Wednesday Weigh In

1101112131416»

Replies

• FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 162 Member
    @fitbyfifty1970 - your numbers an descriptions of what you have been eating always blow me away. Glad you can bring both of these worlds together. I have found I need to redirect my focus from meals to the other aspects of my life or the "food component" takes over. So nice to read how you have found a way to enjoy food and lose well at the same time. Just reading your post makes me feel heavier :p

My diary should show it all. I keep it light the other days so I average a reasonable number of calories over a week vs doing a day by day approach. Last week I had a large pop up, was very unexpected, but this week it's back down even after an insane meal Tuesday night for my anniversary. So if you want to check out my diary feel free. I don't do IF or anything like that, but I do sleep late so I don't usually eat until noon-ish and it's pretty light. I have a snack mid afternoon it seems (I don't have my diary split that carefully). I have a large dinner and a little chocolate after that. Then at night around 9-10ish I may or may not have another small snack. I do have my exercise tracked here from my fitbit but I try to ignore them. First because I don't walk to lose weight, just cardio strength but also b/c MFP is atrocious at that; it ignores it for days on end and then doubles it too. But I have the free version so I sometimes get what I pay for, lol.
  • FitByFifty1970
    Start 256.0 Sept 8, 2019
    Prior 140.0 Dec 9, 2021, 141.7 Dec 16, 2021
    Current 140.1 Dec 23, 2021
    Gain 1.7, then loss 1.6 (net gain of 0.1 since last post two weeks ago)
    Goal 130s (no specific number, just to be under 140) (see my long intro)

Forgot to post last week. Went up 1.7 which was shocking. I normally can anticipate my ups and downs but that was unexpected. All I can think was my gain the previous week was WAY smaller than I expected so that was the false reading. But I sulked for a half-day and then moved on. I checked last Friday and it was down again so I was reasonably ok. I still had my pizza and drinks on Saturday night but I was anxious because I had an anniversary dinner planned for this Tuesday and to have a huge meal on a Tues night and weigh in on Thursday, well.....sigh. But it worked out, I am not back to my all time low of 139.4 but I got off most of what I put on after Thanksgiving and I am at 140.1. Even after Tuesday which was insane..... Went to a very nice steak house and all all of my 14oz strip, cheesy potatoes, brussel sprouts, and 2 martinis. They gave us a super rich and dense chocolate dessert that we demolished. THEN home for another drink. THEN out for a drink to where we had our first one when we met. THEN got a huge slice of pizza to bring home (I mean huge.....it's the size of 3 normal slices). Home to another drink, some fudge and peanut brittle, and ate the pizza slice. I tracked I think about 4500 calories.

My guess is it didn't hit the scale yet, it takes a few days for me to register the gains and the losses. Last night was a lighter day, was still full from Tuesday anyway. Tonight will be lighter as well. Friday is Chinese and I'm going to inhale it all. Saturday is homemade pizza. Then lighter Sun-next Wed night so next Thursday I'm hopeful for a small loss (goal is 139.7) but if I can be even that would be sweet.

For those of you that are christian, enjoy your holiday. Also, please remember to not assume everyone around you is a christian. There are MANY holidays this time of year and 'happy holidays' is not insulting, it is fact the MOST respectful thing you can say.
  • FitByFifty1970
    edited December 2021
    Start 256.0 Sept 8, 2019
    Prior 140.1 Dec 23, 2021
    Current 139.4 Dec 30, 2021
    Loss 0.7
    Goal 130s (no specific number, just to be under 140) (see my long intro)

My goal for the week was to be even or have a small loss of 0.4 and I got a nice little boost of a loss of 0.7 which is lovely! Had a huge night of chinese food and TONS of chocolate martinis last Friday - not overly boozy considering it's entirely made out of vodka, two chocolate liquors, and Baileys, but had about 7 martinis which are loaded with sugar and my teeth and pancreas hurt like hell. haha. Pizza and booze on Saturday too as usual. But kept it together Sun-Wed as normal and got the salt and bloat off by Thur weigh in. Not an accident the weigh in is on Thur for me, that's the plan.

NYE is tomorrow so lots of pizza and booze for sure. May have another party night on Saturday. We aren't planning it but I can kinda feel it coming on. We were to go away for vacation on Sat afternoon but we cancelled it to be safe so I feel like we'll make up for it at home. We'll see.

