bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 134 lbs
    CW: 132 lbs

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    The Week 3 Group Challenge, starting Sunday, Jan 16th is open for tomorrow. Hope you enjoy this one! Can't wait to read and share with all of you.

Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10853885/january-week-3-group-challenge-5-10-15-20-workout/p1?new=1

Jessica :smile:
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@bgame4 Enjoy your snow day! We are getting our first in 4 years and I’m excited!! Great loss this week! :grin:

@askewcr What a nice day you had to celebrate your friend's birthday. I am so happy to read how encouraged you are feeling about your goals. Great loss this week! You go, girl!! B)

@fatfifties I am so sorry that the shot affected you so hard. My mom got it a few days ago and wasn’t feeling well for a day. Wow, that is a great loss on the scale! :)

@gwamajtw91 I am the same and do much better when I plan my meals in advance. Good job on your exercise being on point! This will be your week to lose for sure! :)

Hi Team! Well, we just got the word from the pastor that we are canceling church tomorrow due to the upcoming storm. We haven’t had this kind of storm in four years. I admit that I’m excited that I get to be stuck at home for the next few days. :grin: I just pray we don’t lose power! I was going to go work out, but I bent over this morning to pick up a toy for the dog and ended up hurting my back. So, I’m taking it easy with my back massager. Hopefully tomorrow I will work out and then I will watch the snowfall!!! :grin:
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,075 Member
    This week has been hit and miss. But I'm still smiling.
    crkjh3ba3bf2.jpg
  • adoglover
    adoglover Posts: 22 Member
    Username: adoglover
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 289.6
    CW (Current Weight): 291.1

:( I'll get it back!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @TeresaW1020 -- actual snow? That's exciting. Southern snow storms are different than northern ones for sure! Wow, another financial task to take on.... at least hubby is there to help out as you transition. Your posts are very light- it's obvious you are keeping your sense of humor through all this. Like I said before, you are a strong woman. Congrats on your loss this week!

@fatfifties - hope you feel better soon.

@19shmoo69 - that is a TASTY looking cup of coffee!

No big shakes here today. Hubby and I worked on cleaning the garage. Not fun, but feels good to make progress. Then he grilled us some delicious drumsticks for dinner. :):)<3

Lisa

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 203 Member
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 222.4
    CW 222

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 203 Member
    Did a night shift last night so just posted my weigh in now. I’ve had a good week. Trying to just stay away from everyone cuz it seems brockville has exploded with omicron. I’m in health care and work with the elderly so I do not nor can I afford to get it. I think I may even start getting my groceries on line and just go pick them up. I haven’t done that before cuz I actually like to go shopping. See what there is.
    We r in a cold snap here so I’m not even going out for a walk lately. My exercise has consisted of stair climbing. It’s something though. Our new puppy is growing like a weed. She is a Great Dane and her name is Whiskie. Our other animals are getting used to her except when she has a frisky on Then they run for cover lol. Well gotta run. Have a great evening all.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    I had a restful day today. Snow headed our way tomorrow and it will be great to see that blanket of white tomorrow. Not a lot going on today but just glad to be in the land of the living. I Went to the funeral of a 99 year old lady today. What a blessing to live that long and still look good, like she was asleep. What a blessing to have seen three generations and witness so much in history. What a blessing!
    Tomorrow's another day to be great. Don't forget to be awesome!

Let's go get it! B)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday (Jan 9)
    PW: 179.2
    CW: 183.4
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    Hi Team,

I was just typing out encouraging words and support when I hit the wrong combination of keys and lost it all. I need to click save draft more often.

I walked over 10,000 steps between Thursday and Friday and I'm giving myself a flair. Plus, the stress of empty shelves and not finding what I need. Lucky for me our Market had some distilled water yesterday. I need to be limiting my exposure, I'm not usually out among the public this much. Masks are now required in all indoor buildings again. I never stopped wearing mine. I feel like the world is just going to do what it will do. We did order a new upright freezer and the expected delivery date is January 31st. I sure hope that happens, then I can make even fewer trips to the market. I will be only going about every 10 days instead of every 4 because I want to stay stocked up on the Sherbert hub likes. We have a small bottom freezer on our fridge. I would like to buy a few more bags of shrimp and frozen Cauliflower / Broccoli mix since that is hit or miss now too. I researched very carefully before deciding and this freezer did not have a single bad review where people said it got warm, and they lost all of their food. The smaller freezers did, they had really bad reviews, even the name brand models. This one is made by GE and is Garage Ready. (I First I had to learn what Garage Ready is, GE freezers are tested to perform from 0°F to 110°F, and it gets over that here in the summer) Now I need to make a place for it out on the deck and clear the path for the delivery people.

