TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Good evening, all. My name is Leah. I’m 27 years old and (hopefully) in my last semester of grad school. I’ve struggled with weight most of my life. I’m setting a goal to get in better physical shape, not necessarily having a laser focus on my weight only.

January Week 1 - Sun, 1/2

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Cleaning

@southgirl94 Welcome back Leah! I think it's wonderful to set a goal to get in better shape, still don't be afraid to set other goals too, more tangible ones so you have a better measure of your progress so you can celebrate your milestones!
  • AB0215
    SuzFit212 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm new here! My name is Suzanne, I'm a mom of four, in my early 30s, and I have about 60 lbs to lose. This past year was rough in so many different ways and I ate my feelings too many times. I'm excited to make progress towards a healthier self with all of you! ☺️

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: no

@SuzFit212 I understand completely. This last year was tough for me, and I can say with absolute certainty I also ate my feelings. We're excited to have you, we're a team and we support each other, we all have the same goal! Welcome to the team Suzanne!
  • AB0215
    Daily Post Sunday

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: 10k steos, 4 Minutes HIIT
  • annacop1671
    annacop1671 Posts: 37 Member
    User: annacop1671
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Week 1
    PW: 119
    CW: 120.6 😣 not a great start!
  • SalluR
    SalluR Posts: 180 Member
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    SalluR wrote: »
    Welcome to the new comers in this group and best of luck to the old members for the start of New Challenges with the New Year Beginning...
    I am SalluR and I am here not only to lose weight but also, transform to new me.. But unfortunately due to personal problem I wont be continuing the challenge nor am I will be in myfitnesspal for some time. I am in myfitnesspal since 2014 total 8 years . Myfitnesspal was like a family too me. I got lots of love, support and motivation to keep me goin its truly a remembrance journey in myfitnesspal. I will surely miss you all.. especially vicky2767 ,
    AB0215 , gjaholy33 ... sorry if I miss any one. You guys were a wonderful friend, true from heart and very loving team. Love you all. Keep goin and trust urself in reaching the goal. I will continue to lose weight and do my workout. Keep me in your prayers 🙏. I will surely join myfitnesspal once my personal problem gets solved. Take care team members.. keep smiling ..
    Good luck. Will definitely keep you in my prayers my friend and I hope to see you back here in the near future.
    You got this!!!!!!
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Hello all! Am looking forward to a new month and year of losing with you all! Am 34/F, living in Oregon and restarted my journey to better health last June after some not so good lab results gave me the kick I needed. I’ve lost weight before but gained it back and more by letting stress turn into apathy about my health. I am planning on this time being the one that sticks, making healthy habits and learning how to cook healthy foods.

Last year I was able to lose 42lbs, fit in clothes two sizes smaller and lower my resting heart rate by 15bpm. I’ve been trying new(to me) food and have found spices and dishes I’ve really enjoyed that are healthy and delish. With exercising regularly, I can now go up stairs without getting out of breath, am able to go up hills and on hikes without feeling like I am dying and have more energy and better mental health.

It’s an ongoing process and some days I really have to remind myself of those benefits above to keep going. This year’s main goals are losing 30lbs to get to my current goal weight of 170lbs and no longer be obese, get a regular strength training routine going and continue good habits of cooking the majority of my food and going on walks/exercising most days of the week.
    Fabulous. Welcome.
    User: KakoHikes
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 199.8
    CW: 197.6

Nice loss

Yes I will ! Take care
  • SalluR
    SalluR Posts: 180 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    SalluR wrote: »
    Welcome to the new comers in this group and best of luck to the old members for the start of New Challenges with the New Year Beginning...
    I am SalluR and I am here not only to lose weight but also, transform to new me.. But unfortunately due to personal problem I wont be continuing the challenge nor am I will be in myfitnesspal for some time. I am in myfitnesspal since 2014 total 8 years . Myfitnesspal was like a family too me. I got lots of love, support and motivation to keep me goin its truly a remembrance journey in myfitnesspal. I will surely miss you all.. especially vicky2767 ,
    AB0215 , gjaholy33 ... sorry if I miss any one. You guys were a wonderful friend, true from heart and very loving team. Love you all. Keep goin and trust urself in reaching the goal. I will continue to lose weight and do my workout. Keep me in your prayers 🙏. I will surely join myfitnesspal once my personal problem gets solved. Take care team members.. keep smiling ..