I feel like I'm kinda in maintenance even though it isn't the numbers I prefer to see on the scale. From before Halloween to almost the end of the year I've been in a 2 pound range. I prefer it to be a little lower but maybe I have so much extra skin my scale is not being fair and once I get that off my real weight will be my mentally preferred weight anyway. So, here is my spreadsheet since my kick off in 2019 and my 'real' kick off in 2021. I hope it is of some use to you here.

If you want to see my food choices 'friend' me. I don't post otherwise though. Note my snacks are throughout the day. I have a light lunch noonish, snacks around 2pm, again around 5ish after a treadmill, large dinner at 7pm followed by dark chocolate immediately afterwards. Then maybe after dinner a small snack. I don't break it out so it seems it is all at once which it isn't.

Have a great new year. Enjoy the goodies and life. Pre log and savor.
    efp82xy6xrq1.png

• laurad1978
    laurad1978 Posts: 190 Member
    @FitByFifty1970 your doing brilliant!!!!
    I can't seem to add you as a friend since they updated the app. If you can add me from your side could you. I'd be really interested in seeing your diary.
    I'm normally very good at logging but haven't for the past two weeks. Back to routine today though.

I'm up about 3lbs over Christmas and New year's but was expecting it and it will likely drop off in a week or so.
    I won't post a weight until Wednesday, hoping I'll have dropped some by then 🤞

New year, new challenge I really want to focus on my core for the next few months. More for swimming and exercise than aesthetics but interested to see if it tightens up the area in general too.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 3,013 Member
    Happy New Year @laurad1978 and @FitByFifty1970.

Looking forward to figuring out what it is and then hitting my goal this year. And following you ladies through your successes!
  • laurad1978
    laurad1978 Posts: 190 Member
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb
    New Goal 142lb

Last weigh-in: 144.2 (a few weeks ago)
    This weeks weigh-in: 145.2

I had pre-Christmas settled around 142.5 and 143, expected to be up a bit over Christmas and was up to 146. This is my week of bloat so hopefully next week I will be back around 143/144. Ideally, I like to be close to the 140 for the end of the month.

Not too worried about the gain last month enjoyed Christmas and New Year's and am certainly not feeling deprived going into January. I was ready to rein it in and get back into my routine by the time January came round. Also good to see how quickly I can undo all the hard work, particularly as I swam and walked a lot over the holidays.
  • lauriekallis
    That is a pretty reasonable gain over the holidays, @laurad1978. Good work!
    So happy to see you here this year! Hope this past week was good for you.

Not wanting to fess up to my weight today - but - I just found the courage to halfway through this sentence.
    Jan 12 - 194.2
    Up 14.2 from this time last last year - and 25 from September. But I guess I have to start 2022 somewhere.
    I hope I am on track again. I really have to figure out "moderation." Don't need to be extreme about losing weight - or gaining it. This 10 pounds up 10 pounds down I was on for much of last year was ridiculous. Especially when I lost a few of those 10 pounds down parts of that cycle.
    I'm thinking that perhaps weekly weigh-ins rather than daily might be best at this stage for me. It is hard to feel satisfied with daily weigh-ins if loss is happening at a moderate speed. Or bouncing up and down as it will on a daily basis.

How are you doing @FitByFifty1970? I hope 2022 is treating you well!
  • FitByFifty1970
    I didn't realize I haven't been posting here; I have been in pretty much 1 group in fitbit and not all the others there either. So sorry. I am doing well! Thank you! I see I missed a lot. There is nothing wrong with being up from last year - you hopefully enjoyed it. Now just to get back to more routine habits! I have had troubles dealing with what is maintenance and what is my real range. I wanted 130s as my range but that's not going to happen nice and neat. I have been bouncing in the low 140s for a while now and think that's where I'll stay. Outside of all of this excess skin I look good (eg fully clothed) and I feel good. When I've popped up to 143 I feel it and don't like it. So for now I've set my maintenance as 137.0-142.9. Outside of that (specifically higher) and I will reign it back in. Though it seems 139-141 is my happy place. I feel like I can know what the scale will say before I see it just based on how I feel. So that's good - WAY better than letting the scale dictate how I feel. Plus from just before Halloween to now I've stayed in that range (up some weeks, back down others) so that must be my maintenance range if I can stay there through candy, drinking, thanksgiving, drinking, krampus, drinking, chanukah, drinking, anniversary, drinking, christmas, drinking, new years drinking. You get the idea, lol.
    I'll post this mess again but you can see the last few months I started before halloween at 141.3 and with all the food and drinking the highest I went up to was 143.9 so I think I'm ready to do maintenance at this weird and very untidy set of numbers. My brand of crazy is unhappy with this but hey, once I eventually get the extra skin off that will be a few pounds and under 140 will be the actual maintenance, lol.

w8sumlbx2r6a.png
  • lauriekallis
    Good for you @fitbyfifty1970.

