Less Alcohol ~ JANUARY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    My usual goal, 16-20 AF days per month.

My schedule pretty much dictates my AF days.
    I will be AF on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the next few months.

Diary style is how I keep track

Saturday Jan 15th - 2 drinks. Time to rack up some more AF days.
    Sunday Jan 16th - AF - Too achy and sore to even skate after my Booster.
    Monday Jan 17th - AF - Skated in the morning, very busy day at the restaurant and a busy week with my other job Foster Grant. Best to be AF

Rolling total: 10AF days out of 17 days.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @sarah7591 Thank you for checking in and peeking over that fence to let us know you are still around! Proud of your 18 days! That is great!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Posting for accountability. Day 23 AF.

12/25 - 12/31 AF
    1/1 - 1/16 AF

I'm not sure why going AF has been so easy this time. I do think the daily drinking of 1 or 2 drinks had just become a habit and not so much an addiction. I rarely drank more than 2 drinks in an evening. I think I am getting to the point that not drinking is becoming the new habit.

Now to start on the damn Diet Coke addiction! I think this will require a taper. I normally drink 4 cans a day. I will try to cut back to no more than 2 starting tomorrow. I like Diet 5 Cranberry with Sprite Zero or sparkling water. I also like plain water, but once I get the sweetness in my mouth for the day I keep drinking it. Goal for tomorrow to first drink at least 16 oz of water before drinking anything else.

Have a great week everyone!

It's been relatively easy for me too, giving up alcohol this month. Simultaneously, I cut back to 1 cup of caffeinated coffee a day and any subsequent cups are decaffeinated. I think I went from drinking like 4-5 cups a day to 2ish. I also discovered Athletica Brewing Company this past week which makes amazing AF craft beers. I have one of those every other day or so now.

I've never been a pop addict but I have heard it's hard to get off of sometimes. Maybe not keeping it in the house could help? I have mixed La Croix with pomegranate juice and the sweet/tart is a good sugar craving crusher.

Good luck!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    another quick check-in (busy time of year for me):

Jan: 11 AF / 5 A

Jan 1- 7: 6 AF / 1 A
    Jan 8 - 14: 3 AF / 4 A (ugg)
    Jan 15 - 17... so far 3 AF / 0 A :) sleep has improved so much!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Lots of damage to the scale this morning. Partially due to King Cake for breakfast then dessert after both lunch & dinner. But the bourbon & diet cokes in the evening probably didn't help either.
    Glad the king cake is gone!