I'm still trying to get the tree put away, but I just didn't have any energy and I will not be getting in my steps today. I did finish my book. I enjoyed it. My next book is loaded on my kindle and ready to read. Tomorrow is baked potato and laundry day, wow the day's just go buy so fast. I have 2 jugs of laundry pods, idk if that will be an issue later or not. My market was out of Queso Cheese sauce, I will just die if they don't get more, that is the best part of baked potato day.

I need to change a goal because I just don't think I can add a new one. I need to get that spare room cleaned out so I can keep up with the little extra's we have. I don't think Covid is ever going away, it will just mutate, and cause more illness and deaths.

Have a good Sunday everybody, enjoy the Snow and the NSV's!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @trooworld Are your migraines caused by your blood pressure spiking? Mine are completely gone now thank goodness but for awhile I had to take a blood pressure medication before exertion and that helped a lot with them. It's even warmer there than it is here, how nice! Your meals always sound awesome.

@Jactop I hope sleep will be the answer. I know cortisol is up without sleep so inflammation is as well.

@FushiaKat I'm sorry to hear about your husband, I think a lot of times men hear us complain and their answer is to fix it when we just need to vent. Unfortunately weight loss doesn't always go along with the data which is really frustrating, that's been the case for me especially since my CRPS came out of remission. Hugs my friend, we're here for you, you can talk here but do what you feel comfortable with. I'm glad you have a therapist you can talk to about it all as well who can give you impartial advice. Sounds like your husband has good taste in cheese!

@GabiV125 I absolutely agree with all your advice to @FushiaKat ! I hope your dog is feeling better. Must feel great to have your house spotless now!

@laurelfit57 80,000 steps is not chump change here! I honestly think I relapsed because I was so determined to get 20,000 steps every day and it was way too much for my body, I try not to dwell on it because I can't change relapsing with feeling guilty so I don't usually think about it. Do what feels right for you! Your gym workouts sound so fun, I wish I could do them and you lived here so I could tag along with you!

@murdog3t Welcome back!

@askewcr Sounds like everything is falling into place! Have a told you how happy I am to have you back here with us, you're always so optimistic, I love your spirit and outlook! Huge bear hug! Sounds like yesterday was a wonderful day! You be awesome too and thank you for always making me smile.

@Cornanda I can't even imagine how empty the house feels. It always feels awesome to come home to a clean house versus having one more thing to do when returning, I'm of the school if it's something you can get over with today then do it! That workout channel looks cool, I copied and pasted, I actually caught myself before losing all my responses! You know who would love her is @AustinRuadhain since she used to do step, don't know if she still does.

@leonadixon You have a good week too!

@TeresaW1020 I'm so sorry about your bank account, like you don't have enough going on! I'm so glad to hear your husband is doing better, so next is stitch removal? Oh Teresa, I'm so sorry your husband is worried about controlling the finances, you're just getting a huge amount of stuff on you right now. I guess the bright side is he said something before it became a mess. Be safe with the storm!

@davidji82 Still gaining Christmas weight huh?! Pretty funny, step away from the peppermint bark!

@bgame4 I hope you don't mind me asking, what are the social-emotional interactions?

@fatfifties I hope you feel better soon and some of the weight comes off! When I was sick from a medication I told the doctor I'd lost weight and she cruelly told me I'd gain it all back, I was sick for a month and of course I proved her wrong, I gained a little but not all of it!

@gwamajtw91 I'm so glad you kept up the exercise, it's so easy if one area falls behind to throw caution to the wind but you kept up good habits, way to go! See, we may not always look at the big picture but we are growing step by painful step!

@19shmoo69 Love the coffee, hang in there my friend and keep that smile going!

@tammymccrady6278 You can't tell us about Whiskie without pictures, did I miss them? I like grocery shopping in person too, I've only done Walmart pickup but if you're in person and they're out of broccoli you can pick cauliflower. And you don't get notice right before all the time and if you don't get premium you need $35, a couple weeks ago I was bringing salad to a get together and I got everything but lettuce. Give me a freaking break, LOL. Stair climbing is awesome exercise, even when I did the stair treadmill climbing stairs at college was exhausting.

