Iso Landmine Press
    Rev Grip Press
    Lateral Raises
    Dbell Rear Delt
    Rope to Face
    Upright Row
    Mil Press

Colt 45
    Situps/ Rev Crunches/ Jack Knifes/ Choppers Hi & Low/ Obliques/ Flutter/ Crunches

1012 total reps
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    edited January 2022
    Thanks Anne! The lady in question is Sue, who led the expedition. She and her husband took up caving as their retirement project. They are both way fitter than me, so give me something to aim at.

I went climbing yesterday. It was my second gym session after my month off. I was better than at the first session, but still not very good. It was good fun, a 100 minute session.

My mini-cut seems to be going well, so I should be able to eat a normal amount of food again soon.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Welp, I'm not too sore today. It's amazing to me how quickly the body can adapt! Anyhoo, today was a cardio day, so back to my typical elliptical madness: ~40 min. steady state. What's cool is that I kept my standard pace and instead of spending most of the time in HR zone 3 (which had become standard for awhile), I spent most of the time hugging the Zone 2/Zone 3 HR border. I guess my body is starting to learn, "oh jeez, she's going to keep doing this stuff. Guess I better adapt." :smiley:

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited January 2022
    Lifting superset day and harder interval or timed row day on Fridays.

I've done five supersets so far and a 10K at lunch as hard as I could. Averaged a bit over 2:15 pace. Not great but around 11.4 seconds off my best paces on that row. HR hit 180 at the end, mostly around 170 for the row (redline @ 90% of max HR), so I was pushing it. 45:12.3 was my time. Running and rowing 10K times are very close, so it's a decent time for a 10K. Not great but OK for an old guy.

We'll see if I do the other 3 weight sets this evening. I like to do at least six, ideally 8. But I'm pretty spent right now!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    One mile winter warrior challenge walk at noon, then an hour online spin class hosted by our Tri Club. Not as much fun as studio spin or outdoors, but still more entertaining than my solo efforts in the pain cave. Funny to see everyone texting each other furiously in the 30 second recovery stretches between the hard intervals.

Single digit temps and windy tomorrow. Going to be an effort to get outdoors to run.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Rowing machine, back to 3 x (2k on, 2' off/CD, focus on relaxation, meters per stroke, smooth force-curve (especially at the legs to swing transition, where I sometimes get a inverse mini-mogul), pushed a little harder than average (not much) on pieces 2 (2:28.4/19spm) & 3 (2:27.1/19spm)). 6705 meters overall. 6:10 in Z4, 20:15 Z3, remainder below.

Concept 2 says 289 calories (weight adjusted) for the 6k portion, Garmin says 234 for the whole 6,705m plus drinking a few gulps of water during a few seconds of each "off" . . . close enough for gubmint work.

Immediately after, a bit over half an hour of dumbbell supersets (OH press, bench, deads, tri extension, bicep curls, flys, side bends, pullovers. Yes, odd - because reasons.).
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,188 Member
    40 minutes sweatin' to the oldies with Richard Simmons. :) I recently rediscovered his videos on Amazon and found many free workout videos on YouTube. I like them because they are low impact and I am able to get in a good, fun workout that is not as stressful on my 60 year old knees and hips.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    ginray1979 wrote: »
    40 minutes sweatin' to the oldies with Richard Simmons. :) I recently rediscovered his videos on Amazon and found many free workout videos on YouTube. I like them because they are low impact and I am able to get in a good, fun workout that is not as stressful on my 60 year old knees and hips.

hah! Yes! My Aunt had all of those videos when I was a kid/teen and we would do them together. They are fun! Thanks for opening a pile of fun memories!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

@swimmom_1, I'm not finding your steady dedication boring: You've found something that works for you, and you're working it - that's great!

Thanks Ann. Glad now, it was to rain all day, the one day, that got me to try my Elliptical again. And the rest is history and future. Burns a lot more calories, (which was my goal) than walking my neighborhood. And I'm in so much better shape now. Besides the obvious, I don't have sweat pouring down my face anymore.

• Rsrs35
    Rsrs35 Posts: 46 Member
    A long walk and 30mins spinning session :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Stationary bike, 11,071 pseudo-meters, moderate (whopping 20 seconds in Z4, mostly Z3, small amount below Z3).

Skipped core exercises, back feels wonky. May do some yoga later, but have osteopath appointment this week: Experience suggests he'll fix whatever.
  • Djproulx
    Did some easy foam rolling, stretching, yoga and torso/hip rotational movements at the gym today. Very cold and windy today. It was 11 degrees when I went outside to run this afternoon. Ran 2miles and called it good. Planning to join for part of a group trail run tomorrow.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    70 Jumping Jaxs
    20 Frankenstein
    30 KBell Swing
    20 Wipers
    45 Sec Sprint (@ 4.5 Incline / SEND IT)
    20/30 Hand Release Push-ups
    40 Goblet Squats
    30 KBell Curls
    Sprint
    30 KBell Press
    20 Devil Press
    30 Wall Balls
    Sprint
    20 4 Corners Lunges
    80 Fast Jump Rope
    20 Monkey Rows
    Sprint
    40 Crunches
    20 KBell Swing
    20 Rear Delts
    Sprint
    20 KBell Squat Press
    30 Hammer Curls
    30 Supine Bike
    Sprint

2 Laps cool down walk & Stretching

600 reps / 6 Sprints
  • Djproulx
    JDMac82 wrote: »
    70 Jumping Jaxs
    20 Frankenstein
    30 KBell Swing
    20 Wipers
    45 Sec Sprint (@ 4.5 Incline / SEND IT)
    20/30 Hand Release Push-ups
    40 Goblet Squats
    30 KBell Curls
    Sprint
    30 KBell Press
    20 Devil Press
    30 Wall Balls
    Sprint
    20 4 Corners Lunges
    80 Fast Jump Rope
    20 Monkey Rows
    Sprint
    40 Crunches
    20 KBell Swing
    20 Rear Delts
    Sprint
    20 KBell Squat Press
    30 Hammer Curls
    30 Supine Bike
    Sprint

2 Laps cool down walk & Stretching

600 reps / 6 Sprints

That is quite a session! Nice work.
  • Djproulx
    Group trail run was cold this morning. 9 degrees at 10am. Ten of us headed out for 4ish mile loops in the woods. Trail shoes w/spikes, knit hat, balaclava, 1/4 zip &vest and winter running tights was the outfit of choice.
    Ice and crusty snow made us sound like an army on the march as we ran/walked the trails. I did one loop of 4.5miles, others are training for trail races, so they did more.

Stretching and foam rolling tonight.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Really nice and easy 13.5K meters on the rower this AM in around 90 minutes. Put the bungee around the rail and worked on form. Kept HR under 65% max the entire time. Very much straight line HR, which is hard to do for 90 minutes.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    253 minutes on the Elliptical for 16 miles, longer time but obviously a slower pace since 16 miles again.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    50 Skier
    50 1/2 Jaxs
    35 KBell Swing
    25 Dips & PushUps
    50 Knee Tucks
    15 Pull-ups

12/10/8
    Wide Grip Bench
    Incline Dbell Flys
    Rev Grip Dbell Press
    Incline Dbell Press
    Decline Dbell Fly
    Land Mine Press
    Dbell Flys
    Incline Bench
    Dbell Bench
    Chest Press
    Smith Close Grip Press
    Banded Pull Overs 3 x 15

Colt 45
    Rev Crunches/ Leg Tucks/ Obliques/ Low Choppers/ Frog X/ Supine Bike/ Flutter K/ Cable Crunches/ Crunches/ Twists/ Hi Choppers

1245 Total Reps