Women 200lb+, Let's Start Strong This January!!!

Replies

• ADC0809
    ADC0809 Posts: 24 Member
    I want to say that this is my second go round but I keep telling myself that it is not - I am not the same as I was 10 years ago!

Currently
    Current Weight: 218
    Goal Weight: 170

My goals for 2022

* Feeling better - this includes my weight, accepting age related changes and taking better care on my mind.
    * Since I seem to be motivated by numbers (not all of them ;) ) I am keeping a log of miles rode on my stationary bike and miles walked on my treadmill. I just really want to make sure I use them.
    * Continuing with my strength workouts - I would love to actually use my 25lb dumbbells.
    * Walking outside more - this was my go to thing for mind, body & soul and since 2020 I just cannot get back into it.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @changeforeverlj your photos are great! You did it before and can do it again!

@pdd1216 doctors can really make you feel bad about yourself. Glad you hung in there!

@nebslp Iโ€™ve been adding collagen to my coffee for a while now and donโ€™t taste it at all, but I drink flavored coffee.

@sandielewis2001 congrats on one year of your journey! You are an inspiration! The 14th will be my one year, but Iโ€™ve only lost half of what you have. Iโ€™m fine with that though. ๐Ÿ™‚

Welcome to all of the new people!
  • Talktomissie
    Talktomissie Posts: 3 Member
    Hi. My name is Missie and I am trying this again. I am making lifestyle changes and am encouraged to find likeminded people here on this app. 2022 will be a success!

Height 5'9โ€
    SW Jan 3 2022: 214.6
    GW this month: 206
    GW: 165
    Goal: move more & incorporate IF

1/10/22 -
    1/17/22 -
    1/24/22 -
    1/3122 -
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @roz0810 my son just ordered a VR and Iโ€™m excited to see what fitness stuff is available!
  • SFFirebird
    SFFirebird Posts: 21 Member
    nebslp wrote: ยป
    Hi, just thought I'd share how I discovered an easy way to sneak a little more protein in my day. I'm making it a habit. I bought collogen peptides about a year ago but YuCK! I tried it in my coffee and couldn't make myself drink it. But a few weeks ago I decided to make a habit of having a cup of tea late in the afternoon and now I heat up my water, add a scoop of collogen and stir it up until it is totally dissolved, then put my teabag in and !voila! and additional painless 10 grams of protein + all the goodies from the collogen.
    i went the cheaper route. got unflavored gelatin powder and take a teaspoon a day in water. the body makes it into usable collagen. i got it for my joints (cartilage in my knees) its supposed to help.

• drj63
    drj63 Posts: 59 Member
    edited January 2022
    @thatbeautifulchick1988 that's why I had to only weigh once a week because it would frustrate me with the daily changes. You've got this!!!!

@kenziestabes I spit my coffee out taking a sip at your heart monitor response. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@vacamama Welcome!!! You can do this!!!

@roz0810 great on you for starting a new excercise routine! Me, too. One week in the books!

Hope everyone has great success on their next weigh in!!!!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    @jazzadesigns awesome! there's a game called FitXR. its a boxing dance and HIIT workout. 4 days in and it feels just like the gym!
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    @Jtchowski2 - welcome and you've made a good start by joining MFP. I've been logging off and on for quite a while. Sometimes 1 step forward and 2 steps back. It's a day at a time. Some good some more difficult. I find that reading these posts give me information and inspiration. I lost my husband last year and some days are really tough, as I'm an emotional eater. I'm 70, with bad knees, and weigh 262. Someone told me not what I need to 'do' this year, but how do I want to 'feel. Well, I want to feel healthy, have more energy, feel 'safe' on lonely nights. I want to feel some joy this year mixed in with the tears. So take care of yourself; think about what makes you happy, what doesn't. And maybe set some small goals. I'm going to try it, too.
    Even though we're all at different stages, we have the courage and strength to share our struggles. And that's a good thing!
    And @RavenStCloud- thank you for keeping us all going!!! ๐Ÿ˜Šโค