Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    cmsienk wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    work_again wrote: »
    Have you been to Alaska?

I have not... i was planning my west coast trip to be California... but I hear Alaska is incredible

I'm in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Seattle, with 1 dd to visit my other dd. She's taken road trips along the western seacoast and says it's all beautiful. My dear friend has been in every single state and says the Oregon coast is some of the most beautiful. She was born and raised in Alaska and lives here in Vermont, saying it's as close to Alaska as she's ever found anywhere else. Myself, I'd love to go to Alaska, and Switzerland/Norway/Sweden. Call me crazy cause I'm not fond of cold weather so even though the winter scenic images my mind conjures up spell beauty, I'd have to go during a warmer season. :)

I don't speak from experience but the locals told me that during the summer the mosquitos could carry you away. I'm not really a winter person either, but the spring weather was ideal.. no bugs and I was shedding layers as I walked.

Yeh, we're thinking May. I told my dd last night that it was up to her and her sister to coordinate times because they've got lives while I'm pretty flexible. :) So hopefully we'll beat the mosquito season there. :)
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Dying slowly at the DMV.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Reading up on zero waste ideas I might not know about and could implement in my home. Finished cleaning up the kitchen counters and dishes, so chilling at the computer with some tea.

Also wondering if that predicted 2.5 inches of snow will hit us. We had 10 inches already and it stopped the city for two days and blocked up I-95 for over 24 hours. :#
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,671 Member
    Watching the snow fall while I finish a late lunch. It's supposed to keep falling for the next 3 1/2 hours. Have to unload some equipment and take it downstairs to my home office.
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,844 Member
    Watching Tele
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,171 Member
    Have you been to Alaska?

I have not... i was planning my west coast trip to be California... but I hear Alaska is incredible

My family did a road trip from LA to Seattle in the "before times" and it was awesome. We did the east side of the mountains and drove through the desert, visited the borax mine in Boron and a naval base near where some big earthquake had been (an older woman at the museum told me all about this). We went up to Mammoth Lake in the mountains which was gorgeous. We visited Agate Beach and the redwoods. It was all super cool

oh that sounds fun... how long did it take you?

We had 3 weeks for the whole thing but 1 week was spent in Sacramento for a conference. We did everything possible in Sacramento
  • cmsienk
    Making soup for dinner. It's perfect weather for it
  • MegaScorpion
    MegaScorpion Posts: 48 Member
    Being an insomniac- staring at my phone!
  • BigJoeinNC
    BigJoeinNC Posts: 5 Member
    trying to figure out how to make friends on here as too be able to look to for support
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    BigJoeinNC wrote: »
    trying to figure out how to make friends on here as too be able to look to for support

Not as easy as it used to be before the forum format was changed
    Go to the top of the page, see where it says find Members, click on that then put the persons profile name in and it will take you too their profile.. you'll see an option to add as friend. Hope that helps 🙂
  • cmsienk
    Booking travel for back-to-back jobs in March.
  • capamericaag
    capamericaag Posts: 59 Member
    Chilling
  • cmsienk
    Braving the cold and heading out to dinner
  • ReenieHJ
    Kind of existing in limbo. :) That time of day when the coffee's cold, I dread unwrapping this blanket from my shoulders, and hop on the treadmill.
  • HungryTraveler
    HungryTraveler Posts: 39 Member
    I'm on hold with customer service because the delivery man just shouted at me when he delivered my stationary bike :'( Now the bike is downstairs and I live on the 4th floor and I have no way of getting it to my apartment
  • ReenieHJ
    I'm on hold with customer service because the delivery man just shouted at me when he delivered my stationary bike :'( Now the bike is downstairs and I live on the 4th floor and I have no way of getting it to my apartment

Neighbors? Does it come in pieces?
    Good luck and hope you can get some nice kind person to help you!!
  • HungryTraveler
    HungryTraveler Posts: 39 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Neighbors? Does it come in pieces?
    Good luck and hope you can get some nice kind person to help you!!

Thank you :) They apologised and gave me a €15 voucher. Now I'm off to open the box and see if I can get it upstairs in pieces like you suggested :D
  • duichaser
    duichaser Posts: 172 Member
    Watching my favorite comedian on Netflix
  • ReenieHJ
    Listening to my washer so I can hang up my clothes, then go grocery shopping. Ugh, it'll take me half an hour to thaw out my car.
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,844 Member
    edited January 2022
    Watching Ashes highlights and the English *kitten* show down under! 🤦🏻‍♂️