January 15

Replies

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,447 Member
    Yes x 3
    4/3 pass days used
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    My NSV: 13 days no smoking and 6 days no alcohol.
    Pass day today. Went over calories at the end of the day.
    Congratulations to all on the NSVs

@Winner_in_Life CONGRATS!!! 13 days no smoking and 6 days no alcohol is nothing to sneeze at!!! You're doing great!! <3
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 3,973 Member
    My NSV: 13 days no smoking and 6 days no alcohol.
    Pass day today. Went over calories at the end of the day.
    Congratulations to all on the NSVs

@Winner_in_Life
    Congratulations to you! I know you have been making this a particular focus and look how well you are doing!?! 🌟
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    yes for 3
    1/3 pass days used
    81.5/2022 miles
    my nsv is actually keeping up with the miles I have rode.
  • Revlish
    Revlish Posts: 62 Member
    seilidhe wrote: »
    1/15/2022
    Exercise? Nope
    Tracking? Yep
    Calories? Nope

Yay for posting! I'm glad you're here.
    Your MFP name caught my eye! Very Irish looking. (My actual name is Calleaghn, which isn't even proper Irish, but has been anglicized I'm told. Like a lot of Irish things. lol)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    As for me, I have a few NSVs. One is that since May of 2021, I have lost and maintained 11 pounds and consistently kept them off. Although I haven't been steadily losing, this is the first year in probably 6 years where I haven't gained. My second NSV is that I am committing to engaging with this group and attempting to report every day of the month (even if backtracking to say 3 no's). Although not completely successful yet, I no longer 'disappear' for long periods of time. Lastly, my whole journey on MFP since May 2020 has been about replacing habits, improving my mental health (I have lived the majority of my life with severe anxiety and didn't realize it until about 5 years ago & am finally on meds) and dealing with emotional/binge eating (it was one of the ways I dealt with my anxiety). I can say that since May 2021, I can see a huge improvement in how I deal with handling my anxiety and subsequent stress. I have eliminated a lot of negative habits and thoughts and I have managed to replace some negative behaviours with positive and healthier coping strategies. Still a ways to go, but at Christmas I had some time to self reflect and realized I have actually implemented and maintained some better habits.

@Jana_2020 these are some amazing NSV's as well! It's great to hear that you're making such terrific progress!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Back again to read all the NSVs.

🎉 Congratulations 🎉 for 3 x yes👌🏻
    @ForLangston
    @Ginharbe
    @jmu1965
    @Bill70sStrong
    @enlightenme3
    @ashleycarole86
    @ideas2 😍 Inspiring your boys!
    @loopydo2017
    @Revlish
    @donna25trinity
    @jamcnewman 😍 Clearing out the closet is so cathartic.
    @LazyBlondeChef
    @Geneveremfp

Pass day
    @Arc2Arc
    @seilidhe

Pushed for time today. Lost half my post 😂
    I’ll sort it out later.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,983 Member
    Yes, yes and yes

NSV I am focused on things other than weight and food and fitness right now and improving other areas of my life. I appreciate this as weight was always front and center in my life.

Favorite NSV

@Revlish I appreciate your sharing of HIIT workouts and its benefits. I aspire to do more HIIT in my life and this was a very motivating post to read.

• Revlish
    Revlish Posts: 62 Member
    znaoiec wrote: »
    Yes, yes and yes

NSV I am focused on things other than weight and food and fitness right now and improving other areas of my life. I appreciate this as weight was always front and center in my life.

Favorite NSV

@Revlish I appreciate your sharing of HIIT workouts and its benefits. I aspire to do more HIIT in my life and this was a very motivating post to read.

So great that you're focusing wherever you need to Z! There's so much lifey stuff in life. It's all worthy of our attention and love. <3

My HIIT is pretty simple and involves weights. It's a nice combo of light cardio and strengthening, 20-25 mins. I watch TV while I'm at it. hahaha I love getting stronger. <3 And I modify everything to work with what my body needs and can do right now. Baby steps baby. woot!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    My nsv is that even though the scale is only going down slowly my measuements are going down by alot and a huge difference in before and after pics which I took in Nov till now. I think if I didn't take those pics id be really disheartened but they hve kept me positive as I can clearly see the changes in my body. Xo