Weight No More Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,299 Member
    edited January 2022
    Good morning WNM! Welcome to all the new ladies & gents!
    I'm Melanie and I'm from Kansas. I’m the other team Co-captain. Truly, Ashley does most of the heavy lifting.
    I was always was skinny (no, not thin, skinny, all knees and elbows). At 18, I weighed between 110 and 120 at 5"6'. Maybe. I got happy. Then I got fat. I found myself weighing in about 230 and my six sixteens were too small. I bought a couple pairs of 18 pants from the thrift store and joined MFP.
    I lost ~70 pounds in about a year and was pretty pleased. But I wanted another 20 off...and it didn't move. And things got a bit crazy with my husband's family (we won’t talk about that—it always leads to crazy-pants ranting)...so I decided to maintain for a bit. Instead of maintaining, I gained back most of the weight. So...now I'm here and working on losing 60 pounds (40 of the 50 I 'found' and the 20 I never lost).
    My special snowflake challenges
    I'm fairly significantly asthmatic (on meds all the time), have terrible allergies and connective tissue issues (not enough collagen, too stretchy, lots of joint slippage). The past five and a half months have been difficult for me because of the slippy joints—one of my shoulders slipped, refused to relocate and…well. Now I’m in PT once a week and doing PT exercises to the tune of about 45-60 minutes most days. I’m not 100% sure what I weigh because of all the shoulder inflammation. August 2020, I acquired some vertigo problems (or, maybe they just got worse). After adding some meds, adjusting my diet a bit, and stopping coffee (so sad), I’ve got it mostly under control, with only intermittent episodes. The point behind saying this is not woe-is-me, it is that a lot of exercise people promote is bad (anything high impact), and sometimes dangerous, for me.
    Outside of PT, I’m not exercising much. I do get about 30 minutes of walking at least during the week because I have to walk to and from my car for work and all around the building to get to anyone I need to see or the ladies’. I try to get a walk in otherwise but frequently fail. Weekends are a mixed bag. Even walking had become painful with the shoulder, so I’d not even been doing much there.
    My 2022 Goals
    I’m not going to talk about last year or the year before any more.
    I have a closet full of size 10's that I want to wear.
    Back to Wedding Weight (165) before the end of the year. Maybe lower...
    Daily goals
    Walk at least 30 minutes a day. (I plan to start participating in the step challenge again)
    Get back to doing core exercises every day (I add these in to my PT because shoulder exercises are boring).
    80 oz of water or non-alcoholic liquid a day, mostly water.
    Cut down on sugar and junk food (but it is Girl Scout cookie season!!)
    I'm part of a leadership group at work (state government, staff training, tech support) and we meet quarterly. This last week we talked about resolutions and such, being the new year an all. Some of the team talked about not doing 'resolutions' but choosing an annual focus word (examples: gratitude, healing, listen, focus, positive) and using that word to focus each day. I found that interesting (I don't generally do resolutions as I don't make promises I won't keep, even to myself). I really like the gratitude and positive...so I will try to focus on these this year. I'm positive we can meet our goals this year and I'm grateful to have found this group of truly lovely people!
    I want to congratulate all our losers this month! Small losses add up. Don’t get discouraged if you ‘only’ lose half a pound or pound. I am super proud of all of you! 😊 And several of you have maintained, which is terrific, too. Not seeing losses or not seeing the losses you want can be disheartening. Don’t give up! Think of all the things you have accomplished…you can do anything you put your mind to!
    Welcome to the team newbies! I’ve sent friend requests to all of you (many have already added). Looking forward to getting to know you all!
    I've been on the support team for a few months and I think I will stay there for January but I plan to do weighins. I think last week my weigh in was 220. Today was 218.6 (for yesterday, I'm posting a morning late...I intended to post yesterday but...well, you know what they say about good intentions).
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Jtchowski2 wrote: »
    I dont even no anyone out team. Hello Im Tammy, need help with this journey.

I sent you a friend request. I look stupid in a skirt, but I have pom-poms ready and can be your cheerleader. :wink:
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    giphy.gif

The first week of the year is in the bag! Congrats to all of our members for bringing our average weight lost this week to over a pound per person! Find all of our weekly results in the link below...

Here's a sneak peek into how your team did...

tp67lciuta04.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    IDebraK wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm has a great blog post on BMI. I loved it! I believe she posted a link for it on page 1. Great resource if you're looking for a magic number.

