2022 Resolutions?

stevewallen
stevewallen Posts: 62 Member
Have you made any resolutions for 2022? Can be fitness-related or otherwise. Drop them here and we can revisit in a year!

Replies

• stevewallen
    Ok, I'll go first.

1) Run 1650 miles in 2022
    2) Read 20 books
    3) Learn to play piano (100 hours or more).
  • KimberlinaB
    KimberlinaB Posts: 4,016 Member
    No actual resolutions but I just want to be kinder to myself and treat my body better. That means no negative self-talk, and doing things that are good for me.
    Also working on saving money instead of eating it all with takeout lunches. Haha
  • Booboobeedoop
    Booboobeedoop Posts: 18 Member
    Leave the house every day and exercise and stop eating stuff I shouldn’t again.
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Read 1 book a month
    Write more often
    Volunteer more often
    Lose 42 pounds (0.8 pounds a week)
    Do 20 push-ups
  • BethJE17
    BethJE17 Posts: 9 Member
    Read 25 books
    Drink 64oz water each day
    Train for and complete a Marathon (my 2nd)
    🙌💪
  • fitishbyfifty
    fitishbyfifty Posts: 23 Member
    -Drink a bottle of water each morning BEFORE coffee lol
    -Workout at least 3 times a week
    -Log food consistently and honestly
    -Finish my real estate course and take state exam
    -take control of my personal life
  • KL1887
    KL1887 Posts: 114 Member
    Be more selfish, sounds harsh but I’ve spent my entire adult life as a parent, my eldest kid turns 17 this year and I’ve decided I no longer need to keep taking a step back and denying myself the stuff I want to do.
  • fitishbyfifty
    fitishbyfifty Posts: 23 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    1. Start Smoking (hopefully progressing to: chain smoking)
    2. Gain 60 to 80 Pounds of Pure Fat
    3. Maybe Get Arrested Once, or Twice, for 'Drunk and Disorderly Conduct'

I typically fail to meet even the smallest of personal goals, so massively failing again in 2022 will now be regarded as a 'win'.

Ya just gotta know how to work the system, amiright?

😂😂🙌🏼💯
  • work_again
    work_again Posts: 125 Member
    KL1887 wrote: »
    Be more selfish, sounds harsh but I’ve spent my entire adult life as a parent, my eldest kid turns 17 this year and I’ve decided I no longer need to keep taking a step back and denying myself the stuff I want to do.

I so get this. I've got a lot of changes coming in 2022, and as a part of that... I want to do the selfish thing a bit. This year I definitely want to do more for me... esp without feeling guilty about it.

Fitness is def part of that (okay.. its vanity... i want to look good).
    I want to get to single digits with my handicap (ugh... that's gonna be tough).
    I want to go to California.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I don't make resolutions because I can't keep them. I do set some goals I like to work toward, though.
    • Reducing waste in my home.
    • Reducing clutter (I can only give away or gift my own items, so this may be harder to achieve since I live with other people who have a pack rat mentality).
    • Drinking one glass of water a day (going from drinking none, honestly)
    • Continuing to calorie count
    • Weighing only once a week (instead of every day as that was making my mental health struggles worse last year).
    • Not using Amazon anymore. For anything.
    • Going to learn more about food preservation and canning techniques this year.
    • Read 75 books this year (last year it was 70 and I read 162 or so).
    • Learn new crochet and knitting techniques and master them.
    • Build muscle so I can burn more calories and lift heavy items during moves (which we'll be doing sometime this year).

Not resolutions; just things I work toward because resolutions always seem to fail for me.
  • Booboobeedoop
    Booboobeedoop Posts: 18 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Leave the house every day and exercise and stop eating stuff I shouldn’t again.

Simple plan and it's pretty much what mine looks like.

Sometimes during winter, it's all too easy to hunker down under the covers and keep my nose in a book all day. I've made kind of a promise to myself that each day I'll go someplace, anyplace. Today it's a very small town a few miles north, just to walk the streets and see what's there. They have a pretty good used stuff place and a great book store, plus a craftsy place. So I'll do some walking and stick my nose in some places. Nothing drastic but it gets me out of these suffocating 4 walls for a bit.

I've been also walking on the treadmill a couple times a day because well, winter and all. Plus once all our leftover junk from the holidays was gone, I've turned my thoughts back to healthier eating.

It's completely up to me to make these changes.

Another thing I'd really like to do is start writing my thoughts down in this pile of journals that everybody's given me but still sit empty. :/ IRL I don't say much but that's not to say my brain isn't always going in circles.

Hey all, make 2022 a good year!! Do something good for someone else and it'll cause a ripple effect. <3

Sounds just like me.. Ive found little changes one at a time work so much better long term 👍
  • stevewallen
    I want to learn a new language.

Great goal! Which one?
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    I think if anything, I’ve set intentions rather than resolutions. I want to create more. I would like to get back into my yoga and mindfulness practice. I also want to establish better boundaries.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I'd love to be able to communicate better. But how does one start that exactly? I've always lived inside my own head more than talking to others. Kinda hard to change that at my age. :/