Exercise yes
    Track yes
    Under calories yes
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited January 2022
    mshawski wrote: »
    ✅✅✅
    If your day was as “Monday” as mine was I highly recommend the Total Eclipse of the Heart Literal Version on YouTube. Legit makes me laugh just thinking about it.

@mshawski
    Thank you 😂😂😂
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,291 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited January 2022
    Jan 10:
    ✅✅✅ 20 mins on the treadmill.

I'm late posting as it was another night last night that I went to bed early, and then a very busy day at work today.

Like others, I will often decide to work on a new 'habit' at anytime throughout the year... so I don't usually call them resolutions. But I did decide this year that I wanted to work harder to keep my kitchen clean. It's working out well for me as part of my "cleaning and shutting down the kitchen" routine so that I don't go back and find myself grazing in the evenings. I don't usually call them resolutions because if/when I fail, then I feel like a failure. If I call it a habit, then my attitude seems to just be "I'll keep working on solidifying that 'habit'. Lol. It's a mental thing, I guess. It was interesting to read all the responses. @SummerSkier 's response made me laugh out loud!! :lol:
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    roma7774 wrote: »
    @Winner_in_Life I have been looking at epic beginners, would you recommend it?
    Focused today, up and out for a walk before breakfast, then an at home cardio session this afternoon
    3 X YES from me today,
    Wishing everyone a healthy week ahead 🙂

Yes, I definitely would recommend Epic. Actually, I almost finished Epic I in September last year. And I really saw a difference in my body and muscle definition. Then a 3 month of unplanned break and now I decided to resume strength training. So this week I am going through Epic for beginners and next week start over with Epic I again.

@roma7774 I second EPIC. It's a wonderful program. EPIC creator Carolin Girvan is the best trainer ever in my book. So positive and doesn't make you feel like a weakling when you need to take a rest because she does sometimes too. I finished EPIC I and started EPIC II though I'm taking a break from it at the moment because of joint pain. I hope to restart it in the next week or two. I push myself much harder with Caroline than when I lift weights on my own and like Winner_in_Life I saw definite improvements in strength and muscle definition as well as losing inches in the waist.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    10th Jan

* 30 min jog, weights, walk & stretch.
    *Meditation and journaling
    * Under calories
    * Tracked honestly
    * Monitored sugars and under.

I dnt hve N.Y. resolution but read atomic habits thanks to this group recommendion in Nov and since then hve been able to implement below habits.

* Wake up at 4.30 am to do workout
    * Look at my habit list in the am.
    * Journal 5x a week.
    * Meditate 5x a week
    * Stretch 5 x a week
    * Track every BLT honestly even wen i graze.
    * Pretrack
    * Read at least 1 page a day, 5x a week.
    * Talk bub and hubby up not down to ppl ( I am not evil I promise lol i just got in a bad habit of complaining about them)
    * Wen bub has a tantrum in public pull him away and give him the attention he needs.
    * Use habit tracker daily
    * Give myself permission to eat at maintaince wen I need to and also eat exercise cals wen needed.
    * Make bub laugh at least once a day
    * Be in bed at 9.30 5x a week.

Xo
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,983 Member
    Thanks for the article!

Yes, yes and yes.
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, 1hr15min walking, 10 mins yoga
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? nope... over by 12 calories.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    @makattack1516 yikes! 12 calories is probably only 5-10 minutes of dancing around in the living room! Lol. 💃🏻🕺🏻
  • makattack220
    edited January 2022
    @Mrs_Hoffer LOL :smile: I have kitchen dance parties all the time when I'm cleaning up after dinner! I don't eat back my exercise calories so what I've been logging is just for staying within my current calculated daily target. Is that good or should I be tracking whether I'm in an overall deficit for this challenge? Overall deficit for Jan 10th was -354 cal, so still in a nice deficit despite the 12 cal overage :)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    @Mrs_Hoffer LOL :smile: I have kitchen dance parties all the time when I'm cleaning up after dinner! I don't eat back my exercise calories so what I've been logging is just for staying within my current calculated daily target. Is that good or should I be tracking whether I'm in an overall deficit for this challenge? Overall deficit for Jan 10th was -354 cal, so still in a nice deficit despite the 12 cal overage :)

@makattack220 YOU decide what "staying under your calorie goal" means. YOU set your own daily calorie goal, and YOU decide if you're going to eat your exercise calories back or not.
  • makattack220
    @Mrs_Hoffer - thanks! I have my own plan but wasn't sure if there was something specific I should be tracking/logging here. Appreciate all the info you've provided as I get started in this group! :)