Mission Slimpossible Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 133.0
    CW: 132.7

There’s some snow left on the grass areas (very unusual for VA) and my dog kept eating it the other day, and these last remnants must be heavy on ice melters and made him sick. He’s 3 but I cleaned after him in one day as much as I did in 3y, poor boy. Now one easy day after, and he’s back at his happy self, hopping around and driving the cat crazy trying to be her twin.

When I started cleaning I couldn’t stop, so I vacuumed and wiped everything , except the windows. In the whirlwind I also made some bags for donations so maybe I’m caught up with you on the cleaning/organizing spree 😁.

Have a good day everyone, the weekend is coming!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Jactop Sleep is so important. What kinds of things help you sleep better?

@tammymccrady6278 Good luck with the birthday cake.

@FushiaKat I think you did great last week and you are right: your hard work will not always show up at the scale. I'm sure you had some NSVs to celebrate since starting your weight loss journey, I would focus on those when the scale isn't being nice. I'm sorry you have to deal with that, it isn't fair when you are working so hard.

@laurelfit57 Thanks, I am so frustrated that I can't use it. My husband loves it! It sounds like you have a good plan for your exercise. Wow, your friend is incredible! I'd say 10,000 steps isn't taking it easy lol. I'm glad you were having good weather. It was nice here yesterday too.

@GabiV125 Yay for the scale going down! I'm sorry your pup was sick. My pup eats any and everything so if we lived somewhere with snow, I have no doubt she would eat it lol. I'm glad your pup is back to his old self.

Hi all. It was really nice here in Southern California yesterday: low 70F. I sat outside for my lunch break. The campus I work on has an ocean view from the terrace and it was nice to sit and relax a bit outside. I work from home today and I think I will sit out on our stoop and read on lunch. I think the weather is supposed to be nice again today. My husband made a good dinner last night, he sort of made it up: chicken breast, a small amount of refried beans with cheese, sweet potatoes, green beans, and avocado all seasoned with spices. It was really delicious.

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @tammymccrady6278 - Bummer about the trip, but getting stuck would be awful. Good for you, enjoying a day of binge watching and then getting all your stuff done anyway! I do like the idea of seeing my kids make their own mark on the world. That is coming soon. College is sort of a holding pattern time.....

@FushiaKat - It's good that your recognize that sugar and salt are a part of life. Managing them in a way that works for you is the key. Having a talk with myself to analyze feelings helps me very much. You did that and it helped you too! I LOVE your game room! You are not going to lose weight every single week. Looking at Non Scale victories like losing inches is very helpful. And I believe you said you found a lot of clothes that were too big in your closet this week- that's a good one right there! I think @GabiV125 really hit the nail on the head. I also think that you've been talking to yourself a lot this week to get your thinking going in a positive direction and your hub probably turned that in the complete opposite direction with his "help". Believing that you can accomplish this is very important. And you CAN! Hugs to you!

@trooworld - Does Daisy get to take walks with you? Glad you are enjoying the beautiful weather. Oooh, I'm glad you found some solutions that might help you get back to work with your Tonal. Let us know how it goes.

@TeresaW1020 - How is hubby doing today? Are your muscles better? I hate when I do too many squats and trying to sit on the potty is painful, so I will be careful. How did work go with the financial stuff? Thank you for the hugs. I needed them.

@askewcr - sounds like you are doing great getting back to working on your goals! You go girl!

@laurelfit57 - Yes, that is exactly right. Even though my young adults are behaving normally and I understand that it sometimes doesn't feel good on my heart. I'm trying so hard to get past this. And I think that if it weren't for Covid I would have found more ways to distract myself by now. At what temperature do you break out the shorts? I love your story about walking with your friend!

@Katmary71 - LOVE the meme! That is such a good image of getting rid of the bad and pulling out the nutrients that you need! Also love this charity idea. Seniors are so lonely right now. You amaze me.

@jactop- yes, that's exactly it. Now that he's been gone a few days, it doesn't feel weird anymore. I wish you well on sleep improvement. It sucks so much when you can't sleep. And when you put in all that work and the scale won't budge.

