getting into my 36" pants

One of my goals is to fit back into 36" pants. Currently I'm wearing 38's, but they are
getting looser?

Replies

• mbarkitek
    mbarkitek Posts: 27 Member
    When I was thinnest I fit 32" pants.... That was super short lived tho, but I do still have a stack of 34" pants on my shelf goading me into making it happen.
    SO I am with you! Go You!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,956 Member
    I've been debating when to make the jump from my currently loose pants to the next size smaller, not sure how much looseness I need to make it happen comfortably rather than "fit" but have to suck it in all the time, lol. Right there with you.
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 132 Member
    Sounds like we are all right around the same waist size lol. I'm estimating I'm only about 3-4 weeks away from fitting back in my 36" waist pants as my 38" pants are slowly getting loose. I'll be back in size medium shirts by around that time too I think.

I'm right there with mbarkitek, I have an army of 34" sitting on a shelf and a few 32" that I hope to fit in next summer. My 32" days only lasted one summer, but this time I'm gonna try to make it to a 30", and try to STAY there. That's the real tricky part.
  • AverageJoe1985
    AverageJoe1985 Posts: 5 Member
    I wear a 36 levi, but they are snug. I am trying to get down to a 34". Nice to hear others are in the same shape.
  • dblirondog
    dblirondog Posts: 123 Member
    Right on! You can do this!
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,230 Member
    Go for it! I'm 6'2" and went from 213 to 170 in a little less than a year, and from my 38" jeans feeling a bit tight before to now having to be sure wear a belt on lest my pants fall down past my much slimmer hips. I'm now able to fit in my old 36" jeans and also some of my old dress and suit slacks.

Some of my belts are just too big now. I keep them to remind me of where I was about three years ago compared to now. Sometimes I pull one out when getting dressed, and go "Dang, this doesn't fit!", then I go, "Awesome! This doesn't fit!". LOL
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    edited December 2021
    Hang in there to all you guys…. I am now at the point where if I want to feel extra comfy I wear 32s. They require a belt. They were a little loose on the butt so I thought let me give it a try so went to Costco to find some 30/32s. Found out they don’t sell that size @brick and mortar. Felt like the old obese days where I’d have to order the right pants that would fit. So got online and ordered a pair Costco. Can’t beat 30 buck Levis. Got them delivered pulled them out and held them in front of me. I was like WTF. These are some small “a s s” pants. I’m 6 ft. and imagine to my surprise when I was able to get them to go on and with little effort they buttoned up. So I go between 30s and 32s. I have a few pair of 34s and 36s that will be headed to donations this month.
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    When I started MFP many years ago, one of the things that pushed me was starting to look at buying 42 inch (and I'm about 5'7"...yikes). I've gone from 40's to 38's to 36's that are getting loose. I have some 34's now that fit, depends on the brand. An elastic belt helps quite a bit.
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 132 Member
    I know I'm not the original OP, but I felt like updating:

My prediction was correct. I just got a pair of 36x30s delivered today and they are a perfect fit. I'm still a size L shirt though.

Feels good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!