What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,531 Member
    Today's dinner: Spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash with melted Italian 5 cheese blend and a cauliflower garlic bread stick. (This is probably 2 servings - I'll save 1/2 for tomorrow's lunch).
    tn53i824iqhk.jpg

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Grilled linguiça, rice, black beans w/onions added, collard greens cooked w/bacon & onions. As usual the sausage was made in house at one of the butcher shops I go to.

9gugq3akfkbq.jpg

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Moroccan Chickpea Soup with a serving of Doritos.

Best way for me to use up the snacky stuff I bought for guests over Christmas is to incorporate them into my meals. Doritos are something I prefer not to have in the house because I can’t be trusted! 😂 This way I know I’ll be accountable as the big batch of soup *needs* the Dorito accompaniment, which will prevent indiscriminate munching. Mind Games! 🤷‍♀️

You can make a fat free version of tortilla chips in the microwave. Remove once they start to brown a little as the margin of error between browning and burning is small. Don't fret if they are not crisp when you remove them from the microwave. They turn brittle as they cool.
    https://www.cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/6544-microwave-tostadas

I’ve done similar, many times, with leftover corn or flour tortillas. I cut them into eighths and dry fry in a frying pan until lightly browned and crisp.

Not sure why you suggested it though! I was just using up Doritos (bought for guests) in a way that fits into my calories, not looking for alternatives to Doritos. 🤷‍♀️ The calorie difference is minimal anyway - it’s the tortillas themselves that would tip my calories over not the non existent fat I’d not be using anyway…😂
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    edited January 2022
    zyj2arzus5do.jpgugdsxep5trvy.jpg

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 432 Member
    ljhcaxba7t7s.jpeg
    Garlic toast, baked eggplant parm., spaghetti
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Sichuan fish fagrant shredded pork, leftover sichuan fish stew from last night, roast chicory, sticky rice.
    ts56banbvkzp.jpeg
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    1/2 Filet Mignon, greenleaf lettuce, shredded carrot, shaved cucumber, avocado side salad and a cauliflower garlic breadstick. 1/2 cup fresh pineapple for dessert (perspective is off between the two pics) 😑
    cg0mqse6n7ps.jpg
    mvoogbqtz26d.jpg

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Venison tenderloin and veggie stuffing by the fire on a freezing night!

0cp9l5smjn3z.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Sockeye salmon over sautéed power greens, cherry tomatoes and polenta w/balsamic bellavitano cheese.

dec2u86jelfp.jpeg
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Not much to look at … a light breakfast and out the door.

Foie gras, Camembert, spelt toast, greens, sage breakfast sausage and blackberries..

x1ztr26qq43g.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Last night's fish fragrant szechuan pork with carrots and shitake, celery stir fry, rice.
    uiemhkbbdjv7.jpeg
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Dinner - leftover spaghetti squash and peas with added garlic and shallot grilled chicken
    7j5yuz37tvdr.jpeg