@GabiV125 - Your poor doggo! Glad he's better! It's funny how getting started with the cleaning can be so hard, but once you get going you're on a roll and then suddenly you're cleaning out closets too! I'm really hoping I can get something like that going this weekend.

Thank you to everyone who encouraged me with my kids and my empty nest. Much appreciated. It's Thursday and the weekend is almost here! Planning a reasonable weekend food-wise. I've got to get caught up on the housework because it's been too long since it was all clean and I'm heading out of town next weekend. Did the step workout again yesterday and I'm not back to where I was, but I did note improvement. Going to do it again tomorrow.

Still did not do the journal! I will make myself accountable to you all and will post about it in the coming days or ask for you to yell at me about it!

Happy Thursday!

Lisa

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 12/29: 225.8

Check in weight (1/5/2022): 226.0
    Check in weight (1/12/2022):227.8
    Check in weight (1/19/2022):
    Check in weight (1/26/2022):

it's still a rough week, but I do know this is water weight. I am not moving enough due to the work stuff. I am trying to actively move more, but it is hard to take a break!

have a good week all!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hi Team! I am doing a quick check-in because if I don't do it now it won't happen. I am very sorry that I am not replying back to you individually but I did read all your post and I love how you take care of each other. <3 Hubby is feeling so much better the last couple of days. His dizziness has greatly diminished and his pain is getting better. He will feel even better once he gets the stitches out next week. I'm glad he is doing better right now because my work is blowing up. My financial secretary leaves next week and we just found out that someone has hacked our bank account and now we have to shut that one down and open a new one, which will mean updating our vendors and who knows what else. My pastor gave me a long list of stuff to do this week and tonight we start back with women's Bible study and for some reason, I agreed to run this next 8-week session. So, you might not see me around as much but I will try. Eating has been good and I'm hopeful for a small loss tomorrow. :)
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    edited January 2022
    @FushiaKat after 31 years of marriage I’ve learned that I can’t change my husband‘s behaviour but I can change the way I let it affect me.

My husband has control issues too and used to have what my kids dubbed “Cheerio Tantrums” after he threw a bowl of Cheerios across the kitchen and we all scrambled to clean it up. I stopped apologizing for things I didn’t do and stopped the frantic cleaning when he’d have a tantrum. I started letting him have his rant then calmly went to fold laundry or clean the bathrooms and his tantrums fizzled out so much quicker with no witnesses. Now he vents in an acceptable way without losing his temper. Changing my behaviour changed his.

It sounds like your husband is attempting to sabotage your diet which says more about him than it does about you. Since it’s so common you can find lots of info on the web offering tips on how to deal with it.

It’s frustrating when the scale doesn’t reflect the work but consistency will pay off. Hang in there. You have some great strategies in place
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 356 Member
    Another good day in the books. I honestly feel better even though my sugar did drop at the gym today. I just have to make sure I have enough food in before I go there tomorrow. Each day I increase my workout and it feels great. I do have arthritis in my knees so I have to be very careful.

I have been logging my food and see trends that need to be tweaked. LOL I thank you all again for allowing me to rejoin the group. It has been good for me in the past and it is good for me now. This is a win, win situation and I am so blessed!! Let's go get it!! B)
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 467 Member
    @askewcr I think sleep is the golden ticket! Sounds like you are killing it at the gym!

@GabiV125 poor pup! I love when I can get a ton of that cleaning and organizing done, just think of all the calories you burned lol!

@trooworld before Vannie, I had to think about how I would get in my 10,000 steps, with Vannie my little high energy girl, three walks a day and we are done LOL. I am totally jealous of you! Your description of your workplace sitting outside, sounds like a piece of heaven! I must say, your dinner last night sounds delicious!

@Cornanda Believe it or not, people break out in shorts anywhere around 0° lol. I live on the prairies and we have big blue skies, the sun is out and the shorts come on. It is typically all those young whippersnappers who are wearing them🤣. Good for you for getting back to your step workouts, I find those extremely challenging. I will definitely not yell at you about journaling, that is not one of my skills (journalling that is)

@TeresaW1020 WOAH!!!
    You have a whole lot going on! Please take time to look after yourself. So glad that your hubby is doing better and improving daily, so sorry about work and all the extra duties. Good for you for keeping on track eating!!

Beautiful weather here again today, but the crazy freezing rain has started again. After the freezing cold, nobody is complaining about the freezing rain anymore🤣.
    I am still a bit stiff from the power barbell class I took on Tuesday, must mean it is working lol.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    Thank you for the support, it really means a lot to me. It makes life so much better. I'm sorry I don't support you back yet. But I will in the future. My last weight loss group was not much fun. The leader checked in about once a week and didn't offer very much in the way of support. We didn't have any challenges, or goal setting. I like it here very much. I loved the goal setting. It brought me to life more and I'm a better person because of it.

My husband bought me a pound of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese from Italy. He says that stuff I'm eating in the green container made by Kraft is made with sawdust. I was using it because it's not that high in calories. I do admit the real stuff taste's so much better on my Squash Noodles. I can budget in 1 ounce of real cheese and still be OK.

I had a really good day today. Having that chat with myself has really helped. I bought a cloth measuring tape so I can update the spreadsheet I made for my measurements every Tuesday when I update my weight. Today I didn't weigh myself. I just wanted to enjoy feeling smaller, and not worry about the scale today.

So, I had a crazy morning, we are having a Distilled Water shortage, and maybe salt too. When I was at Costco 2 days ago, they didn't have any salt and today I went to 5 markets and they didn't have any distilled water, I even drove to a different city. I didn't think to look for salt since we have plenty. I use distilled water in my CPAP 1 gallon a week. I do have enough for a while, but I have no idea when we will get distilled water again. The helpful Walmart employee suggested that I look for distilled water in the baby section after he came back and said they don't have any more distilled water in the back.

I don't use baby stuff, but I'm sure there is some shortages in that area too, lots of shelves were empty. I did a little bit of stocking up so I would not be so anxious and its stuff I needed anyway. The scrubbies I like to use in the kitchen are also out of stock at 3 stores. I can make do with something else.

Please be safe!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Daily goals :
    Date: 1/12
    Username: murdog3t
    Log food: ✅
    7500 steps: ❌
    45min exercise: ✅
    30 min walk: ✅
    20 g carbs : ✅

2 min planks
    30sec forearm plank x2
    30 sec right side plank x2
    30 sec left side plank
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Cornanda She does take walks with us. She isn't crazy about walking but we make her lol. I'm glad about the solutions, too. I'll let you know. You are doing great, Lisa. Keep up the great work you've got this!

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad your hubby is doing better. That sucks about the church's bank account, what a stressful hassle! You sound very busy. Hugs to you, my friend!

@askewcr Sounds like you are doing great.

@laurelfit57 I'm glad Vannie keeps you on your toes lol. I am quite spoiled at my workplace. :D Dinner was delicious, I am lucky that my hubby is a great cook! I'm glad you are having "beautiful" weather lol, I'd be freezing! I'm so impressed with your exercise schedule.

@FushiaKat I'm sorry about your experience with your last WL group. I'm glad you like this one. I'm totally jealous o fthat pound of Parm-Regg from Italy! I would love that. I'm glad you can budget it into your day. That's crazy about the distilled water and salt. I hope you can get some soon.

@murdog3t Great job!

