Trying to get motivated

Options
Hi guys

My name is Mikayla, I'm 27 and from New Zealand. After 2 children, and never being worried about what I eat.. I have started to notice weight gain, and not nice weight gain. 🤣

I struggle most with food, especially hot chips or crisps. Here for any advice, and how to make the most of using the my fitness pal premium. 🤞🏼

Replies

• chargersfan67
    chargersfan67 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You got this! I am struggling to get started this time around. Send me a friend request.. let’s keep each other accountable
  • SantiagoAlverez
    SantiagoAlverez Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi Mikayla!

I'm Chelsea, 23, US-based.

The first thing to do is remember why you are doing what you are doing. That helped me a lot.

The second thing is to plan your meals (get a food scale if you would like), and add more whole foods. (Veggies, grains, proteins)

I noticed upping the veggie intake kept me fuller and cravings off.

But, don't cut out the things you love, just eat them in a proper portion with a meal so you don't munch through a bag in one go (i used to haha)

But, feel free to friend request me or something. My food diary is public to friends.

Best wishes!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Certain things I do cut out. If I know I cannot portion control, I stay away. I just cut out my regular snack of chocolate and cookies with a glass of wine, instead I have a greek yogurt and mixed berry parfait and clear 0-10 calorie soda. This and cutting out my chocolate "snacks" during the day, I've lost 5lbs since Christmas. If you can make some small changes throughout the day, it can lead to big changes in the scale!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    Certain things I do cut out. If I know I cannot portion control, I stay away. I just cut out my regular snack of chocolate and cookies with a glass of wine, instead I have a greek yogurt and mixed berry parfait and clear 0-10 calorie soda. This and cutting out my chocolate "snacks" during the day, I've lost 5lbs since Christmas. If you can make some small changes throughout the day, it can lead to big changes in the scale!

I'm gonna hijack this thread for a second just because you mentioned putting stuff into Greek yogurt - one thing that is pretty awesome for turning it into a "dessert" is mixing in some sugar-free cheesecake flavor Jello pudding mix. Seriously. just stir it in (may need to add a few drops of water because it thickens up a bunch) and it's delicious. Or for chocolate cheesecake, also stir in a bit of SF chocolate syrup. Amazing "diet dessert" IMO!