Holy cow that was long, sorry this post will probably take up one page! I went to the store to get my brother a birthday card and gift card and a few things for myself. I went to an Epsom salt soak making class, basically it was adding essential oils to Epsom salts and we bagged them for the holistic pain group to sell. I did a few stupid things like one bottle didn't have a dropper top and I poured half of it in the salts so we made three batches then a bottom of the plastic tubing wasn't sealed so when I lifted it to shake it to the bottom it all fell on the floor and got the pet therapy dog's hair in it so it had to be thrown away but at least the last one wasn't my fault. Tomorrow we're celebrating my brother's birthday and going out for BBQ food. Not much else going on, I'm doing an exercise challenge this weekend and am sore so I'm going to take it easy and probably take a bath with one of the "magic potions" I made!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69
    Week three
    Sunday
    P. W. 269
    C. W. 266
  • 19shmoo69
    Time to share a humorous story.
    Most of you know I like coffee. For decades I would be asked "How do like your coffee?". My response is always " I like my coffee like I like my women Hot, Black and Strong". The person asking the question and my white wife would roll their eyes and my wife would playfully swat at me. Then it happened. I was asked about how I take my coffee. I gave my usual response. Then they asked my wife how she liked her coffee. Without a pause she said I like my coffee like I like my men, thrown in a burlap sack and drug across a mountain. That was awesome! I'm so proud of her.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @davors19 @Cornanda @TeresaW1020 @askewcr @bgame4 @digger61 @tammymccrady6278 @19shmoo69 Congrats on the losses! Wow, great!

@Cornanda It did, thanks! Yeah, it gets overwhelming to track recipes but I do my best. I totally forgot to share my motto, darn it! She would have liked that. :) I'm glad it makes you smile. I saw that hair freezing contest too, I thought, "Wow, that's gotta be cold!" LOL Thanks for the YouTube link. I love that she has her dog in her intro video lol. That looks like a great resource. I love that YouTube has so many good free videos.

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad you are making it work! The dietician and I worked on snacking ideas as that is often my downfall nowadays. These are what we came up with (she also attached a handout of ideas):
    • celery, baby carrots, bell peppers and hummus, guacamole, homemade dip
    • Apples and peanut or almond butter or 1 oz nuts
    • Banana slices or apple slices dipped into flavored greek yogurt
    • Toast with avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes
    • Mini quesadillas with spinach
    • Cucumbers and lemon with Tajin

@TeresaW1020 (cont'd) I take care of our family's finances. It's not easy but you'll get it. Just like you are getting the church's finances. It WILL be okay! And again, congrats on that loss. I know that means a lot to you. I hope you enjoy being stuck at home. I would enjoy that, too. :) I'm sorry about your back. Enjoy the snow!

@bgame4 When I lived in Ohio, I used to enjoy the "huddling in" due to snowstorms. Not that I liked the cold weather lol, but I enjoyed drinking hot chocolate and eating soup. :) It sounds like you are doing great, well done!

@askewcr The weather has been nice here, too. Yay for the gym! Enjoy your day. :) Oh dear, I just read your second post about the snow and the funeral. 99 years is a long time to live. May we all live that long.

@fatfifties Sorry you got so sick. My MIL got sick after her booster, too. I'm glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your Sunday.

@gwamajtw91 I do better when I plan it out, too. I try to do all my planning on Thursdays and then go get the groceries on Saturday morning. Good luck!

@19shmoo69 Thanks for the smile today. At least your weigh-in went well. I hope this week goes better for you. You are funny lol.

@tammymccrady6278 It's all over here too, it's scary. That's a good idea to get groceries online, I did that at the beginning of the pandemic. I might have to do it again. I'd love to see a pic of your new puppy! Whiskie sounds like a good name for her.

@FushiaKat That stinks when that happens. A stand-alone freezer is a great idea so you can stock up. I hope it arrives on time.

@Katmary71 I don't know, I've read up on exertion headaches and they don't really know the cause. There is a theory that they constrict the blood vessels and that is what causes the migraine but they don't know for sure. Yeah it's been really good weather lately. It rained though yesterday. Thanks, we enjoy cooking! That's too bad about the Epsom salts falling all over. I hope you have a good day at your brother's!

Hi all. I've been having a relaxing weekend. We went to an immersive experience last night called "Beyond Van Gogh". He's one of my favorite artists. Here is a collage of some pictures I took last night. Also, a quote that I saw last night that I found inspirational. Have a great day! Sorry for the long post.

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."

9w217cnp6a1e.jpg
This discussion has been closed.