Sweet tooth help

Replies

• jenkuznits
    jenkuznits Posts: 1 Member
    I like ThinSlim brownies... with a little cool whip on top! 45 calories, 6 grams of protein, 20g of carbs and 0 sugar.

Wonderslim chocolate cake is good and I've tried a ton of "diet" ice cream, and hate them all, EXCEPT Nicks Karamell Icre cream found at grocery stores. It is soooo good!

• HarveysBud
    HarveysBud Posts: 420 Member
    These are my go to! At 45 cals a pop, they pack a tonne of flavour that kills the sweet-tooth. Organic too!

gax9unt763z7.png
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    1. 90% dark chocolate bars. You could work your way up to these starting with like a 60%. I love eating them while drinking coffee
    2. Coconut RX bars cubed into 1/2"x1/2" cubes and a side of walnuts or dried apricots
    3. 1.5 Cup orange juice with 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
    4. A small frosty, sugary coffee, or sweets from a place that has calories listed. If I happen to consume a treat, I just log it in within my calorie limit.
    5. 1 frozen banana pureed with coconut milk and peanut butter and/or unsweetened coco powder....MMMMMM! This literally taste like real ice cream. I use to give it to my son but then my whole family started wanting it....
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    I've been making tropical fruit sorbets out of tinned fruit. Strain two tins of lychee, saving the syrup in a saucepan. Boil down with flavourings such as bruised lemongrass or kaffir lime leaves until syrup is half the volume. Meanwhile blitz the fruit in the food processor, then blitz again with the strained syrup. Add a few tablespoons of lychee liqueur or vodka which helps prevent the mixture from freezing too solid. A tablespoon of rosewater will heighten the floral scent of lychee. Freeze several hours. Cut frozen granita mixture into cubes and blitz in the food processor with an egg white to soften the texture and re-freeze. You should get a scoopable sorbet. Make a float with some diet 7-up.

You can do this with any tinned fruit. For example for tinned pears, infused the syrup with cinnamon and replace lychee liqueur with poire williams eau de vie.

I like how people from other places (I live in the US) use ingredients I've never even heard of or have never thought to use. It's a good reminder to branch out if you feel like you always eat the same thing.
  • Cassmad
    Cassmad Posts: 2 Member
    I like apples with PB 2 and I also mix red grapes into vanilla yogurt.
  • angiep0910
    angiep0910 Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2022
    A smoothie with frozen unsweetened berries, a little spinach, 1/2 a banana, a little plain greek yogurt and almond milk. It gives you the sweetness, protein and vitamins. :)
  • graytara725
    graytara725 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2022
    3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup no sugar added jiff peanut butter
    1/2 cup monkfruit sweetener
    1 lg egg

Combine all ingredients well. Use a tablespoon to drop on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees, remove immediately and cool. Enjoy! Soft and crumbly..
    Store in airtight container in fridge.

* makes 18 cookies at roughly 93 calories each
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    This week, I made a no bake cookie using powdered PB, applesauce, and sub sugar alcohols for sugar.
    Add some coconut with the oats and it really taste like Heaven. Good rare snack.
    I regularly ate oat cookies, made with applesauce, banana and sprinkled with faux brown sugar. Bake at 350*. They are chewy and healthy enough for bfast.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    This week, I made a no bake cookie using powdered PB, applesauce, and sub sugar alcohols for sugar.
    Add some coconut with the oats and it really taste like Heaven. Good rare snack.
    I regularly ate oat cookies, made with applesauce, banana and sprinkled with faux brown sugar. Bake at 350*. They are chewy and healthy enough for bfast.

I'd be interested in trying these if you're able to share the measurements of each ingredient. Or a link to the recipe? Thanks in advance!
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    I'd be interested in trying these if you're able to share the measurements of each ingredient. Or a link to the recipe? Thanks in advance!
    [/quote]

I made it up. Just a 1:1 sub…faux sugar:real, applesauce:butter, prepared PB2:PB. The only other ingredients were the oats, cocoa, and vanilla.

I also thought of a brownie recipe that I made before, with nonfat yogurt….I used coconut yogurt and skipped the egg for whites only. Super satisfying….
    https://bromabakery.com/37-calorie-brownies-and-no-im-not/
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Frozen grapes.
    Get your favorite kind, I like the red seedless, but you can use whatever.
    Measure or weigh out your selected serving, and place in a zip loc bag and freeze them solid.
    I swear, they are like candy.

Or, I often buy the 100 calorie bags of popcorn, and add a spritz or two of caramel spray for popcorn. They sell it by the liquid butter for popcorn. It's 2 calories per 1/5 second spray, so for me it would likely end up being an extra 20-40 calories. But, worth it in my opinion. Sometimes instead, I'll add a serving of mini chocolate chips to the popcorn and mix them around.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    last night I took a frozen banana put it in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Add PB2 powder and mashed it. Tasted like PB fudge.
  • Moonliteyes85
    Moonliteyes85 Posts: 1 Member
    Others have said similar but parfaits help me. Greek yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit. I’ve learned that I can precut a week worth of strawberries and a glass sauce jar keeps them fresh all week. Hard to eat out of though so I just use it for strawberries and add to the yogurt on the day I eat it
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Frozen bananas sprinkled with cinnamon. Sometimes I top it with a little left over oatmeal. Yummy :)
  • factgirl67
    factgirl67 Posts: 3 Member
    If you eliminate refined sugar, after a week or so you will taste the sugar in just about everything. Fruits and berries can be your dessert...refined sugar...not so good anymore.
  • pixiedeathdust
    pixiedeathdust Posts: 11 Member
    Plain Greek yogurt, then add 1 packet of hot chocolate mix. It literally tastes like chocolate cheesecake 😋
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Xellercin wrote: »
    I personally develop an insane, consuming sweet tooth if I eat sugar every day, like I cannot get enough of it, and can't think of anything else when I want it.

Instead, when that happens, I take a 6 week break from sugar, which makes me lose almost all interest in eating it. Most sugary stuff tastes gross after that. Then I strictly never eat anything sugary two days in a row, and never more than twice a week. As long as I stick to that, I have very little interest in sugar, but can still enjoy it now and then when something really good is worth eating, like a fresh baked pie, or high end ice cream.

If I eat it for 3 days in a row, the obsessive sugar cravings return. So I just don't do that.

By doing this, I have managed to not have sugar cravings for about 99% of the last 20 years. I fell back into it when I made an exception in 2020 when I quit alcohol, and ate sweets every night for a few months, but again, a 6 week break totally killed the cravings again.
    Unfortunately, I think this is the right answer. We’ve become addicted to sugar. It takes several weeks to break a habit. Six weeks sounds like a long enough time to change your habits and kick the cravings. I think that I’d also have to give up even diet sodas. The sweetness would still leave me craving.
  • thewhipple12955
    thewhipple12955 Posts: 73 Member
    I have massive sweet cravings but joined this to keep me motivated to stay off sugary food. Do your best to try and wean off them.