Coming into this year higher I lay at the feet of surgery. I just didn't know how to handle maintenance - without throwing in deficit days to balance out my over days. Still don't have that knack - but hopefully it won't be a problem throwing in deficit days anytime soon.

My "swing" weight seems a bit higher than yours. I can bounce up and down 5 pounds easily in a day or two - and those pounds don't seem to really mean anything or to be associated with the calories I ate.

I'm wondering now that I'm here looking back at the year if perhaps I just kept pushing my "goal" weight too far? It went from 190, to 175 to 165 to 150. I got stuck in the 168-170 range a few times. Except for a few spots on my body - just above my elbows and inside of my knees/thighs and inside that belly flap - I was happy overall with how I looked. But think that getting rid of those last fat blobs inside the loose skin is particularly challenging. And since I'm not planning surgery (though part of me would love to - I just can't imagine any more surgery at this point), I would like to at least lose the big bulky pockets of fat from inside that skin.

So maybe some moderate speed loss now while I heal from shoulder surgery and then something more extreme later? I'm hoping if I get down to 150 - those blobs will be gone, and then if I drift up a bit to 160 it will be more balanced Maybe a bit more to my face (which was getting a bit gaunt)? And this time I will be able to do some working out - hopefully that helps?

So glad to see you have found a "happy" place.

Are you following any specific exercise regime?
  • lauriekallis

Jan 12 - 194.2
    Jan 21 - 191.2
  • FitByFifty1970
    @lauriekallis I only walk on the treadmill or outside about 5 miles a day. I do want / need to do more core strengthening but am not feeling it just yet. I was thinking of using that as an excuse to splurge on an Oculus headset and do something with that. I had the opposite - I kept thinking 120s because as a 20-30 year old that's what I was but as I lost more I realized, 130s is fine. I can look good and feel good and eat pizza, lol, so I went up to that range. But I find myself fighting back when I get there. Twice I was 139.4 and twice I ate like I was getting paid. So now I'm back to 138.6 and I'll see how this week goes. But all in all, it's all good - I have to have a range otherwise I'll go nuts monitoring myself. I weigh weekly (formally anyway) so Thursday morning is all I'm looking at. I do have heavier nights on Thursday and Saturday usually and go way over so the other days is under so my calorie counting has to be an average over a week, not a daily goal so it makes things harder. But my Thur and Sat bloat can be gone by Tuesday so my Thurs weigh in is the most accurate. And I've devised a game of it (my boyfriend is in on it too). I made a game of losing the weight and made it fun. Maintaining is boring. All the 'wow' from the outside world is gone too. So I am making it kinda fun. I have a wheel app and I created a wheel of $10 money increments from $10 to $100. Whatever it lands on is what I pay that week. Who I pay depends on what I weigh. If I'm in range I put it aside for fun (vacation, fancy dinner, whatever). If I'm out of range, that week I get a pass, but the following week, if I'm STILL out of range that week's spin money goes to one of the charities I support. I'm so weird, lol. I have to make everything a game. I was going to have to wear a knapsack with like 60 pounds of sand in it whenever I went out until I got back in range but I picked up a 35 pounds of kitty litter and threw my back out so I nixed that idea asap.
  • FitByFifty1970
    I think (my opinion, you do what you and your docs think best) is to just maintain during your recovery. That is all diet based (which is how I lost most of my weight anyway). Mentally you don't need to add more to your plate than to just get better and maintain where you are when you started. Adding in a goal to lose seems like an emotional land mine. When is it scheduled? I hope the best for you!!!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Really enjoyed reading these posts! My surgery is done - recovery started in November. I intended to "maintain" until nowish...but that went nowhere but up...lol. Coming down now. Slowly.