@SalluR I wish you the best of luck. We'll be here when you're able to return if you'd like to come back to the the team :smile:

Thanks. Yes I will surely join soon. Take care
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,765 Member
    Daily Post Sunday

Calories: Yes under
    Exercise No
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Welcome newbies and welcome back oldbies!
  • annacop1671
    Daily post: Monday
    Calories: Yes (under)
    Exercise: yes - peloton 30 min cardio, & 10 min meditation.
    Goals/Day/Comments: my goal is to workout tomorrow morning.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Post Monday
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 30 minutes indoor walking
  • SuzFit212
    SuzFit212 Posts: 153 Member
    Daily post
    Monday
    Exercise: no 😫 I had an awful headache.
    Goal tomorrow is to get some movement in!
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Daily Post
    Monday
    Exercise: yes
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    January Week 1 - Mon, 1/3

Calories: Over (did well till dinner)
    Exercise: Shelving books for an hour
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    edited January 2022
    Monday 01/03
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes Ring Fit Kickstart 2.0 day 4, arm day. Did the day's playlist twice as recommended, taking 26 minutes.
    Long day at work but got enough motivation for ring fit. thanks to time zones I am a day ahead on the kickstart, I see myself not wanting to do ring fit a couple days this month so hopefully will able to not get behind. There is one set rest day and another optional one so may just swap things around a bit on busy days
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 400 Member
    Monday
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes. Walked the dog
    Goals/Day/Comments: back home ready to get serious.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Hi my name is Vicky. I’ve been apart of this group for a few years now. The last 2- 2 1/2 years have really been a struggle for me with my weight gain and my motivation. Not to mention my mental health. But I am ready to do this. I have spent the last few months seeing a therapist and feel my mental health is starting to go in the right direction. I ready to make my physical Heath a priority too. Looking forward to 2022.

@vicky2767 Welcome back Vicky! I'm really glad you're getting the help you need. I see a therapist on and off too (on right now) and I can tell you that when my mental health isn't in check, I cannot tackle my physical health, it's all connected. I've come to the conclusion that we have to make time for what's important in our lives, and sometimes, we do have to make ourselves a priority.

Thank you Ashley. I agree with you. Mental health is so important. I thought I was handling things, but I guess I really wasn’t. But I am finding myself in a much better place now.

I’m still willing to help out if you need.
  • vicky2767
    User: annacop1671
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Week 1
    PW: 119
    CW: 120.6 😣 not a great start!
    You got this
    Daily post: Monday
    Calories: Yes (under)
    Exercise: yes - peloton 30 min cardio, & 10 min meditation.
    Goals/Day/Comments: my goal is to workout tomorrow morning.
    Do you like the peleton? We were going to get it but got the mirror instead
    SuzFit212 wrote: »
    Daily post
    Monday
    Exercise: no 😫 I had an awful headache.
    Goal tomorrow is to get some movement in!
    Feel better
    Monday 01/03
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes Ring Fit Kickstart 2.0 day 4, arm day. Did the day's playlist twice as recommended, taking 26 minutes.
    Long day at work but got enough motivation for ring fit. thanks to time zones I am a day ahead on the kickstart, I see myself not wanting to do ring fit a couple days this month so hopefully will able to not get behind. There is one set rest day and another optional one so may just swap things around a bit on busy days

Awesome fir getting it in.
  • vicky2767
    Daily check in
    Mon 1/3
    Tracked yes
    Calories slightly over
    Exercise no
  • vicky2767
    Daily check in
    Tues 1/4/22
    Tracked yes
    Calories just over
    Exercise no
  • annacop1671
    @vicky2767 I subscribe to the peloton app and only do the workouts, there’s lots of classes and a great variety.
This discussion has been closed.