription to get more! That app has everything!! That one and the down dog app are my go to. If you get down dog it comes with a run app and a HIIT workout app a well!! Down dog is as low as 20 a year for all of it if you go to their website!!
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    1/1: 8,221
    1/2: 9,083
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    @CasandraW Here's one more link from my friend Kat, who's my "go to" person for workout videos. I just did this one twice...really nice and low impact!

https://youtu.be/7X8eftN2mv0

Enjoy!
    Jessica
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Monday
    PW: 220
    CW: 221
  • frankwbrown
    Pupowl wrote: »

@jessicakrall8
    I am glad you enjoy my pictures so much! I don't think they are bad either, I did keep them afterall, but they aren't something I would share on instagram. They don't really have a wow factor in my eyes. I will keep sharing pictures, even if I personally think they are 'just nice' :wink: It's great you are so excited for the New Year. I also like the idea of starting fresh, and to a small degree, I have that with this group every month as well. It is really nice to be able to say "okay, that is behind me now, let's go again!". What a lovely idea to go walk a 5k in your mothers honor. I am sure she would be proud of you too!

On the contrary, I think your photos show that you have a good eye for composition. IMO "Wow!" is overrated; your photos draw the viewer's eyes into the scene, that's uncommon.
  • frankwbrown
    edited January 2022
    @LaurieWrobo, I saw in Habit Tracker that you're doing a 30-day Yoga challenge.
    I attempted a similar challenge last January and lasted only about 4 days. Last month, I started doing morning (6am!) yoga and pilates at my gym four days a week. Seeing your Habit Tracker reminded me of the challenge I tried last January, and I'm thinking maybe I should give it another try.
    This is it: Welcome to BREATH - A 30 Day Yoga Journey | Yoga With Adriene
    Some people complained that she's too chatty, but that didn't bother me.

I found this just now -- Yoga With Kassandra, and I'm wondering if it might be more realistic, since it's ~10 minutes per day as opposed to ~30 minutes.
    Morning Yoga Challenge: 10 min of Morning Yoga for 30 DAYS! (DAY 0 MORNING YOGA MOVEMENT)

Are you doing one of these, or something else?

(Incidentally, I encourage anyone else to consider starting yoga. It is a great way to improve your balance and flexibility.)

This discussion has been closed.