Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 175

Replies

• coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    @jenkindo Hang in there! You got this Jen!!
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,228 Member
    New here! I'm excited to join the challenge
    5'9/F

SW: 183.0
    GW: 165
    Challenge GW: 179
    Day/Weight/Comment
    1/17 - 183.0 played 2hrs of volleyball yesterday and I was fairly good with my food. I definitely got my protein in - which is main macro goal.
    1/18 - 183.3 kinda bummed it went up, but I'll keep going.
    1/19 - 182.1 yesterday I worked out (I do Linn Lowes plans) and added an additional 15 min on the treadmill at an incline while waiting for my partner to complete their workout.
    1/20 - 182.0 stressful and long day of work yesterday, but still managed to get my workout in. Hoping to be a bit better food wise (I definitely stress snacked) today.
    1/21 - 181.3 I was a little surprised for this drop, yesterday was a rest day at the gym. I'll take it though. I'm getting closer to getting below 180.
    1/22 - 182.1
    1/23 - 181.3 Forgot to post my weight yesterday, but hopped on the scale today and was pleasantly surprised that it came back down. Maybe my goal should just be 180 for this round. I've got volleyball and a few gym days ahead so maybe I can drop another pound.
    1/24 - 183.1 yesterday was a hard day, we had to put down our family cat. He was almost 17 so we knew it was coming, it was hard to see him so frail and skinny and unable to eat, drink, and walk.
    1/25
    1/26

Sorry about your loss, I am sure he has had a good home with you - lots of years, that is a very good age for a cat, but I know pets are part of the family and leave a big hole. Sending hugs xx
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    coblujay wrote: »
    @jenkindo Hang in there! You got this Jen!!

Thank you! I keep thinking the stall has broken, then right back to 190.6. Big picture, I'm still moving in the right direction. Just being impatient. I'm not giving up though!

@musicsax So sorry for your loss. It's so hard to say goodbye to pets.
  • wakegrrl
    wakegrrl Posts: 215 Member
    @lindsaysrat I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. It's so hard to say goodbye to our four-legged family members. My four cats send you purrs and biscuits.
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    edited January 2022
    @playhardkf2017 That sounds like a delicious soup! My meals are planned for this week, but if/when we get another cold front next week I'll be looking for a recipe!

It really is! The fennel gets super sweet and yummy with the butter and because there's so much butter in it, you don't need to add cream to the soup. If I recall correctly, there are only those three ingredients if you use salted butter or you could add salt to your liking. So simple, but oh so good.
  • playhardkf2017
    @SheilaBoneham I know I'm late to the soup discussion but I think the best soup I ever had was a chunky tomato and caramelized fennel soup my friend made once and I made a couple of times afterward. It's essentially just caramelized fennel 2-3 large bulbs in about a stick or two of butter and a couple of large cans of crushed tomatoes simmered together for a bit. My goodness was that soup divine especially sopped up with a hearty bakery bread!

@playhardkf2017 It’s never too late to talk soup! That fennel-tomato sounds fabulous! I love fennel—will have to try it. Thanks!

You'll have to let me know if you try it! It's so simple with only three ingredients but so so good!
  • playhardkf2017
    New here! I'm excited to join the challenge
    5'9/F

SW: 183.0
    GW: 165
    Challenge GW: 179
    Day/Weight/Comment
    1/17 - 183.0 played 2hrs of volleyball yesterday and I was fairly good with my food. I definitely got my protein in - which is main macro goal.
    1/18 - 183.3 kinda bummed it went up, but I'll keep going.
    1/19 - 182.1 yesterday I worked out (I do Linn Lowes plans) and added an additional 15 min on the treadmill at an incline while waiting for my partner to complete their workout.
    1/20 - 182.0 stressful and long day of work yesterday, but still managed to get my workout in. Hoping to be a bit better food wise (I definitely stress snacked) today.
    1/21 - 181.3 I was a little surprised for this drop, yesterday was a rest day at the gym. I'll take it though. I'm getting closer to getting below 180.
    1/22 - 182.1
    1/23 - 181.3 Forgot to post my weight yesterday, but hopped on the scale today and was pleasantly surprised that it came back down. Maybe my goal should just be 180 for this round. I've got volleyball and a few gym days ahead so maybe I can drop another pound.
    1/24 - 183.1 yesterday was a hard day, we had to put down our family cat. He was almost 17 so we knew it was coming, it was hard to see him so frail and skinny and unable to eat, drink, and walk.
    1/25
    1/26

I’m so sorry for the loss of your kitty 💜.
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    @lindsaysrat I'm so sorry to hear that Lindsay. I have an 18 year old cat and I know that time is coming soon. Sending hugs!!
  • mrsrebeccaplude
    mrsrebeccaplude Posts: 48 Member
    @lindsaysrat I’m so sorry! 🥺 Losing a pet is heartbreaking.