What irks you today?

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @Kosmoskitten Thank you for all that info!!!
    I actually found my receipt with tracking number info; I was so excited. I figured I just had a terrible stupid moment and threw out the receipt. But it'd slipped into a card and I found it this morning. My dd did file a search request, describing the contents of the box.

I was out reshopping for her this a.m. and relayed my lack of confidence in the post office this year, to one of the store owners. She said she's never heard so many stories about lost mail as she has this year. :/

As far as ordering from overseas....my other dd had ordered something a few years back that got stuck at customs and it took at least 3 months to make it through. :s

Good luck to you!

For future long distance gifting, I suggest using a pack and ship store that utilizes FedEx or UPS. Both of them have so far been reliable this year, although they have more stringent guidelines about your box (but you can easily ask them for guidelines). Both sets of parents shipped our gifts this year using UPS and FedEx, respectively and they arrived in excellent time from across the country (3-4 days). No damage and the delivery drivers were professional and polite.

I would utilize them myself if the nearest one wasn't a literal pain in the *kitten* to drive to in D.C. traffic. As such, I am stuck with USPS until I move, I fear.

I did contact the record store I ordered from to let them know and man, were they ultra-polite. They told me that it might take 6 weeks to move through customs because of the backlog and shipping option I chose (silly me), but that if it didn't show up after that 6 weeks, to give them a shout and they'd either mail me a new copy or issue a refund. No fighting necessary. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @Kosmoskitten My dd called USPS herself and got nowhere with them. We can't find any phone numbers online for the specific recovery center it's in. She suggested we call USPS and get hold of a representative, then ask for the phone number. I have my doubts because I'm sure they don't advertise it for a reason. :(

I did find out an insurance claim needs to be filed 15 after it was supposed to be delivered(or from when I mailed it, can't remember :/ ) and before 60 days. So we do have awhile.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    l917pj86b7mp.jpg

Why? WHY??? Finish a damn roll first!
  • glassyo
    Ugh, why are people so dumb? Especially when I'm busy with other stuff??

Me: I need 3 names in order of preference (I'm incorporating a business for a client)
    Her: (gives me her actual name)
    Me: Well, that DEFINITELY won't already have been taken!
    Her: The name of the business is....
    Me: fvvecf0nf8fj.jpg

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    A very mild irk, I suppose, but the vinyl I ordered and that was shipped Nov. 29th still hasn't manifested. I was told by the UK based company to give it six weeks, which puts that at about Jan. 10th before contacting them for a refund or reissue. Pretty sure since it's been a month that it's not going to show up ever. So I'm out about 90 bucks until I can get a refund in 2 or so weeks, I guess.

I just hate how abysmal the US postal system is. And it's not just USPS. Fed Ex, UPS, DHL and other minor companies (like Lasership) are all equally *kitten*. Why are we paying money to have you ship stuff only to have it get lost, stolen or stuck in a sorting facility or in Customs for months on end??
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,379 Member
    Cross fire at the shooting range. They only had to be about six feet off the center of their target to impact mine.

The leaking sink flange I found out about when I got back from the range.

The fact that I haven't slept yet, and I'm not sure if staying up to fix the sink is worth it. But both sides of a kitchen sink are nice sooooooo......

Yep, I'm irked.
  • I can't find anything in here anymore lol
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,127 Member
    The kitchen cleaning fairies seem to have decided they're in lockdown and I have to clean up after my cake making fest myself
  • glassyo
    The kitchen cleaning fairies seem to have decided they're in lockdown and I have to clean up after my cake making fest myself

I'll help you clean up the final product. :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I can't find anything in here anymore lol

Join the rest of us 🙄
    Hope you had a great Christmas and New Years George 🤗
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,127 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

I'll help you clean up the final product. :)

Haha my mom is doing that we'll, it was for her birthday but was a pretty cake if I do say so
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    I have been living for 2 months with a partial bathroom after a major leak. I want to be able to wash my hands in the bathroom! In the contractor's defense, I put everything on hold due to personal reasons for a couple of weeks and then we had holidays. But still, I am now ready to have the remodel done!
  • I can't find anything in here anymore lol

Join the rest of us 🙄

I guess it isn't so bad if you open your eyes and look around lol. Everything is here it's just different.

I got C19 for Christmas, it's a sore spot lol! Thank you Jo I hope yours was great!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I can't find anything in here anymore lol

Join the rest of us 🙄

I guess it isn't so bad if you open your eyes and look around lol. Everything is here it's just different.

I got C19 for Christmas, it's a sore spot lol! Thank you Jo I hope yours was great!

Oh crap, what a Christmas gift.. Sorry 😔 hope you're feeling better now. Different, yup that describes it.. a little more difficult but eventually you'll find things if you look.
    Thanks, it was ok 🙂
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,254 Member
    It irks me that my cable, internet bill costs more every month than all my other utilities combined and it is always going down.
    6 days in a row with no cable last month but they dang sure charge me for it.
    Today until about 10min ago, no cable, no internet.
    🤬
    It may actually do more than irk me.
    😂
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,525 Member
    Dust. Dust irks me today. I cleaned behind my nightstand and bed headboard today and there was so much dust... my fault I know, but it's not something I think about doing often
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    That my boss has COVID (he's fine, no symptoms), and I have had to do both our jobs all week.
  • glassyo
    That my boss has COVID (he's fine, no symptoms), and I have had to do both our jobs all week.

Oh man, my boss is in North Carolina right now, which is a bit more relaxed about covid, and he's sick and I'm all "GET TESTED!!!!" and he says he's going to when he comes back.

Just keep your *kitten* out of the office. (He won't.)
  • ramichaud249
    ramichaud249 Posts: 12 Member
    Well, I am wondering why I have to click on 95 to get to the newest chat sessions....I guess that is urking me at this moment. LOL