Shape Shifters Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    Yukie_OP wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 - I've been contemplating signing up for a 5K that's coming up in March, but I'm not much of a runner and it sounds a bit intimidating. I've read/heard you need to train in advance?. Have you done one before? Let me know how it goes - I could use some inspiration. I romanticize the idea of signing up for myself and my daughter (they have a mini 1k for children before the 5k), but want to be realistic about how much time i could actually devote to a training schedule.

Yukie_OP
    Steps goal/update: 6,500
    1/19 - 6,572
    1/20 - 8,892

@Yukie_OP This will be my third 5k (equals 3.1 miles)...I'm walking though, not running. I think for a runner you'd probably want to have a little experience...I've read you should start 2-3 weeks in advance to prepare for a 5k. There are many guides online that will lay out a training plan for you. I'm up to 1.5 intentional miles a day currently and my step count is 6500-8k steps a day. With a virtual 5k, you can divide up your walk/run into pieces, but I'm going to try and do this one all in one day if possible. We'll see.

Go ahead and sign up...you have plenty of time to work up to it and doing it with your daughter would be an awesome thing!!! You're welcome to try to walk/run this 5k virtually with me as a practice run if you'd like...let me know!
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Jan 21, 2022
    Justanotherloser007
    PW: 172.0
    CW: 169.8

Just checking in, have a wonderful weekend all!!

Nice loss, but I thought you were taking a break from the scale, as we moved you to the support team...did I misunderstand your request from a few weeks ago? Taking a break seems to be working for you!! I need to take lessons from you!! :smile:
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Jess
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,044 Member
    frankwbrown
    Step goal: 6,000 daily
    Sun 1/16: 6,099
    Mon 1/17: 7,314
    Tue 1/18: 9,456
    Wed 1/19: 8,419
    Thu 1/20: 7,887
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    @jessicakrall8. Could I join the step challenge for February!!!
  • jessicakrall8
    wtbarunner wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8. Could I join the step challenge for February!!!

@wtbarunner Sure!!! We'd love to compete with ya!! February's stats will begin on Sunday, Jan 30th! I just need to know what you want to set as your daily step goal, your first name (for the chart) and if you don't mind sharing, tell us your favorite place to walk/run! The more the merrier!!!

All: Each month begins a new chance to adjust your step count...bring it down if the previous count was too hard to reach...bring it up if you're pushing yourself a little harder! For that reason, carry over for the step challenge isn't automatic as other things are...you have to sign up each month and answer those same questions. Think of it as "new month/new you" each time!! I'm upping my step goal to 7000 for February...how bout you?!!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Good Morning Shifters!! Thought you might like to see what I awoke to from our snow storm overnight. I'll include the pictures under the Spoiler below. It's pretty to look out at, but I won't be going out until it's all melted. I don't "do" snow! LOL

I've made another discovery...I'm enjoying my walking so much and feeling stronger every day, that's it's literally hard to take a day and "not" walk...you know, just rest and take it easy...I feel like I'm missing out! CRAZY! If you had predicted that a few years ago, I would have laughed and said you were insane...but it's so true now...I'm itching to get up and exercise right this minute...likely will once I finish these posts. Whodathunk it?!

Enjoy the pics below...and your "Caturday"! My Hazel is fascinated with the snow and is racing back and forth between my front and back windows...it's so funny to watch her!

Jessica
    e10avb8x8msk.jpg

lfxss9jlkelf.jpg

kuhs3uxdw6t6.jpg

056n222rp024.jpg

kb66ri7zak77.jpg

w557nx3waxlm.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    edited January 2022
    qasjrldbqxah.jpg

REMINDER...

Missing weigh-ins for this week:
    @KittyInBoots17
    @jennifersusanmcdougall
    @CasandraW (Sat)
    @hipari (Sat)

Try to report in early Sunday because stats will be well underway by that time...thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited January 2022
    Week 4 - Group Challenge: Water - Work It - Water is posted and will begin tomorrow, Sunday, 1/23/22. We're getting great feedback this year on the weekly challenges. Hope you'll join us!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10854509/january-week-4-group-challenge-water-work-it-water#latest

Jessica :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    0hh314cbarpc.png

Way to go shifters...it's been an amazing week for losses and maintaining! Way to work hard!!! Pat yourself on the back please!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    4mjtwdj34m57.png
  • jessicakrall8
    w1mq83yf8axs.png
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Thanks Jessica!!
    My step goal is 10,000 a day
    Shelley
    And I prefer to walk outside. I live in the country so it’s nice and peaceful. But I also live in Manitoba and I don’t like to walk in the cold!! So treadmill it is when it’s cold!!
This discussion has been closed.