Shape Shifters Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    @coblujay congratulations! That’s amazing!

Daily check-in: today was a more restful day, but I listened in on an online group session for postpartum physical therapy. All the stuff for moms was kinda pointless for me and I knew it already, but they had some nice pointers about supporting babies in their motor skills development. Did some of the pelvic floor and core muscle exercises during the session. Home improvement was lots and lots of regular daily chores, and I scrubbed the toilet.

Throughout my pregnancy and until recently husband has cooked about 90% of our dinners. He’s been growing tired of it and I’m tired of taking care of the baby 24/7, so we agreed that one of us puts the baby to bed, however long that may take, and the other makes dinner, and we switch turns every other night. It’s up to coincidence which is more time-consuming, so it probably evens out in the long run.

I bought a cookbook meant for families with babies and toddlers, and the selling point is that it’s recipes that are simple and quick enough to handle with a baby, make minimal mess, and all recipes are designed so a baby learning to eat solids can eat the same stuff as parents. All the recipes have instructions for when to take out the baby’s portion for pureeing or chopping or whatever, and what modifications are needed. Our baby won’t start solids for a few months, but the recipes looked really good so I’m trying a couple this week.

Tomorrow: go on a walk with baby and pick up her new snowsuit from the post office, and make dinner.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    bp2knhb54w0h.jpg

WELCOME TO ONEDERLAND @coblujay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    NICE LOSSES THIS WEEK!!!!

@seeless25
    @ac204
    @Be_theBest_Me
    @KittyInBoots17
    @coblujay
    @angmarie28
    @Fattleass

SHOW US HOW IT'S DONE!!!
  • jessicakrall8
    Hey Guys, I hope you are all doing well and off to a flying start for the new year. A very busy time for me running the year end with a few all-nighters. Caved in and ate a whole family pack of crisps at 3 am one night. At least that was the only lapse.

Started the year at 118 and down to 115 so a far start. This has got to be a better year for sure.

Keep smiling!

@TheMrWobbly Is this your weigh in for this week, Bob? Can you convert to lbs please? Hope your family is all feeling better!!
    Jessica
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    edited January 2022
    Thank you @jessicakrall8 @Yukie_OP @musicsax and @hipari Only 39.6 pounds to go!! :)
  • seeless25
    seeless25 Posts: 40 Member
    coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 379 Member
    9:41AM
    Woohoo! Today is the day...

@coblujay
    Wednesday Weigh-in
    PW- 201.0
    CW- 199.6!!!

Bouncing back and forth since Christmas, but finally below 200. I swam yesterday and got all my water in. I'm sure I'll be bouncing a bit up and down but will solidly be in the 190's in the next few weeks and then it's on to the 180's. :)

Congrats!!! You Rock!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    Wednesday, January 12

Exercise: no
    Steps: 12.370 / 12.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning Shape Shifters. My mom went home again on Wednesday. It was really foggy and grey in the morning, so we worked on painting stones and just chatted until her partner came to pick her up again. I was really tired and didn't get a lot of steps in during the day. By the evening, I was only at 6k so I had to step in my livingroom for around 50 minutes to hit my goal. Today will also be a rest day and tomorrow I hope to go out for a walk again.
    Happy Thursday everyone <3
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hey Guys, I hope you are all doing well and off to a flying start for the new year. A very busy time for me running the year end with a few all-nighters. Caved in and ate a whole family pack of crisps at 3 am one night. At least that was the only lapse.

Started the year at 118 and down to 115 so a far start. This has got to be a better year for sure.

Keep smiling!

@TheMrWobbly Is this your weigh in for this week, Bob? Can you convert to lbs please? Hope your family is all feeling better!!
    Jessica

Of course;

01 Jan 21 - 118kg (260.15lbs)
    09 Jan 21 - 115kg (253.53lbs) ... (3.0kg) ... (3.0kg)

Today feels like a good day!
  • jessicakrall8
    @izzyred9400 Can I get your steps starting with last Saturday, Jan 8th to present please? Secondly, did you know you're a winter storm in the USA? LOL :smile:

Missing weigh-ins from this week (incl today)...please report in!
    @PamStellick
    @jennifersusanmcdougall

Ya'll are awfully quiet today...something tells me you're up to something! Hope it involves something fun!!!
    Jessica
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Great job everyone 😂🙂 way to knock a home run right outta the park yeeeeeeeeees woo woo
This discussion has been closed.