Women 200lb+, Let's Start Strong This January!!!

Replies

• seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    edited January 2022
    Hi everyone and Happy New Year!

I’ve been MIA since before Christmas - I went very low-technology over the holidays and am excited I was able to disconnect and relax.

Goals for 2022:
    1. Hit Onederland
    2. OTF 4x per wee, active recovery on the other 3
    3. Stay focused on everything in moderation
    4. Weigh-in daily, record here and in F2F on Mondays.

Goals for January:
    1. 258-262 pounds
  • NKutt53
    NKutt53 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi all.
    I’m new to this.
    I’m 68 years old.
    5’5” tall
    207 pounds.

My goal is to lose 50 pounds and be more active.
    Goals for January
    Work out 2 days per week.
    Walk 5/7 days per week - 6000 steps
    Eat healthy
    Do a stretching routine daily.

With help and encouragement I hope to be able to continue to climb stairs and rise from the floor on my own in the next 5 to 10 years.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    @justanotherloser007
    Thank you for the info about the charity. Also you would get the award for "The Best Cheerleader!"
  • Tiva50
    Tiva50 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi my name is Tanya and I live at the beach with my husband daughters and dogs.
    Height - 5 5
    Weight - 220
    Goal Weight - 150
    GW Jan - 216
    Weekly goals - 1 lb

I want to log daily - make my treadmill more than a clothes rack and get back in the gym.
  • drj63
    drj63 Posts: 59 Member
    @justanotherloser007 Thanks so much for the encouraging words! I'd like to be 150 or under so I have a long road ahead, but I'm going to give it my best shot! And I agree with @swimmom_1 You are the best cheerleader for all of us!!! Thank you!!!
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member

SW (7/23): 300
    12/20: 265.6
    1/3: 263.8

Goal range for January: 258 - 262

The weather here in VA has been nuts since I got home from holiday travels. It was in the 60s/70s the last few days, but the cold is roaring in now. It's already dropped to below 40 and it's supposed to keep dropping into the 20s with some snow. I've had migraines for years, and this kind of weather shift just does me in.

Welcome to all the new folks - I'm super behind on this thread as I was largely device-free over the holidays and am just now starting to check back in. CICO and MFP really work. Meal planning, prepping, and measuring out food on a scale are your friend.
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!! It is greatly appreciated :)
    @thatbeautifulchick1988 , I certainly hear you!! My hubby is the same way, he's on disability and doesn't do squat around the house. Annoying.
    @justanotherloser007 , my house is tiny too! I live in a mobile home. It gets annoying going up and down the hallway like a caged big cat lol
    I need to get out walking again today, I didn't over the weekend. My excuse was the weather. Snacked a bit after I completed my diary yesterday :( and didn't track it. Yuck @ me.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    edited January 2022
    January Challenge Weigh In Day

Age 44
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 220.2
    GW for January 215
    UGW 145

1/1: 220.2
    1/8:
    1/15:
    1/22: Happy Birthday to me
    1/31:
    Total month loss:

Monthly goals:
    Hitting water goal -8 cups a day
    Gym 3x during the week
    Strength training 1x per week

Food over the holidays wasn't terrible but high sodium for New Years. I need to work on my water goal better.
    The other goal was make sure I go to the gym to get some strength training in. That's been laxed lately so I need to get that routine a bit. Starting with 1x per week until I'm ready to handle the schedule of 2x.
  • kramereh
    kramereh Posts: 612 Member
    Happy New Year!!

SW: 216.4
    Jan goal: 8 lbs

1/3- 216.4