New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I loveee no cow bars but haven't seen the new chocolate dipped ones yet! I will definitely try. muhfq9xcyta3.png

They are at Vitamin Shoppe and I got a whole bunch ! So good!!

Ooo maybe I will try them then! Ibotta has 3 cash back and they are at walmart!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Not new but first time trying these. They don’t really have any flavor. I like this because I can cook them in spices and add the flavors I want. I cooked them in a pan with banana peppers then added a ton of salsa and spices. Tasted awesome! The texture is very soft and really nothing like chicken at all. Doesn’t taste like chicken or feel like chicken.

If you were looking for chicken sub you would be disappointed but I was just looking for a new protein to try. More like tofu than chicken. I would get them again. j9o4fjg157e4.png
    msfrp7l91q9c.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    1hbbkbbt6894.jpeg
    7b9qvlpdcdt5.jpeg

• samdner
    samdner Posts: 12 Member
    Super excited to share - Sabra dark chocolate hummus. It looks weird next to all the savory hummus, but it tastes a lot like chocolate icing. 80 cal for 2 tbsp, and it goes great with strawberries or pretzel thins <3
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,797 Member
    This dressing is soooo good! It tastes like super creamy high calorie Italian but only 30 calories. Love the cauliflower because it gives it that creaminess. Perfect amount of tang. They also have a garlic one I want to try. dovb8o8s838q.jpeg
    08mgqxa0ppgv.jpeg

The ranch is pretty good too
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 350 Member
    Okay one last nugget lol. I guess best for last!

These incogmeato were my favorite! Super thick breading. They are similar to the Whole Foods brand. Better than the original Morningstar ones because they are slightly less dry and spongey. The inside is thinner. Texture is the BEST. Overall I just loved these, Whole Foods brand and Morningstar original nuggets. Idk why morning star makes two kinds. Gardein does that as well. Regular morning star vs these in photo.

I think I will try to find these on my next grocery shopping trips. Chicken nuggets are one of my big weaknesses so I really hope to find a good alternative lol.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Another day another fake meat product to test lol.

Tried this Omni pork plant based ground pork. Looked like raw meat. Very sticky like mush. Had to cut apart with spatula to make it into chunks. Cooked well but very dry so I cooked it with banana peppers and poured in half the bottle. Came out fantastic. Very spongey and tender. I’ve never had ground pork so I don’t know how it compares but it reminded me of a very light chicken burger/meatloaf consistency. I would get it again. r3xeb5vr102e.jpeg
    azp412he2yq1.jpeg
    3sc7198t7333.jpeg
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    This dressing is soooo good! It tastes like super creamy high calorie Italian but only 30 calories. Love the cauliflower because it gives it that creaminess. Perfect amount of tang. They also have a garlic one I want to try. dovb8o8s838q.jpeg
    08mgqxa0ppgv.jpeg

Interesting. The ranch version is one of the few products I actually threw away. It tasted so odd.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Another day another fake meat product to test lol.

Tried this Omni pork plant based ground pork. Looked like raw meat. Very sticky like mush. Had to cut apart with spatula to make it into chunks. Cooked well but very dry so I cooked it with banana peppers and poured in half the bottle. Came out fantastic. Very spongey and tender. I’ve never had ground pork so I don’t know how it compares but it reminded me of a very light chicken burger/meatloaf consistency. I would get it again. r3xeb5vr102e.jpeg
    azp412he2yq1.jpeg
    3sc7198t7333.jpeg

We made a delicious stir fry with the "spam" omnipork. It is a funny consistency (mushy) but cooks up great. Not sure if it tastes like Spam since I don't think I've had any in at least 45 years.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Thanks for all the reviews, Noreen! It helps me when deciding what to buy! Anyway, newest food love: Green Giant Zucchini Fries (Garlic and Parmesan flavor). Pop them in the air fryer for 12 minutes for a crispy outside and perfect inside. Dipped in Bolthouse Ranch!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Thanks for all the reviews, Noreen! It helps me when deciding what to buy! Anyway, newest food love: Green Giant Zucchini Fries (Garlic and Parmesan flavor). Pop them in the air fryer for 12 minutes for a crispy outside and perfect inside. Dipped in Bolthouse Ranch!

I haven't tried those, but LOVE the crispy green beans and cauliflower wings by birdseye. Never seen the green giant ones at my stores.

I've had these twice, they are really good too.
    7dtjjmxzxdct.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    makwf2u6xm46.jpg

Tried both and....just give me jars of the the fillings. I don't need the cake part.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    glassyo wrote: »
    makwf2u6xm46.jpg

Tried both and....just give me jars of the the fillings. I don't need the cake part.

Omg I loved the Oreo cakesters as a kid I didn’t know they were back!
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    p9ln5j106n5q.jpeg

rukni5e1kvy0.jpeg

(In MFP-ordained order)

I found these JoJo’s chocolates on BOGO at the store yesterday and was very excited; we used to eat JoJo’s chocolate when we were doing keto and always really liked it.
    But yikes; I don’t know if their formula has changed or if my tastebuds are just different than when I did keto, but these had a horrifically overpowering stevia aftertaste. I don’t like stevia at all so it was terrible for me; if you like stevia these would probably be fine for you. These are probably going to go in the trash, sadly. I hate to waste them but we’re not going to eat them.

The cheese is a leftover bit of ‘Tome Fleur Vert’ that I have been eating this week. It’s a goat cheese but it’s a little creamier texture than normal, and the flavor has the tang of goat cheese but also a lovely, fresh-cream flavor as well. That plus the herb crust has made it a definite future re-buy!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    I’ve tried the gardein mini roasts and thought they were pretty good. I love Whole Foods brand if stuff usually so thought I’d try them when I saw them on sale for 2 bucks.

Would not get again. One you gave to cook for 45 mins then 7, which is ridiculous. Do they do this on purpose to make you “ feel” like it’s a roast? I don’t see why they need to be cooked so long. I followed the instructions but they were way over cooked and way too dry and hard.

Each mini one has 290 calories. They didn’t have too much flavor. The gravy was good with nice flavor but needed salt. Overall not too impressed. t0nn86uvsral.png
    5eohgh867h3d.jpeg
    87ns0lhtazgl.jpeg
    ydzoc8ygvxpr.jpeg
    I preferred the gardein ones.

Also had Whole Foods vegan nuggets again today and they are by far the number one and you really would never guess they are vegan.

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,797 Member
    Thanks for always sharing