Random Thought For the Day

Replies

• BenOsen3
    BenOsen3 Posts: 121 Member
    I don't understand what the family/couple all holding hands and walking away from the camera is supposed to convey.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    pc4gp2svrhnh.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    eqd6wrbcqsqy.jpeg
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    That's okay, we already left. There's snacks in the fridge. We'll be back in a week.
  • honey_honey_12
    s9nen082zprm.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    oqcdeimhw9bz.jpeg
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    So here's something to take our minds off the never-ending pandemic and being on the brink of world war 3... At any given time the solar system could destabilize and Earth and Venus could switch places.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Huh. @yukfoo, does that mean we can put away our shovels now?
  • ReenieHJ
    So I've been thinking about those poor iguanas that are dropping out of trees in Florida. I wish I was there, could scoop them all into a bucket, and let them loose in someone's house to reawaken. Then witness the results. :)
  • honey_honey_12
    Elephants are still being killed into extinction by poachers but scientists have been working and are very close to cloning a Wholly Mammoth.
    Why?
    Why don’t we work harder to save the elephants that are here?
  • ReenieHJ
    How can a person survive on hot dogs, spam, cheetos and ice cream bars? :( I fear for this person's health but if I say anything, the defense mode comes out, along with silence.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    There are none so blind as those who will not see
  • Unsafespace
    Unsafespace Posts: 88 Member
    You ever have a meal that is nothing out of the ordinary, but on a particular day it just tastes exceptionally well for some reason? Like, extra, extra good? And you don't know why because you've eaten this stuff plenty of times before. Little moments like this are very much fine ☺️
  • ReenieHJ
    Now I want grilled cheese and tomato soup.
    Wonder why?
  • honey_honey_12
    You ever have a meal that is nothing out of the ordinary, but on a particular day it just tastes exceptionally well for some reason? Like, extra, extra good? And you don't know why because you've eaten this stuff plenty of times before. Little moments like this are very much fine ☺️

I have.
    1970s, LaPaz Bolivia, my parents spend the first two days there with altitude sickness.
    It affected me differently, I wanted to eat constantly.
    In the hotel, I ordered a chopped steak with grilled onions and ended up eating it for every meal.
    To this day it’s one of my favorite things to eat.

Thinking back, I saw not one cow in Bolivia.
    It may have been Alpaca. 😖
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022

I have.
    1970s, LaPaz Bolivia, my parents spend the first two days there with altitude sickness.
    It affected me differently, I wanted to eat constantly.
    In the hotel, I ordered a chopped steak with grilled onions and ended up eating it for every meal.
    To this day it’s one of my favorite things to eat.

Thinking back, I saw not one cow in Bolivia.
    It may have been Alpaca. 😖

Why "😖"?

When you eat meat you're essentially eating something that was once a living creature no matter whether it's a cow, alpaca, horse, dog, cat, etc. They were all living creatures. I'd be willing to try non-conventional sources of meat 🤷🏻‍♂️...... with some exceptions, of course. One of them being bats

I can definitely cross shark meat off of my bucket list
  • honey_honey_12
    Cows, pigs, chicken and a couple fish, that’s it for me.
    At 61, I’ve tried quite a few kinds of meat in my life.
    No to venison, no to lamb, no to crustaceans, mollusks, most fish, no to buffalo, no to rattlesnake, no to octopus.
    Don’t tell me alligator tastes like chicken coz it doesn’t.
    😂
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022
    Cows, pigs, chicken and a couple fish, that’s it for me.
    At 61, I’ve tried quite a few kinds of meat in my life.
    No to venison, no to lamb, no to crustaceans, mollusks, most fish, no to buffalo, no to rattlesnake, no to octopus.
    Don’t tell me alligator tastes like chicken coz it doesn’t.
    😂

Buffalo is pretty much like cow meat. If you did a blind test, you might not even tell a difference.

Squid is awesome 🐙

I 100% would like to try python meat 🐍. It can be very high in mercury, so even if I did like it it would just be a once-in-a-lifetime thing

Horsemeat is definitely on my bucket list. Possibly some kangaroo, but I might like those things a little too much to eat one 😅

Moose is outstanding, as is elk 🦌. Lamb meat really is nothing to write home about 🐏🤷🏻‍♂️

And yes, gator meat 🐊 is nothing like chicken. I burned it on the grill, but it seems like it's going to have a texture/consistency somewhat like a cross between crab legs and lobster
  • ReenieHJ
    Boca burgers all the way :)
  • ReenieHJ
    Posing a question.....it's official, I'm flying out of Boston to visit my dd in Seattle the end of May. I've never been further west than N.Y. and it may be the only trip I make, IDK, out there. :/
    Suggestions of top things to see/do?
    I really want to visit a coastal area but everything she's told me sounds like it's quite a road trip. But I read Port Townsend is only 60 miles away. So....here I am, asking you all.

Thanks!!!