Yep, there's a link for it in my introduction. You can also find it here. Thanks for the reminder that I really need to get back to updating my blog!
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    MortylekOkruchy

steps:

Sunday: 7128
    Monday: 7553
    Tuesday: 12006
    Wednesday: 15338
    Thursday: 11207
    Friday: 16138
    Saturday: 11516

School resumed on Tuesday - walking my daughter to and from school adds about 4000 steps to the day count.
    Done with painting my son's bedroom, still cleaning some mess around the house though, but at least access to treadmill has been regained!

I am excited to see that there are more of us in the step challenge now! :)<3
    Joanna
  • melaniedscott
    JMNagain wrote: »
    @melaniedscott that book sounds hilarious, I love a good spoof.
    I'll definitely join the step challenge, I love my garmin watch and am going to try and get my 10,000 in everyday, which will be a challenge when I'm flying and in quarantine (just for a day) afterwards though!

It is definately a romance but is funny snd generally well written. Author is Nancee Cummings. Not my usual genre choice but I know the author...

Lucky it is just a day. My husband knows someone who was traveling internationally who was required to quarantine for 2 weeks. Both ways. Weird.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,518 Member
    MayLan
    Saturdays
    PW 244.8
    CW 248.8
  • SavannahS2016
    SavannahS2016 Posts: 350 Member
    Hi all my name is Savannah. I am 5'3 and 206lbs. I live in Wales in the UK. I have 3 children 8yr old boy 4yr old girl and a 10month old boy so I'm still breastfeeding (only 2yrs and 2months left 😭) My goal is to get to my goal weight of 130lbs it would be amazing if I could do it this year. I have had success before 6yrs ago when I got to 170lbs two babies later in past the pregnant stage so I should be able to get there. I enjoy the exercise bike and journaling to help me lose weight.
    SW 207.6lbs
    CW 206lbs
    LW 1.6lbs
    GW 130lbs
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    User name: seltzer_lover
    Weigh-in day: Mondays
    1/3: 263.8
    1/10: 262.1

I was down about 2 more pounds during the week last week, but a loss is a loss is a loss. Progress!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    steps
    Sun - 4012
    Mon - 6340
    Tue - 4744
    Wed - 4821
    Thu - 5271
    Fri - 3839
    Sat - 3061

Didn't realize I sat so much last week. Have been working another cross stitch so yeah I guess. Also doing a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle but usually stand while doing that.
  • melaniedscott
    mudita-graphic.jpg

Does anyone else feel that, when it comes to weight loss, we spend more time comparing our progress to others? (often putting ourselves down in the process)

My assignment to all of you this week is to express your joy for others, regardless of how you feel their choices may reflect on your own. We're all on similar journeys, we're all here, we all have battles going on that you aren't even aware of. The least we can do is support each other.

Hmmm...gratitude & positivity!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    Steps..

Sun- 10,064
    Mon- 12,366
    Tues- 8,416
    Wed- 10,626
    Thurs- 8,783
    Fri- 7,491
    Sat- 5,859
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Mxlaw90
    Week 2
    PW 142.8lbw
    CW 143 lbs

Up slightly, not to worried about it as I was away all weekend and let myself not worry about food and just enjoy it. Gyms are closed so I’m trying to walk more but it’s freezing and my home gym hasn’t been put back together since we moved
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    January week 2?
    Username GingerPwr
    PW: 157.5
    CW: 155

Amazing what being done with your cycle can do, lol. 😆😆

It's exam week so I'll be doing a lot of standing still and staring at kids today. I need to make up for that with a dance video or something.

Have an awesome Tuesday!
  • SW 261.4
    1/3 261
    CW 257.2
    GW 135

What a great week!!! I got my steps in and stayed with my calorie and macro goals all week!!!!!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm
    January Week Two

Weigh In Day:Tuesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 166.8 (January 4th)
    CW (Current Weight): 168.2 (January 11th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 65.8 lbs

Consumed a lot of salt yesterday. And maybe went a tad too hard at the gym on Sunday and Monday... just a tad, a tidbit, a little... So, I'm assuming this is water retention. Or it's the bounce back from my large loss from last week. Either option is really fine with me, honestly. Just happy to be in the 160s rather than hovering around 170 as I have been for the past... year.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    178.7 last week
    178.5 this week

humph. lol
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    @lorieconnellcassity AWESOME job!!!!!
  • realtorjanet
    realtorjanet Posts: 12 Member
    Good evening!
    Realtorjanet