January 9

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Todays topic is hunger pangs. Here's an article talking a bit about it.
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321725

How do you experience actual hunger?

I'm one who feels hunger pangs strongly. Sometimes it's like a gnawing and other times it is actual pain and even nausea. My partner on the other hand says he never feels hungry and doesn't understand my pangs at all.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,748 Member
    Interesting topic @LazyBlondeChef ! I strongly believe that aromas cause hunger pangs 95% of the time when they are "false". My own hunger cues have probably been screwed up since I was a teen so I don't typically listen to them. I know that the cues are greatly decreased after exercise and greatly increased if I walk by someone eating a very aromatic meal. Perhaps since you are a "chef" (I think) you are subject to a lot of the aroma type.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    @LazyBlondeChef - very interesting article. I’ve not heard of that hormone before. The point about how eating junk triggers the hunger pain response while eating healthy does not, is so so true. It’s like a circle for me. The more healthy I eat, the healthier I want to eat, the less I eat, the better I feel, the healthier I eat. But throw in a donut and the circle starts to look like an oval and if I’m not careful, I’m suddenly on a circle of junk wants more junk. I have made tremendous progress in the past year, and now I have another piece of this puzzle. Thanks!
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Pass day
  • NicoleThomas002
    NicoleThomas002 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2022
    ✔️✔️✔️

Still have 3 pass days remaining 🙌🏼 I know I’ll need them towards the end of the month as I’m going away. Hopefully I can save them til then 💪🏼
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    ✅✅✅
  • Katiecan2021
    Katiecan2021 Posts: 266 Member
    Exercise - yes 20 mins yoga, an hour walk in the lovely sunshine
    Tracking - yes
    Calories - yes

I’m so pleased with myself today, we went to a friends house for dinner. This is where I always, always over do it! I decided in advance that I wouldn’t have a drink and to ensure my dinner portion wasn’t too big. I did it! Which meant I was able to have a bit of dessert because I’d been careful all day in advance. I’m definitely getting back in the swing of being mindful all day. What a relief.

@LazyBlondeChef tyanks for the article, I think that I experience more hunger pangs when I eat too much sugar. And I definitely feel less hunger when I have a good breakfast. I never eat breakfast cereal any more as it just seems to set me up on the hunger rollercoaster. My husband doesn’t really get hunger pangs either. I find that quite annoying!
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes an hour walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,456 Member
    Monday Monday here it comes again my plan for the coming week includes working on my night snack, reduce alcohol and/or try to finish out Dry January as dry as possible.

I did resistance bands flexibility and some spin. 0/3 pass days used.