Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,667 Member
    Where were you when I needed help locating my key fob?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
    Does that question imply you found it?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Isn't it still missing? Wasn't I hoping you'd suggest a ludicrous hiding place so I could at least laugh about it?
  • nossmf
    Have you looked in your pocket?
  • cmsienk
    🤦‍♀️ Why didn't I think of that?
  • nossmf
    Did you laugh at my suggestion of a ludicrous place to look?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,151 Member
    edited January 2022
    Have you looked in all the nooks and crannies? Have you considered that it fell into a cake you might have baked, in which case isn't the solution to eat the entire cake in an effort to find it?
    As it happens, aren't I finding it difficult to find a spare house key for my friend who's visiting for a week? Doesn't that include my house key that I never use these days, as I leave/arrive via my garage door? Don't I wish I had a baked cake to search?
    (And don't I hate this new bug in the editor that's inserting unwelcome line feeds in the middle or end of sentences? Didn't adding that sentence fix it?)
  • cmsienk
    Isn't that a frustrating and seemingly random bug?
  • frankwbrown
    edited January 2022
    Hasn't it been a fun day for me (and a friend), trying to fix my hot water heater, with parts that only fit by working a little MacGyver magic? Aren't we only now waiting, an hour or so on the final stage of preconditioning, before firing up the burners and seeing if the temperature control unit works now?
    Whether or not we succeed at getting hot water, hasn't my friend earned a soak in a hot spa/jacuzzi?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    He has - but do you have one for him to soak in?
  • frankwbrown
    Isn't it heating up right now? But didn't we fail to succeed, for lack of a high-temp sensor that fits the replacement Temperature Control Unit? So, isn't it a case of "for want of a nail sensor,..."?
    Won't I have to wait possibly until Feb 1st for the needed part?
  • cmsienk
    Isn't that a long time to wait for a part?!
    Haven't my furnace woes finally been resolved? Wasn't there a wire not making contact at all and wasn't the technician surprised it even worked at all for two weeks?
  • frankwbrown
    Things always work best when they're plugged in, right? 😂
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Wasn't it more complicated than plugging it in? Didn't a board have to be taken apart and several wires checked before the culprit was found?
    You know I was sorry to hear about your hot water tank sensor issues, don't you?
  • frankwbrown
    Yes, of course, but didn't your mention of a loose wire bring to my mind a computer tech joke about "Is it plugged in?" But doesn't it sound to me like someone dropped the ball, either the installer not connecting that wire during installation or the board assembler not testing their board?
    Aren't you thrilled though to finally have it working properly?
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Would you all believe I finally had to turn off the AC in Georgia, and use my heater?
  • cmsienk
    Did you know my AC has been off since September?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,416 Member
    Would you believe we don’t even have AC most places here? 😂
  • AdahGreen2022
    AdahGreen2022 Posts: 264 Member
    Do Floridians still have homes with fireplaces for the ambiance?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,416 Member
    Do you know any Floridians we can ask?