Being healthy

Im overweight and need to get back on track with my health. Not only to loose weight but to also be healthy. I need receipe ideas that are easy and healthy. Lazy keto anyone have receipes.

Replies

• Chanda7777
    Chanda7777 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m doing low carb right now. I love snacking on meatballs, cheese cubes, spinach dip with pork rinds, keto crepes with sugar free syrup, and Lilley’s sugar free chocolate chips.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    I'm not sure exactly what "lazy keto" means, but I do know one of the concerns about this kind of diet is that you are not reaping the benefits of full keto, so it's a bit of a question as to its success. And if your focus is on "health", then I imagine you want all of the good vitamins and minerals that comes with your food choices.

Personally, I focus on a lot of veggies, some fruit, lean proteins, real fats (butter, avocado, oils), and whole grains. I definitely don't eat any "diet" foods, like artificial sugars or fats. My carbs are around the 100g-150g mark each day. This is what I found keeps my body feeling happiest.

Hopefully you can find what foods keep you satisfied and feeling good.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    crb426 wrote: »
    I'm not sure exactly what "lazy keto" means, but I do know one of the concerns about this kind of diet is that you are not reaping the benefits of full keto, so it's a bit of a question as to its success. And if your focus is on "health", then I imagine you want all of the good vitamins and minerals that comes with your food choices.

Personally, I focus on a lot of veggies, some fruit, lean proteins, real fats (butter, avocado, oils), and whole grains. I definitely don't eat any "diet" foods, like artificial sugars or fats. My carbs are around the 100g-150g mark each day. This is what I found keeps my body feeling happiest.

Same, I eat a high carb plant-based diet and have been a healthy weight for years down from obese. Even when I gained weight from injury and meds, I still managed to stay in the healthy weight range, because it's hard to gain on my diet.

I generally focus on eating as much vegetables as possible, and minimizing processed foods.

As for recipes, Budget Bytes is an amazing resource. Since her recipes are all inexpensive, they all tend to be from scratch, with easy to find ingredients, and aren't very complicated. They're generally very tasty.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    If you want lazy meals and are doing keto, I highly recommend just cooking a protein and having a bunch of veg cooked in olive oil or a big salad on the side. I get into patterns where I do that -- no recipes needed.
  • nfll406
    nfll406 Posts: 30 Member
    Xellercin wrote: »
    crb426 wrote: »

Same, I eat a high carb plant-based diet and have been a healthy weight for years down from obese. Even when I gained weight from injury and meds, I still managed to stay in the healthy weight range, because it's hard to gain on my diet.

I generally focus on eating as much vegetables as possible, and minimizing processed foods.

As for recipes, Budget Bytes is an amazing resource. Since her recipes are all inexpensive, they all tend to be from scratch, with easy to find ingredients, and aren't very complicated. They're generally very tasty.

What is Budget Bytes?
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Budget Bytes is a recipe website. You can find it by google :smile: