Advice needed to drop body fat and pack on lean muscle

Hey guys hope yous are all well starting my new training on Monday but any advice we can give each other to drop the fat pack the muscle let's go πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    I am using dumbells for strength training.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,321 Member
    To lose fat - eat in a calorie deficit.

To pack on muscle, follow a progressive overload programme and consume enough calories and especially protein.

It can be difficult to do both at the same time - recomp works but takes time. Some people like to cut and then bulk (ie focus on losing fat whilst preserving their existing muscle as much as possible with strength training, then they’ll worry about growing muscle.)

Not sure what else to add but there are people with far more experience than me on here who will answer questions if you post them!
  • ciaoder
    ciaoder Posts: 119 Member
    ... starting my new training on Monday

Hey, Cap. How was week one?

Adding muscle is a very slow process, but a very simple formula. Stimulation+food+recovery= strength adaptation+hypertrophy (muscle growth). If you don't train near the limits of what your body can do it has no reason to add more capacity and that level of stimulation is never comfortable. You can't work out easy. Most people get that part. Getting the recovery element sorted is another story, especially for people hitting hard with new enthusiasm. Most just think about sleep as the thing you do when you're not doing anything. The concept of having a "sleep diet" and being deliberate about how you "consume rest" has to be considered.If you're working with great intensity you'll need to match that in your recovery.

• rishchowdhry
    rishchowdhry Posts: 6 Member
    Simply put, focus on adding 0.5-1kg to all your lifts every 2 weeks -> by the end of the year that's 26 - 52kg onto the big compounds. Progressive overload = growth
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    Hope you had a great workout week, my legs are still killing me but completed my 3 days so I am on target.