Hi all. I've been tracking since Monday and it feels good to do it. It's not the easiest thing to do for me since I eat different things every day and I eat custom recipes not food items, but it's worth the effort. I find if I take 5 minutes while I am drinking my coffee in the morning, I can get it done for the day. I have an appointment with my dietician today. We are likely going to go over the goals I set the last time we spoke 2 months ago:
    • Vary breakfast every 2-3 days to minimize redundancy (DONE)
    • Place fruit bowl on kitchen table for increased visibility (DIDN'T DO)
    • Place post it notes in different parts of the kitchen to remind you of your weekly health goals (DIDN'T DO)
    • Send weekly nutrient report to RD before follow up appointment (WILL DO)
    • Continue previous health goals (I FORGET WHAT I SAID I'D DO)
    • Place water bottle next to the coffee maker and set reminder in Google calendar to fill up and place on work desk (DONE)

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19

Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 260
    CW: 259
    LTD: 41
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @TeresaW1020 - Oh my goodness, you are going to need a week off soon to rest up from all this. Who would hack a church bank account?! Grrrr..... Very glad to hear your hub is feeling better.

@Jactop - That is amazing that your behavior change improved his tantrums so much. That would be a difficult thing to deal with for sure.

@askewcr - Look at you, improving your work outs and tweaking your food. Great work!

@laurelfit57 - it is cold here in FL. It was windy and 50 this morning and I wore gloves and my winter jacket. :)
    (I'm sure my "winter" coat would not be warm enough for where you live.)

@FushiaKat - glad you are feeling better after talking to yourself. Positive self talk is so important. The shortages are odd for sure. First world problems, I guess.... I also did not find any salt at the store today.

@davidji82 - :( that's a bummer- you're quite good at losing! You got this.

@trooworld - hope the dietician appt went well. I haven't been tracking lately, but when I was I would try to balance adding new foods into the rotation so I did not have too many recipes to enter at once. Because that could make me quit tracking for several days! I hope you shared your motto for the year with the dietician. It makes me smile every time I see it on your posts.

My insta today showed Yukon Canada where they have a "hair freezing" contest. Basically you come up with some crazy do that works because your hair turns into ice. Very creative. Since we've been talking about the weather, I thought this might be of interest.

Now I'm going to post a shameless plug for my favorite work out site. It's free! This lady is lots of fun and she has terrific playlists- very easy to find whatever you might want. She has a bit of everything- weights, cardio, step, tabata, dance, barre, mobility. She does live workouts on YouTube. And she picks good music!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyfg0A7ZE3RJEcbUBS688Fg

Enjoy-

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @laurelfit57 Yeah, I do have a lot going on and it’s not slowing down. See post below. ;) We are gearing up for freezing rain and snow on Sunday. It’s the BIG news here in the South. We will probably have to cancel church because. *fingers crossed* :grin:

@FushiaKat Mmmm I love me some Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese! And I find using really good cheese is worth the flavor and I usually end up using much less. I hope things will get better with you and your hubby. It’s hard for men to understand what it’s like for us to lose weight. Maybe tell him as little as possible. Hang in there and we will continue to support you! <3

@trooworld Eating custom recipes is why I find tracking so hard too. But I’m doing it…most meals. :grins: I will be interested in what the dietician advises you to do. :)

@Cornanda Hair freezing contest sounds awesome!! :D Congrats on your loss this week.

Hi Team! It’s been a day! I went and cleaned the church and then ran a couple of errands. I came home to my husband telling me that he isn’t feeling confident anymore to take care of our finances and wants to turn it all over to me. What!! I haven't done one thing to pay our bills or take care of our retirement plans in the whole time we have been together. I mean I knew there would come a day but did it have to be this week!! All I could do was laugh because otherwise, I might get in my car and run away. :grin: It will be OK. That is what I am telling myself. I am happy that I lost a little weight this week! :)
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Hi all! I enjoyed catching up and comparing the weather in our various areas. I have time to check in today because Iowa is having its first real snowstorm of the year, and that means a snow day! It was announced last night, and I had great aspirations of all the things I would get done today. It has not been a total bust, but let's just say I have not done what I thought I would ;-)
    My challenge at work has been motivating (with the exception of exercise - I can't seem to get motivated for that), and I am more aware of building daily healthy habits: at least 7 hours of sleep, 64 oz of water, 2 cups of fruit, 3 cups of vegetables, 30 minutes of moderate physical activity, and 3 social-emotional actions.
This discussion has been closed.